Alien: Bring it to Earth?

Started by CookieG, Nov 27, 2018, 12:46:19 PM

Author
Alien: Bring it to Earth? (Read 2,154 times)

CookieG

CookieG

I would love an "Alien: Awakening" sequel film, sure.

But what was always hinted but never really done was to see the creature brought to earth and have it set loose (or break free) and see what happens – like an apocalyptic earth Alien movie. Lets be honest, anyone would pay to see the xenomorph do a mass existinction on humans! You could have all the stealthy kills and michael bay style explosions and military action in a movie like that.

The comics do have a run where the creature was actually on earth - Outbreak I think it was, the queen is brought to earth (or could be raised, bred etc) and then quite soon after experiemtns go wrong (of course) the earth is overrun.

I would pay to see that sort film in a heart-beat. Bring the Alien to earth and let it loose! If they can do those AvP films and getaway with it briefly, why not go the full hog. Alien: Earth or Devastation or Outbreak, whatever... bring it on!

Does anyone else agree or have a similar thought?

Huggs

Huggs

Check out the Aliens Omnibus Volume 1

Earth Hive
Nightmare Asylum
The Female War

Aliens overrun earth and Ripley is still alive.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

If Earth will be overrun by Aliens in a television series or a feature film, all I ask is it doesn't take place in present day, but in the future, a world in the grip of the Weyland-Yutani corp and synthetics walking among us.

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 27, 2018, 04:13:08 PM
Check out the Aliens Omnibus Volume 1

Earth Hive
Nightmare Asylum
The Female War

Aliens overrun earth and Ripley is still ali!ve.

Maybe she never really died!
Ripley, Believe it or Not!

Huggs

Huggs

I was waiting for a thumbs up when she fell into the fire.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 27, 2018, 04:13:08 PM
The Female War

Earth War.  It just isn't the same without Sam Kieth's art.

The Old One

The Old One

No TY, it just isn't what I want from the Alien franchise.
For instance, I'm far more enthralled by Bryan Cranston's character in BrBa- personal stakes.
Than I am in 98% of films that feature large scale battle, or invasion- the exception being LOTR
& Not much else.

Fleshwound

Fleshwound

They already did it terribly with the AVP movies so I am hesitant to go for it. If they did do the Female War arc then that could be good but I just can't get past how they will likely screw it up, again.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Can any true Alien series not end with an Earth Invasion?  If this alien boat is meant to float it has to eventually lead to the destruction of the Earth. Horror franchise folks, hello? :P

The Old One

The Old One

There's a point when the scale becomes so large the horror is lost, or pointless.
Because we empathize with individuals or groups- not entire civilizations.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But that's why you focus on smaller groups embroiled within that.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I always had an idea for this kind of Alien film, which would have elements of Book One in it

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Quote from: CookieG on Nov 27, 2018, 12:46:19 PM
I would love an "Alien: Awakening" sequel film, sure.

But what was always hinted but never really done was to see the creature brought to earth and have it set loose (or break free) and see what happens – like an apocalyptic earth Alien movie. Lets be honest, anyone would pay to see the xenomorph do a mass existinction on humans! You could have all the stealthy kills and michael bay style explosions and military action in a movie like that.

The comics do have a run where the creature was actually on earth - Outbreak I think it was, the queen is brought to earth (or could be raised, bred etc) and then quite soon after experiemtns go wrong (of course) the earth is overrun.

I would pay to see that sort film in a heart-beat. Bring the Alien to earth and let it loose! If they can do those AvP films and getaway with it briefly, why not go the full hog. Alien: Earth or Devastation or Outbreak, whatever... bring it on!

Does anyone else agree or have a similar thought?
Would love to see such a movie!

Huggs

Huggs

Knowing our luck it would piggyback off AVPR.

irn

irn

If it had to come to Earth then I'd prefer it was an isolated area so you still have the tension of peril. If Earth was lost to xenomorphs then it'd be a bit like "eh... oh well. That was that. We lost."

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 30, 2018, 03:34:48 PM
Knowing our luck it would piggyback off AVPR.

Hollywood as an industry needs a reboot - not the franchises.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed