Could a pathogen infected human being impregnated by the facehuggers

Started by Thatguy2068, Sep 20, 2023, 08:53:44 AM

Author
Could a pathogen infected human being impregnated by the facehuggers (Read 2,749 times)

Thatguy2068

Been thinking about this a lot, I thought it might be interesting to share. Can the Pathogen Infected Human be impregnated by a Facehuggers? If so what the end result be, would the chestbuster be merge with the victim or would it come out as a stronger xenomorph?

[cancerblack]

Impregnated, probably. Survive long enough for anything to happen? Questionable.

PAS Spinelli

Pretty sure that's how the Pathogen Xenos, Spitters and Monica came to be in Fireteam elite

Wweyland

Yes, although it would result in some strange things, as is always the case with the Pathogen.

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 20, 2023, 10:18:41 AMImpregnated, probably. Survive long enough for anything to happen? Questionable.

Fifield survived a while after he went swimming in it.  Which was probably different to stuff David dumped.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 26, 2023, 01:35:03 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 20, 2023, 10:18:41 AMImpregnated, probably. Survive long enough for anything to happen? Questionable.

Fifield survived a while after he went swimming in it.  Which was probably different to stuff David dumped.

God, I hated Fifield. >:(

Thatguy2068

It would've been cool if something did burst out of him, and the xenomorph is like a stronger And more bio mechanical design

BlueMarsalis79

Uh... no, the Pathogen, would make things more organic like... everything it makes in the films. Not inexplicably more biomechanical.

PAS Spinelli

Yeah, as seen in Fireteam Elite, the Aliens that end up being exposed to the pathogen while young grow up to become fleshy and infertile

Nightmare Asylum

Indirectly, a few generations removed from the original pathogen/Alien ancestor, we do see a human clone with Alien (and, by extension, pathogen) DNA briefly get facehugged, only to rip it off of her face very quickly, in Alien: Resurrection. ;)

Still Collating...

Why do you believe those things are different if I may ask? :) In Covenant and Prometheus, all of the Black Goo came from the same looking urns. Didn't David say in Covenant that the Pathogen either outright kills you or mutates you, both of which we've seen in Prometheus and Covenant?

SM

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 26, 2023, 09:53:00 PM

Why do you believe those things are different if I may ask? :) In Covenant and Prometheus, all of the Black Goo came from the same looking urns. Didn't David say in Covenant that the Pathogen either outright kills you or mutates you, both of which we've seen in Prometheus and Covenant?

Because of the effects. Fifield didn't end up like the Engineers in Covenant and didn't birth anything. David himself says the pathogen 'took on so many forms'. 

BlueMarsalis79

It is said in the Prometheus commentary that Holloway would have become like Fifield, and Fifield would have become like the exploding Engineer head they found.

The individuals in the population of "Planet 4" exploded in pretty similar ways to my eyes.

All the corpses on LV-223 aside from the head, are similarly petrified, and full of holes all over the body.

Pretty easy to extrapolate the causality from the Pathogen imo.

SM

Yeah the suggestion is Fifield and Charlie would've blown up like the Engineer head.  On Planet 4 though the bodies looked petrified after being burned.  Some would have holes because they birthed 'hybrid forms' (which we see when David deploys the pathogen), but based on what we see most were killed outright, and didn't explode.  They appear to be largely intact.

There's no indication that Fifield or Charlie would birth anything.

BlueMarsalis79

I can't say that they birthed anything other than just the Pathogen itself erupting from them. I'm under the impression hybrids only happen if you are not literally drowned in the stuff.  The Engineers on LV-223 might have looked the same inside the suits as the ones on Planet 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed