Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Jun 11, 2012, 02:37:46 AM

Author
Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info) (Read 41,621 times)

NGR01

Because it will be the REAL movie that Scott wanted to do instead of the hacked version he accepted to deliver to Fox.
Don't think it will save some of the worst stuff Lindelof came up withbut i think it will be more watchable than the theatrical cut.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 11, 2012, 04:17:53 PM
Because it will be the REAL movie that Scott wanted to do instead of the hacked version he accepted to deliver to Fox.

He says the exact opposite, at length, in that Collider interview.  Ridley is a businessman who made a calculation for length and what he felt worked better.  He chose to cut it down, and he claims he won't be restoring the fight with the Engineer to the longer cut.  Whether or not I agree sight unseen is one thing, but Ridley Scott's motives, as stated, are pretty clear.  We can agree or disagree as we like, but watch the interview and then tell me, 'oh, Fox made him do it, Lindelof made him do it.'  No one's made Ridley Scott do anything here.  He was in control of this film - if you like it or hate it, take it up with Ridley Scott.

QuoteDon't think it will save some of the worst stuff Lindelof came up withbut i think it will be more watchable than the theatrical cut.

Again, Scott came up with that stuff with Lindelof.  He chose to move the film away from the old stuff (which the audience I was with was pleased about, vs the Spaihts draft) and was very involved in the writing process.

mastermoon

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 11, 2012, 04:17:53 PM
Don't think it will save some of the worst stuff Lindelof came up withbut i think it will be more watchable than the theatrical cut.

Maybe this time the extended version can have better reviews and I hope we get that directors cut in a couple of months upon it's release :).

SpeedyMaxx

More unanimous reviews on the site, perhaps, since the fandom is divided.  But the public reaction seems to have gone fairly well, and the film is a success.

skeewhiff

Someone asked for it ealier, Fifield Alien.  This is based on a web image search not any knowledge of the Art Book.

Spoiler
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

I like it, myself.

But it would've been laughed off the Internet in action.  Particularly with the frowny face.  I would've preferred something that split the difference between the human-esque mutant in the film and something becoming even more alien.  I think they hedged on the side of caution in terms of what the audience would laugh at.  But mostly I think the thing in the film is fine - just not seen enough.

echobbase79

Quote from: skeewhiff on Jun 11, 2012, 06:03:21 PM
Someone asked for it ealier, Fifield Alien.  This is based on a web image search not any knowledge of the Art Book.

Spoiler
[close]

I was the one that asked. Thanks for posting. :)

I actually like that better than what we got. To me that's creepier.

carnotaurus1350

The movie needs the extended cut, I loved it but it certainly had a few things that need ironed out.. I dont think the cut will take care of all of it, but it should help things quite a bit. Im fine with all the big mysteries, I just hope things get tightened up a bit.

Ooze on First

I just hope that most of the cut scenes will be incorporated back into the film and not thrown onto 'Disc 2' under 'Deleted Scenes'.

Gazz

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 11, 2012, 10:24:48 AM
never said it was a bad thing.

The poster you quoted did. It was that I was reacting to and not your following post.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 11, 2012, 06:59:41 PM
I just hope that most of the cut scenes will be incorporated back into the film and not thrown onto 'Disc 2' under 'Deleted Scenes'.

I couldn't agree more.  I don't want to have to rely on some fan edit.  I want an official extended cut.

jpierpoint

One of the feelings I had after watching the film was that it was edited down too much, with insufficient time given to some characters's development.  Based on that, I am looking forward to the extended cut/extra footage/deleted scenes.

In particular, the idea (earlier in this thread) that the TED talk should be woven in is excellent.  I lapped up ALL the virals and ads so didn't go into the film fresh, but i see how someone who hadn't seen the TED talk would have a less than accurate view of Weyland.

Without wanting to offend anyone, I do think that the criticism of Scott regarding the shorter run time is a little bit naive.  It's show *business* people and the institutions that put up the cash to make these films want to see a return on their investment, especially in this economy.  And of course Ridley is going to talk up the film - he's not going to bite the hand that feeds.  I would venture that (in his words) being "user friendly" means that he can get things in return - quid pro quo, Clarice.

PROM3TH3US

I wonder if we will be getting one of this scene.

Sharp Sticks

We did get that scene, that was the Weyland hologram.

szkoki

Quote from: skeewhiff on Jun 11, 2012, 06:03:21 PM

Spoiler
[close]

i would luv that!!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed