Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 62,512 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My problem with the Berserkers was that they're all offed relatively easily. If they'd have had one single Berserker who went through everything they all did - blown up and slashed up and then make it through a fight with Classic, they might have actually come across as badass.

Master

Master

That's the problem with multiple Predator scenario. Either they die to easily, or doesn't do enough.

Funny thing with Predators is, those things that were ridiculed the most, like hounds and falcon were the best.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

So the rumored plot is potentially true then? Along with the Predator 2.0?

God, I am TRYING so hard not to look like the bad guy by just ranting.. I mean I haven't said anything bad about the movie!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The predators are an advance intergalactic race of intelligent beings. So I can buy a Pred that's on the juice and genome. In Cuba eh, guess we might  get to see a predator on a motorbike yet.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Dont you miss the days when predators were alien hunters.Keep it simple.It worked.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2017, 08:30:19 PM
My problem with the Berserkers was that they're all offed relatively easily. If they'd have had one single Berserker who went through everything they all did - blown up and slashed up and then make it through a fight with Classic, they might have actually come across as badass.

I tend to think of the berserkers as just standard predators but of a different ethnicity to the ones we are used to. When viewing that film I don't interperste anything shown to indicate they are superior to to the standard.

Of course, we had Nolan say that the bigger ones hunt the smaller ones. Again. Does not make them Superior. There are human ethnicities that tend to be physically smaller on a whole than others but the larger ones are not Superior.

Sure. We see one kill a standard Predator but how long had Classic been hanging?  He was likely malnuritied and tired. Beaten and weak. He even put up a decent fight.

When I ignore the super predator comments I enjoy those three 'Beserkers' and the film, more. They were not more badass and didn't need to be.

Lol shame that that was the intent though.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Master on Feb 11, 2017, 12:33:36 PM
I don't understand what's so hard in finding the middle ground.  Either sequels are "going back to the roots" giving us same old film, only worse and dumbed down (ep VII, Ps, JW) or "Innovative sequel/reboot" where the franchise is hardly recognisable anymore (Prometheus, Robocop, Total Recall ). I want normal sequel! The one that expands on earlier material,  not trying to reinvent it. Too much?

Exactly, like Predator 2 did. All you got to do is take a traditional (Winston) Predator, give him some new toys, throw him in a different situation (past, present, or future), and let him kick ass. It so easy, yet they constantly f*ck it up.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 11, 2017, 10:30:29 PM
The predators are an advance intergalactic race of intelligent beings. So I can buy a Pred that's on the juice and genome.

Sure, they're advance but then the question always pops in my head: "Why would they want to?"

I mean they're pretty intelligent, they're very strong, fast enough to outmatch even the finest human athlete and make them look pale in comparison. They're like an enhanced Captain America. They're formidable enough as it is.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 11, 2017, 11:39:51 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 11, 2017, 10:30:29 PM
The predators are an advance intergalactic race of intelligent beings. So I can buy a Pred that's on the juice and genome.

Sure, they're advance but then the question always pops in my head: "Why would they want to?"

I mean they're pretty intelligent, they're very strong, fast enough to outmatch even the finest human athlete and make them look pale in comparison. They're like an enhanced Captain America. They're formidable enough as it is.
Perhaps because we're just a warm up to the real big hunting game to be had out in the universe? Hell maybe they fight to build themselves up. Like how humans workout their muscles they can also work up their skeletal system too. Just throwing it out there.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 12, 2017, 01:15:37 AM
Perhaps because we're just a warm up to the real big hunting game to be had out in the universe? Hell maybe they fight to build themselves up. Like how humans workout their muscles they can also work up their skeletal system too. Just throwing it out there.

But there are other ways around to competing against more dangerous prey. I mean developing new tech would be a major example, and absolutely without question I could see them doing. Hell, the new EU even uses this idea which I can say I happy agree with.

The whole idea of a genetically engineered Predator-- I mean if Predators are doing this to themselves, well... to me it makes me seem more like sore losers than anything else. I know that they die in the hunt, it's expected, and for them to do that is something I disagree with.

I get what you're saying WhiteRabbit, and I also believe that Predators do workout as well (and it's likely that they HAVE to considering their life style) but this just... I don't know. If this whole rumor is true, I'm not feeling it. Hopefully, this won't be the case, and maybe instead we'll see an Elite Predator, with advanced gear and weapons which aren't seen in normal Hunts, but instead meant for something more without having to do this bigger, badder nonsense.

And if it is the case.. well.. I'm hoping that it's something that the humans created, like an engineered clone or something-- not something which the Predators had a hand in.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Master on Feb 11, 2017, 09:43:50 PM
That's the problem with multiple Predator scenario. Either they die to easily, or doesn't do enough.
Exactly, sometimes less is more.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 12, 2017, 01:38:39 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 12, 2017, 01:15:37 AM

But there are other ways around to competing against more dangerous prey. I mean developing new tech would be a major example, and absolutely without question I could see them doing. Hell, the new EU even uses this idea which I can say I happy agree with.

The whole idea of a genetically engineered Predator-- I mean if Predators are doing this to themselves, well... to me it makes me seem more like sore losers than anything else. I know that they die in the hunt, it's expected, and for them to do that is something I disagree with.

I get what you're saying WhiteRabbit, and I also believe that Predators do workout as well (and it's likely that they HAVE to considering their life style) but this just... I don't know. If this whole rumor is true, I'm not feeling it. Hopefully, this won't be the case, and maybe instead we'll see an Elite Predator, with advanced gear and weapons which aren't seen in normal Hunts, but instead meant for something more without having to do this bigger, badder nonsense.

And if it is the case.. well.. I'm hoping that it's something that the humans created, like an engineered clone or something-- not something which the Predators had a hand in.

I'm hoping the same thing. This Predator 2.0 should be an abomination, like a predalien is. Perhaps we are getting Wolf 2.0 in the standard predator. He is on earth to recover the damaged tech and the predator who lost the tech and crashed the ship is this 10 foot predator.

Master

Master

Humans creating human-predator hybrid on today earth?  :D :D :D :D :D What's next? Anti-predator Godzilla?

Seriously,  human/predator action done right, is exactly what we need.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I don't know what to say. Still interested tho.

Infected

Infected

Sounds interesting, and now we can look forward to an MMA match between an engineer and predator 2.0, because they are the same size now.
;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed