Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 46,238 times)

Neila

Neila

Yes, as I said, I'm not entirely sure.
It could also be that the newborn's attack on the queen wasn't just this one Bud Spencer blow, but that it lasted longer.
I think it was in the novel, I'll check it out.

update:
OK, I checked it.
The newborn didn't have a fight with the Queen in the A4 novel, but it attacked her for a longer period of time and didn't just give her a punch like in the film.
The newborn also ate parts of the dead queen and then grew a little bigger.
Unlike in the film, there were several warrior aliens in the nest here, but with the death of the queen they became disoriented and didn't know what to do.

The Cruentus

I think I remember reading that Ripley 8 was actually supposed to be cocooned too. Gedimen was also infected with a chestburster that burst after the newborn killed him. At least I recall something like that.

E. Shaw

There are brilliant aspects, the opening of the satellite which looks like the Queen, the Sacrificial Chamber as the eggs rise up, and when Dr. Graeme Miller (Ewen Bremner) awakes cocooned and tries to survive by shooting facehuggers, and more keep coming and it pans away as he screams, and the Queen chasing through the whale boneyard.

The Fights between the Xenomorphs and the Predators were when it felt it drifted into Comic/Video Game territory, which I understand is the point, but those scenes I listed felt very Alien worthy.

The Cruentus

Yeah, the fight scenes weren't good, too many close ups and wrestling type fight going on. That being said, I really like the shot where Grid gets up after having its tail cut off and starts using it as a weapon.

E. Shaw

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 25, 2024, 07:03:34 PMYeah, the fight scenes weren't good, too many close ups and wrestling type fight going on. That being said, I really like the shot where Grid gets up after having its tail cut off and starts using it as a weapon.

That was visually a great scene in the fight, like the tail became a Spitting Cobra. :)

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 24, 2024, 07:10:13 PMI think I remember reading that Ripley 8 was actually supposed to be cocooned too. Gedimen was also infected with a chestburster that burst after the newborn killed him. At least I recall something like that.

No one in the hive on the Auriga had chestbursters as there were no eggs.  The Queen started her second cycle before the Aliens escaped.

The Cruentus

I meant like in the original drafts or something. I could have sworn I read something about Gedimen being infected.

E. Shaw

I think of the fights, Scar vs Queen is the better one. Seeing Her Majesty in the open was a treat and I still the scene when Scar leapt and drives his combistick into her head was a very cool scene.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 25, 2024, 08:54:11 PMI meant like in the original drafts or something. I could have sworn I read something about Gedimen being infected.
No, it was the same there. Ripley was cocooned though.

SM

The Alien Resurrection scripts - EXPLAINED!

aliens13

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2024, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 24, 2024, 07:10:13 PMI think I remember reading that Ripley 8 was actually supposed to be cocooned too. Gedimen was also infected with a chestburster that burst after the newborn killed him. At least I recall something like that.

No one in the hive on the Auriga had chestbursters as there were no eggs.  The Queen started her second cycle before the Aliens escaped.
And the eggs on the stairs scene?

SiL

Taken from the eggs she lay before.

SM

Thatguy2068

SM

No I was agreeing with SiL.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed