Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 118,183 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteSigned a contract for the PREDATOR tie-in antho with @TitanBooks coming Oct. 2017.

https://twitter.com/BryanThomasS/status/760500837642895360

Quote@avpgalaxy @TitanBooks new stories in the universe of the 1st three films and Dark Horse comics by @seananmcguire  @TheKJA and more...

Ultramorph

Nice, two anthologies coming! Glad to see the output isn't slowing down. Maybe we'll get an Ahab story.

Scorpio

Is this related to the new movie?

The Alien Predator

Truly exciting times to be a fan!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 02, 2016, 05:10:10 PM
Is this related to the new movie?

Apparently not. I'll copy up some more tweets in a second.

Corporal Hicks

In regards to being directly related to The Predator -

Quote@avpgalaxy @TitanBooks @seananmcguire @TheKJA no. Fox does not want us doing anything with that. Separate rights

And other bits -

Quote@avpgalaxy @TitanBooks new stories in the universe of the 1st three films and Dark Horse comics by @seananmcguire  @TheKJA and more..

@avpgalaxy @TitanBooks all prose. We have several past Predator novelists returning plus new people like @JonathanMaberry @daytonward etc

@avpgalaxy @TitanBooks 2 Perrys, Archer, @monsterhunter45 @wnwagner @jenniferbrozek myself @NeoEdmund1 @miragrant john shirley 17 altogether

@avpgalaxy @TitanBooks @monsterhunter45 there will be lots of variety to it for sure.  @JRobinsonAuthor  also, forgot him. Kaiju master...

No Jeff VanderMeer. Interesting collection of authors though. Nathan Archer (who did the first 2 Predator novelizations), both Perrys, John Shirley (I hear Rakai crying into his hands now!!!) Not instantly familiar with the other names though - Jeremy Robinson, Wendy N. Wagner, Jennifer Brozek, NEO EDMUND and Mira Grant.

The Alien Predator

Is this basically the Predator version of Alien: Bug Hunt?

With all new stories?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 02, 2016, 07:20:50 PM

With all new stories?

Yeah, exactly.

One story is set in Asia.

Quote@avpgalaxy we will likely have a story set in south Asia though.  Fox has to approve pitches so details sekret for now.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2016, 07:21:24 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 02, 2016, 07:20:50 PM

With all new stories?

Yeah, exactly.

One story is set in Asia.

Quote@avpgalaxy we will likely have a story set in south Asia though.  Fox has to approve pitches so details sekret for now.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!

YES! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THESE!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2016, 07:13:22 PM
(I hear Rakai crying into his hands now!!!)

I really don't care as much as I used to anymore.. I can only hope that Shirely is aware of the Yautja concept.. but if the Hish are back for good.. well, I guess Predator/Yautja fans like me are not the demographic. Not like I'm picking this up.

But you should ask if the Yautja or Hish version of the Predators are being used?

Also.. if the Hish are going to be used, are they going to be retconned as being the Super Predators?

Corporal Hicks

I asked about Hish and Yautja but the answer wasn't conclusive.

Quotethere will be lots of variety to it for sure.

I suspect we'll see some sort of retcon of them with Shirley being involved which was why I asked. Not that I want it.

Not sure how much more I can say but I have heard some stuff about the kind of stories that are going to be in it and they sound like a nice mix of things playing on the films and the EU. 

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2016, 07:31:01 AM
I asked about Hish and Yautja but the answer wasn't conclusive.

I guess we'll wait and see...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2016, 07:31:01 AM
I suspect we'll see some sort of retcon of them with Shirley being involved which was why I asked. Not that I want it.

I'm not sure if the authors have talked with each other but if I do know one thing about anthology stories-- they're generally unrelated to one another. Whether or not this will be the case for Predator, well.. again, remains to be seen but... You're right about one thing, I'm not too thrilled about Shirley being brought back for this, but I would like to think that he's aware of the Yautja concept now since he was made aware of it back in 2006.. but I just don't trust the guy with the Predator whatsoever but... I'm hoping that the Hish idea... is left behind.

If there is some sort of retcon, well.. I'm not going to get my hopes high as far as Predator is concerned. The least I can hope for is that the traditional Predators we know and love are the Yautja, where the Super Predators could be retconned as the Hish. But the realist in me says... that's gonna be too much to ask for. I've tried giving some of the new stuff a chance and learned if it's not one thing, it's another.

HuDaFuK

Noice. I'm actually really excited by the prospect of these anthology books.

Wonder if the reaction to Aliens: Bug Hunt spurred this decision at all?

Xenomrph

Oh man if this ends up being a Lost Tribe anthology then I think I might pee a little.

EJA

Looking forward to this very much, will definitely be picking it up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed