Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 155,052 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This could very well be set in the world of the other films. In fact, it probably is.

I hate the word reboot. It has so many definitions and every time it's used it's all people cling to.

A reboot can exist in-continuity, it can be a spinoff, it can ignore just certain parts of a series, it can ignore everything and be a complete remake, it can be completely ambiguous on the matter, it can be a new adaptation...

The word doesn't even phase me anymore. I don't understand why some people get so hung up on it.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 28, 2015, 02:37:53 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jan 28, 2015, 02:36:25 PM
Just try to see this as a spin-off and everything will be OK.
This could very well be set in the world of the other films. In fact, it probably is.

I hate the word reboot. It has so many definitions and every time it's used it's all people cling to.

A reboot can exist in-continuity, it can be a spinoff, it can ignore just certain parts of a series, it can ignore everything and be a complete remake, it can be completely ambiguous on the matter, it can be a new adaptation...

The word doesn't even phase me anymore. I don't understand why some people get so hung up on it.
Let's call this a relaunch.

Reboots can and often do exist in the same ubniverse as the originals, but i think it's pretty safe to say that Sony don't want to do that.

QuoteLeaked emails from the Sony hack hinted at this casting. As The Daily Beast reported, Sony chief Amy Pascal sent Ivan Reitman, director/producer of the original Ghostbusters franchise, her own bit of dream casting, saying that she was "hearing" that Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Schumer, and Lizzy Kaplan were interested in starring in it.

In another email, Feig starts spitballing ideas for the movie, which he assumed would address Pascal's insistence that the reboot be "totally original with completely different characters" but still connected to the original franchise in a "clever way."

I don't think "clever way" means "same universe"

Quote(SPOILERS are below, assuming any of these ideas make it into a final script.)

Feig said that this reboot would unequivocally not be a sequel, and that the humans wouldn't be afraid of ghosts at the start of the film because they haven't encountered them yet. He also said the villain would be a convicted murderer—hopefully played by Peter Dinklage—who turns into a ghost during a botched execution. (Morbid! Love it!) This apparently will give Dinklage's character the power to raise an army of ghost villains, which could be famous people throughout history.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/27/the-epic-all-female-ghostbusters-cast-chosen-kristen-wiig-melissa-mccarthy-kate-mckinnon-and-leslie-jones.html

doesn't sound like either Pascal or Feig want it to be in the same universe at all. you would have thought that if it was the same universe, everyone would know ghosts exist.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 28, 2015, 02:52:23 PM

That's just as vague.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 28, 2015, 03:13:07 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jan 28, 2015, 02:52:23 PM

That's just as vague.

Mmmh, Relaunch = Basically, new material?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

McCarthy kills it for me. Kristen Wigg is the only good thing about this announcement.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Crazy Rich

Hubbs

Hubbs

So the original movie was about four blokes...

So lets remake this and make it with...four women! or does that sound too stupid?

Genius! the perfect gimmick, everyone will love that...how could it go wrong?!

What if everyone doesn't like it?

Meh we'll just do it anyway, cram enough CGI in there and someone will like it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It does seem cheesy as hell but to be honest they should have gone with 3 black female leads and then brought in the white chick half way through as homage to the first movie.

Hubbs

Vertigo

Vertigo

I'd be fine with an all-female cast if they were great comedians and/or the writers had good pedigree. But like Kaname said, Kristen Wiig is the only talent involved with proven chops. I'll be surprised if it's watchable, let alone good.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: Hubbs on Jan 29, 2015, 04:59:43 AM
So the original movie was about four blokes...

So lets remake this and make it with...four women! or does that sound too stupid?

Genius! the perfect gimmick, everyone will love that...how could it go wrong?!

What if everyone doesn't like it?

Meh we'll just do it anyway, cram enough CGI in there and someone will like it.

I fricking agree with you in most movie opinions.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Give it up Aykroyd, this disaster hasn't even be finalised yet, we don't need sequels already. And sequels to the original franchise? yeah right...hows that gonna work? We have this pending failure all because you couldn't get a sequel to the original franchise sorted.

http://theinterrobang.com/dan-aykroyd-gives-clues-new-ghostbusters-reveals-plans-another-sequel-already-works/

MudButt

MudButt

Russo Brothers To Helm Male-Led GHOSTBUSTERS Movie From IRON MAN 3 Writer

QuoteSome longtime Ghostbusters fans weren't sure how to feel when it was revealed that Paul Feig would be helming a female-led reboot of the franchise, but it turns out that that movie is just the tip of the iceberg. Sony are setting up a new production company - "Ghost Corps" - which will include Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd to create a whole new series of Ghostbusters movies. The first of these has scored some major talent, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo set to direct and produce, while Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Mission: Impossible 5) will write. Meanwhile, Channing Tatum will produce and star if all goes to plan.

"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," Reitman tells Deadline. "This is a branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig's film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July, 2016. He's got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers' next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following hear. It's just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies." Feig's movie comes first and will star Kristen Wiig. Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=116423

Well that is just awesome  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed