Aliens Fireteams
5 (27.8%)
Aliens Dark Descent
3 (16.7%)
Other
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Which is the Ideal Praetorian design (Read 3,457 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2023, 09:29:25 PMI will accept looking sick as f**k and being a bullet sponge.
I'm ok with that idea.

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2023, 09:29:25 PMI will accept looking sick as f**k and being a bullet sponge.
and also starting another Xeno Colony if there's like a resident nearby

[cancerblack]

You could try to make some argument about hives reaching certain sizes having batches of royal huggers (if we're going that route), and any that aren't distributed far enough to found a new or secondary hive are rendered neuter in vitro by the presence of a mature female, at which point it's more about the hive finding a use for them than them being a desired caste.

Could be anything from guard/bullet sponge to something more like an outcast/lone wolf on the outskirts of infested territory.

I don't think the handwavium is even totally necessary though.

SM

SM

Not really a fan of the 'hive outgrows an area' or gets too big.  Queens have a finite number of eggs.  Once they're laid, the Queen dies and the eggs remain for however long to start the cycle again sometime in the future.

[cancerblack]

I think that's compatible with some of those eggs being "female". That infectious expansion doesn't require the first point of infection to remain alive/in place. It could spread and burn itself out while still doing the above. Again, I don't think the explanation is even really required, they look cool and it's a popular design.

Local Trouble

Even in a movie?

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 29, 2023, 12:20:16 AM

Even in a movie?
Yes

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 29, 2023, 12:20:16 AM

Even in a movie?

No.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Is Earth War the first Praetorian encounter?

[cancerblack]

Did earth war have the pincer ones? I don't recall them in it. Female war, definitely.

SM

SM

Female War is the revised version of Earth War.  And yeah it was the pincer ones.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I'm still curious as to what the full life cycle duration for a xenomorph is. I believe I heard Gigers version of the alien had a very quick life cycle hence why it ate and slept so much. I feel like in other adaptations aliens can become dormant for an infinite number of years. It would be interesting to see how that ties into a queen that lays a finite amount of eggs.

SiL

SiL

Giger didn't really think about it.

Dan O'Bannon said after a period of bloodlust they settle for a scholarly life of 300 years.

Ridley had the butterfly analogy

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Nov 29, 2023, 08:49:06 PMDan O'Bannon said after a period of bloodlust they settle for a scholarly life of 300 years.

Are you disappointed we never got to see that happen?

SM

SM

Considering Danny boy also said the Aliens should become Predators, I think I'm okay with things the way they are.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2023, 11:34:04 PMConsidering Danny boy also said the Aliens should become Predators, I think I'm okay with things the way they are.

:o

I would like to know more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed