[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2023, 05:04:14 PM

Author
[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series! (Read 21,807 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2023, 07:36:05 AMCan't they just let go of the failures of the AVP films already?! Its been 20 years now, like goddammit we can start clean and make something cool now with the AVP content. The expanded media still keeps it alive and people still have interest in the separate continuities.

Are you talking about Fox/Studios still being hung up over the failure and not wanting to invest in the crossover?

Some Old Dude

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 17, 2023, 09:52:41 AMJudging by the content and context of the post, he means Child Sexual Abuse. Considering how vile Hollywood and rich people are in general it seems like an odd thing to go after WB for specifically, for the one person in question, without calling out the rest - but, whatever.

Well he's the only one who got to shake it off and remain in power at Hollywood. I can't think of anyone else famous who has associations like that off the top of my head, but the outed likes of Singer, Ratner, et al can all still go choke too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Some Old Dude on May 18, 2023, 07:58:39 AMWell he's the only one who got to shake it off and remain in power at Hollywood.

That's currently outed for it.

QuoteI can't think of anyone else famous who has associations like that off the top of my head, but the outed likes of Singer, Ratner, et al can all still go choke too.

Yeah Singer, et al are still working and even Spacey has a current redemption arc, but let's not continue to sully this nice thread with any more of this subject, bruh. PM me or take it to the Rec Board.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2023, 07:42:04 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 18, 2023, 07:36:05 AMCan't they just let go of the failures of the AVP films already?! Its been 20 years now, like goddammit we can start clean and make something cool now with the AVP content. The expanded media still keeps it alive and people still have interest in the separate continuities.

Are you talking about Fox/Studios still being hung up over the failure and not wanting to invest in the crossover?

I think he is, and I agree with him on that front.

Corporal Hicks

I completely agree. It'd be a shame if they can't move past the movies after all this time. AvP, as much as majority of fans don't rate it particularly high, was a financially successful film. The crossover has legs. Someone just needs to do it right. We've seen it work in other formats, there's inspiration for it there.

xenotaris

Yeah just ignore AVP 04 and AVPR with your new AVP movie, like it never happened.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2023, 11:59:11 AMI completely agree. It'd be a shame if they can't move past the movies after all this time. AvP, as much as majority of fans don't rate it particularly high, was a financially successful film. The crossover has legs. Someone just needs to do it right. We've seen it work in other formats, there's inspiration for it there.

If they can make Underwater on a tight budget and satisfy most people with Prey, they can do AvP in space without breaking the bank.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xenotaris on May 18, 2023, 12:05:33 PMYeah just ignore AVP 04 and AVPR with your new AVP movie, like it never happened.

Oh, definitely. That's the solution regarding any narrative. Another AvP doesn't need to tie into the previous ones in the slightest.

[cancerblack]

In fact, it would actively benefit from not doing so.

BlueMarsalis79

The reputation of AVP Requiem on the license.

[cancerblack]

Honestly I think pretty much everyone who isn't terminally online has forgotten it entirely, a fresh start IN SPAAAACE would be totally viable by this point.

Corporal Hicks

And the best direction. For all involved.

Whiskeybrewer

The fact its completed and yet hidden irks me.

Reading that after what's being done to Final Space just hurts me

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2023, 07:42:04 AMAre you talking about Fox/Studios still being hung up over the failure and not wanting to invest in the crossover?

Yes, 200% correct on this. While the films were not the best as people wanted it to be, it never stopped people begging for new media of the series. We still got novels and comic books that get people excited over. Hell, even today we still get people asking for a new AVP game, seeing how we get Alien/Predator game content it comes to no surprise that having a new AVP game is also on people's lists too. I despise this lack of vision you see in companies, afraid to commit to things due to fearing loss of their gains but hell its also about taking risks and seeing them pay off. I mean for cripes sake man, we get a full season all done and nothing to show for? What are they even doing?!

I genuinely don't understand the fear anymore. I doubt the public still cares about how the last films went. If anything, if its cool, people will come to see it. I mean look at the recent stuff right, for some people Prey and The Predator were the introduction to the Predator series (I can never apologize enough for anyone who saw The Predator as their first Predator film, goddamm what a poisonous taste), and Marvel's current run is also going to be the intro for new folks going into Predator comics. It's about reeling in a new generation to get a new base going. Its about time that AVP also gets to have its shine too. Novels and comics are good and all, but we need our games, films, and animated series now.

Corporal Hicks

You'll find no arguments from me here, Turok.

fafa

be just one day , we will have the animated version in high quality CGi of the films we dream of having by Neill and Walter

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed