Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 123,735 times)

Corporal Hicks

Some time in between Prey and War could be a playground for some interesting Machiko stuff.

Ultramorph

Maybe do a backstory for Ash Parnall and Big Mama while they're at it.  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 27, 2017, 02:32:03 PM
I wonder if an entire anthology of AVPs might not get a bit samey... I think I'd personally prefer to see the odd crossover thrown into future Predator/Alien anthologies (assuming there are some).

What I was thinking is that they could do an anthology where they pit Aliens and Predators not only against each other in various environments, but also against other things.

There could be an entire short story on just the Predator hunting some random thing and it's done in his point of view. We got a cool glimpse of this in Indigenous Species but from a human point of view as they watch Predators hunt Gruzzlies. An AvP anthology could explore more prey.

Same with Aliens, it can pit them against other types of creatures, not just humans and Predators.

So in a way, it's still "Aliens vs Predator" technically as Predators are still hunting various "aliens" and Aliens are still fighting various "predators."  :P

Also why not throw in Engineers if possible? Have a Predator encounter one of them. Or even the Drukathi from Tim Lebbon's Alien and AvP novels.

Just some ideas I thought up. How cool would it be to have Predators hunt Aliens in Engineer and Drukathi ruins? With the narration of the novel explaining Yautja history with these other civilisations. I loved Kalakta's descriptions of the Drukathi and how immensely advanced those aliens were/are to the point that even the Yautja were wary of them.

And if we throw in Engineers. Why not have short stories of Predators hunting other Engineer creations like Ahab did in the Fire and Stone comics?

These panels alone could be an amazing short story for an AvP anthology.

Ultramorph

I'd be more than down for a story about all of Ahab's adventures before Fire and Stone, or even something after Life and Death. Galgo would be a cool recurring character, as well. Him and Ahab meeting under less friendly circumstances would be cool.

grootsuit

grootsuit

the art in predator fire & stone was my favorite from that series

Corporal Hicks

I think Bryan mentioned in our podcast that they couldn't go after the existing Predator characters. Whether that extended to the Predator's themselves, I'm not sure. But f**k yes! I would 100% love a short about Ahab!

The Alien Predator

I am nearly finished, only one more story left. I enjoyed this book a lot.

Drug Wars was excellent, well done, Bryan.  ;D I liked how Harrigan was portrayed here. I also liked the little thing between him and Fernando, where Fernando assumed everyone from L.A. is a movie star, and didn't recognise Harrigan because "he hasn't seen his movies".

It was a nice nod to the fact that Harrigan's in a movie and portrayed by a movie star named Danny Glover.

Also, seeing as "come with me if you want to live" has been quoted, that means Terminator is an in-universe entertainment franchise.

Dutch must've heard "you look and sound like Arnold" at some point in his life.  :laugh:

BryanThomasS

What I was thinking is that they could do an anthology where they pit Aliens and Predators not only against each other in various environments, but also against other things.

My first preference is to do another Predator only antho, in which case I will compile a primer on existing Predator characters. But I also pushed for A v P v Terminators. We shall see.

In the meantime, I have been invited to guest host Fox Studio's official PREDATOR app. More soon.  #intheworks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Nov 28, 2017, 04:40:42 AM
My first preference is to do another Predator only antho, in which case I will compile a primer on existing Predator characters. But I also pushed for A v P v Terminators. We shall see.

I'm unsure if you're pulling our leg here...  :P

QuoteIn the meantime, I have been invited to guest host Fox Studio's official PREDATOR app. More soon.  #intheworks

It's about time they actually did something with that!

BryanThomasS

Dead serious on both counts.

Corporal Hicks

Hmmmm. I think AvPvT might be a harder sell. The last attempt didn't go down too well.

Ultramorph

Still better than Terminator Genisys.

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

Why should the comics people.have all the fun?  I will do it better. I am actually also waiting for approval on a Terminator anniversary anthology, similar to IF IT BLEEDS. But we shall see.  I proposed it to Titan. No idea if it went past them or if Cameron would even allow it.

Ultramorph

A terminator anthology would be sick.

The Alien Predator

I've just binged all the Terminator movies and the Sarah Connor Chronicles a few days ago and now this get announced?

Hell yeah! I hope this becomes approved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed