The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,899 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Do itttt. I'm rereading them now :P

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 16, 2014, 02:37:17 AM
So, you're telling me I have to wait a year?! Shieeeeeeeet. I should just read the books then. I'm really interested now.

we know your going to wiki it as soon as your done posting here

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 02:39:35 AM
Do itttt. I'm rereading them now :P
I saw a nice bundle at my work but I already own the first one so I wasn't sure whether I should get it or not.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 16, 2014, 02:39:56 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 16, 2014, 02:37:17 AM
So, you're telling me I have to wait a year?! Shieeeeeeeet. I should just read the books then. I'm really interested now.

we know your going to wiki it as soon as your done posting here
I thought about it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

buy the bundle and just sell the first copy to some poorfag who doesn't have it but needs it

MudButt

MudButt

the finale .. goddamn.

Spoiler
glad to see tywin die finally
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

some of the people that play their characters I've questioned

Spoiler
but Charles Dance as Tywin was always who I imagined Tywin as.  Perfect casting.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thinking about it more, I really wish that
Spoiler
Jaime and Tyrion's conversation from the book was on screen. Without it, the aftermath of the prison break, including Tywin's excellently executed death, loses a bit of its punch. Same goes for Tyrion's motivation moving forward.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It has been so long for me since I read storm of swords I can't even remember what it was.

I think that came out when I was a senior in HS. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 16, 2014, 04:23:45 AM
It has been so long for me since I read storm of swords I can't even remember what it was.

BOOK SPOILERS

Spoiler
Jaime confesses to Tyrion that Tysha, Tyrion's wife, actually loved him and was not a whore. Tywin, and by extension Jaime, had made all of those men rape an innocent girl to prove a point to Tyrion.

Tyrion, understandably, leaves furious at Jaime.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I do remember that for some reason I thought he found out later. 

Vepariga

Vepariga

Spoiler
Stoneheart wont be in it.

but such a good episode, Brinne vs Hound was f**king awesome and brutal.

TEAM STANNIS! YES f**k THAT WAS GOOD
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

You know, that very well may have been my favorite episode in the entire series. Goddamn outstanding from start to finish; the directing from Alex Graves was impeccable- nobody directs the fight scenes in this series quite like him.

Spoiler
Also, just give Peter Dinklage ever award he's eligible for. Once again, his performance left me breathless, and his final moments playing opposite Charles Dance were something to behold. From their very first one on one scene together in Season 1, their chemistry has always been so intense and perfectly executed.
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 04:29:13 AM

BOOK SPOILERS

Spoiler
Jaime confesses to Tyrion that Tysha, Tyrion's wife, actually loved him and was not a whore. Tywin, and by extension Jaime, had made all of those men rape an innocent girl to prove a point to Tyrion.

[close]

Even replying I have not read the spoilers. Is this the convo that happens in the books but is omitted from the episode? 

I'm curious about reading it and wonder if it's a big spoiler that is relevant later on.

Ghostface

Ghostface

That was probably my favourite episode to date. Not a single dull moment.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 16, 2014, 09:28:12 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 04:29:13 AM

BOOK SPOILERS

Spoiler

[close]

Even replying I have not read the spoilers. Is this the convo that happens in the books but is omitted from the episode? 

I'm curious about reading it and wonder if it's a big spoiler that is relevant later on.

Yeah, it's a conversation that was omitted from the show. Because it wasn't used there, I have a feeling that it won't be used at all, but really I have no idea.

I'm not sure I see it being relevant beyond being a driving force for Tyrion's motivations, but with two books still unreleased there's no way to be sure.

Another thing that I thought might be worth mentioning, just 'cause. Bran's absolutely fantastic scene has kind of reminded me how much I really love the aesthetic of the far north as described in the book, which unfortunately (but also very understandably) doesn't always make it to TV. Spoilers for last night:

Spoiler
Three-Eyed Crow (Three-Eyed Raven in the show):

Leaf (the Child of the Forest shown):

Even the Black Gate that Bran and company used to pass through to the Wall last season:

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed