Is xeno prime really the homeworld of the xenomorph

Started by Thatguy2068, Nov 06, 2023, 09:44:44 AM

Author
Is xeno prime really the homeworld of the xenomorph (Read 2,133 times)

The Cruentus

Because the idea of them being created by David and only existed for 20 odd years before the first film leaves a bad taste and takes away a lot from the creatures and the franchise in my opinion. I prefer them being natural occuring creatures or at the very least, created by space jockies and not david

BlueMarsalis79

Created by Pilots, not the Engineers, not humanity, not artifice.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 12:27:48 AMBecause the idea of them being created by David and only existed for 20 odd years before the first film leaves a bad taste and takes away a lot from the creatures and the franchise in my opinion. I prefer them being natural occuring creatures or at the very least, created by space jockies and not david

You want elephant man too?

The Cruentus

Honestly Ridley's prequels should be retconned, so I guess that does include the space jockey being an engineer. First I would like to see him complete his trilogy, before any new origin/retcon happens.

Thatguy2068

I think the hiveworld keeps in line with the cosmic horror of Xenomorph in General

The Cruentus

They should be an old species that has come from a very harsh world, something that had to evolve into what it is as we know it, just to survive its own planet.

Or at the very, very least, if I they had to created then it should be by the space jockeys.

Hiveworlds are interesting to explore because they are basically worlds that got overrun and maybe each hiveworld would have their own variations due to the hosts that inhabited the world. So no hiveworld would contain the same Alien types due to host factors.

Immortan Jonesy

~ Engineer Prime ~

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 20, 2024, 07:07:28 PMThey should be an old species that has come from a very harsh world, something that had to evolve into what it is as we know it, just to survive its own planet.

I prefer something a bit less clearly defined and only alluded to in mythological terms (because they're so f**king old even the jockeys and/or engineers can't remember how they found them, or they really are from Somewhere Else beyond human understanding), if we go the route of ignoring Covenant. I think we can all agree, regardless of personal opinion, that the prequels going into so much detail didn't jive well with a lot of people, and I'd say anything doing the same but different would hit similar snags because you'll never please everyone.

Sometimes an unanswered question is more powerful than whatever a given writer could ever come up with to answer it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed