Ideas for a Xenomorph Phenotype/Subspecies/Hive and its dynamics

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Aug 02, 2019, 02:37:21 PM

Author
Ideas for a Xenomorph Phenotype/Subspecies/Hive and its dynamics (Read 3,098 times)

The Old One

The Old One

To a degree, I agree.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 04, 2019, 10:26:24 PM
In my previous RPG stuff, I've generally just f**ked with the design to a greater or lesser degree, and flatly never explained it to the players in or out of character.

Any info they can find generally has more to do with observed behavior in captivity than in a natural environment, and is purely foreshadowing/tension building rather than an attempt to define castes or subspecies.

The players can draw their own conclusions if they want to, but they'll never get hard answers from me as the GM or from in-game documents.

Because ultimately my opinion is that once something is codified and has a hard/"real" answer, you've painted yourself into a corner. It's a lot more fun for me as a storyteller and a lot more tense for the players, if they never know what's coming next. Making a very explicit set of castes or defining conditions for adaptation damage that freedom IMO.

That's probably fair-Sorry if I came across as a bit stifling in terms of creative freedoms.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I made a subspecies of the xenomorph called Incubito Occisor (Incubating Murderer)
This creature is a bit different from the original xenomorph, rather having the face hugger they instead have a hammerpede like organism that has a spike tail that can paralyze the host that is kept in the adult form. Therefore the specimen goes inside the host to incubate itself from within. After it grow too big for the host, it burst out of the stomach and flees to a safe area. The host most likely won't wake up before the bith. in the adult form the tail can still paralyze any prey it hunts. The inner mouth rather going outward instead goes inward like the moray eels

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed