Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 62,512 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kellvin_Chavez/status/830228556470943744     

Quoteguess it was true, but that's what we're about telling the truth

*Added actual quote. Hicks.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Confusing. So he's all "about telling the truth" but he reported something that he's "guessing" was true after they demanded it be taken down? Sounds contradictory lol

I'm thinking the report could have partial truth but who knows what changes have been made since the source found anything. This doesn't seem like an "official" character description: "Basically the Amy Adams character from Arrival in the Predator universe," so I'm betting the report may be a bit off or exaggerated.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 11:43:29 AM
Speak for yourself, i thought JW was the movie of 2015, we finally got a fully functional Park and the sense of excitement and wonder of the dinos themselfes again. The raptors were real characters this time. I loved every second of this movie, i really do, popcorn cinema at it's finest.

I agree that we don't need a bigger version of the Predator, a normal one is good enough for me, but if that means we get something we havent seen before and maybe get some more infos about the Predators themselfes i'm open to the idea.

But as Fred Dekker already said, the fans have their Shurikens sharpened, there is no pleasing anyone, the fan community as a whole is so divergent as to what the Predator should be, what the story should be about, who should be cast etc. I just want a good movie, with smart dialogue, likable characters, new stuff to discover... and if that means there is a new kind of Predator in this movie then so it might be, it's not a dealbreaker for me. There is a talent in this community to expect the worst of the worst everytime the filmmakers even dare to think of something we havent seen at least a hundred times before. Yet, they will buy every action figure where the Predator has 10 arms and three heads.

I feel like this movie is being done for people like me, who really want to take a risk, get out of it's comfort zone with this franchise, because as of right now, it was in a f**king loop and i actually want them to get crazy with this. That's what was so disapointing with the Rodriguez one, they said it's going to be bold and new and i was all fired up... and then came the cheapo version of the first movie. No.. NO, not this time and i'm so f**king glad. This franchise needs balls again.

Ahh, I like you more and more Johnny. Articulating many things I think to be true. Jurassic World was indeed great and Predators was the cheap version of the original.

You must remember though. This is a masochistic fanbase that enjoys creating worry in their minds. Out of something that isn't there. Testing screenings for Covenant??? Oh no the movie is terrible! Multiple fx companies working on Covenant?? This isn't normal, oh no we're screwed!!!

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 11, 2017, 04:13:42 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 11:43:29 AM
Speak for yourself, i thought JW was the movie of 2015, we finally got a fully functional Park and the sense of excitement and wonder of the dinos themselfes again. The raptors were real characters this time. I loved every second of this movie, i really do, popcorn cinema at it's finest.

I agree that we don't need a bigger version of the Predator, a normal one is good enough for me, but if that means we get something we havent seen before and maybe get some more infos about the Predators themselfes i'm open to the idea.

But as Fred Dekker already said, the fans have their Shurikens sharpened, there is no pleasing anyone, the fan community as a whole is so divergent as to what the Predator should be, what the story should be about, who should be cast etc. I just want a good movie, with smart dialogue, likable characters, new stuff to discover... and if that means there is a new kind of Predator in this movie then so it might be, it's not a dealbreaker for me. There is a talent in this community to expect the worst of the worst everytime the filmmakers even dare to think of something we havent seen at least a hundred times before. Yet, they will buy every action figure where the Predator has 10 arms and three heads.

I feel like this movie is being done for people like me, who really want to take a risk, get out of it's comfort zone with this franchise, because as of right now, it was in a f**king loop and i actually want them to get crazy with this. That's what was so disapointing with the Rodriguez one, they said it's going to be bold and new and i was all fired up... and then came the cheapo version of the first movie. No.. NO, not this time and i'm so f**king glad. This franchise needs balls again.

Ahh, I like you more and more Johnny. Articulating many things I think to be true. Jurassic World was indeed great and Predators was the cheap version of the original.

You must remember though. This is a masochistic fanbase that enjoys creating worry in their minds. Out of something that isn't there. Testing screenings for Covenant??? Oh no the movie is terrible! Multiple fx companies working on Covenant?? This isn't normal, oh no we're screwed!!!

Starting again are we, now what did Hicks warn you about??

Master

Master

Some will never learn. What's up Bishop, how is Zac Efron doing? Ready for the role?

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 11, 2017, 03:08:07 PM
     https://mobile.twitter.com/Kellvin_Chavez/status/830228556470943744     

Great - so Super Predator v2.0 was all true then...

Still hoping it was just bad wording by the reporter....

Master

Master

I have the theory, dumbest ideas ale always most true.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Master on Feb 11, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

Some of the best movies sound ridiculous on paper. See back to the future. It's never about the content. It's about execution of said content.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You may have noticed we haven't frontpaged this yet. We couldn't decide whether or not this was legit. I've just been checking over with some of my own avenues and I believe this to be legit information but possibly from an older draft.

Master

Master

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 11, 2017, 06:30:49 PM

Some of the best movies sound ridiculous on paper. See back to the future. It's never about the content. It's about execution of said content.

I think you're right.  The problem is,  it seems the studio haven't learned anything from Predators. Creature from monster movie is as good as it's performance. You can't,  especially in established franchise, just tell audience their new monster is better. They must see that it is. I can't poseibly imagine what 10 ft uberpredator can do, to overdo Jungle Hunter. They tried it last time, it failed.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Master on Feb 11, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

I think you're right.  The problem is,  it seems the studio haven't learned anything from Predators. Creature from monster movie is as good as it's performance. You can't,  especially in established franchise, just tell audience their new monster is better. They must see that it is. I can't poseibly imagine what 10 ft uberpredator can do, to overdo Jungle Hunter. They tried it last time, it failed.

Exactly.Cheerleaders gonna cheer...

goose_3387

goose_3387

Maybe Predators would have been more enjoyable if Rodriguez hadn't have raved on about how his Super Preds were better than the originals. He failed in the execution.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Predators was also done on the quick and on the cheap. The Predator seems to be getting a lot of extra time, care and money. We'll see how Black pulls it off. I'm told that the script is actually great. Very Shane Black.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2017, 07:50:35 PM
Predators was also done on the quick and on the cheap. The Predator seems to be getting a lot of extra time, care and money. We'll see how Black pulls it off. I'm told that the script is actually great. Very Shane Black.

In regards to a rough timeline breakdown of pre production/filming/post production how would you expect The Predator to look compared to Predators?

Master

Master

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 11, 2017, 07:46:10 PM

Maybe Predators would have been more enjoyable if Rodriguez hadn't have raved on about how his Super Preds were better than the originals. He failed in the execution.

Not only he raved about it, he also had his SP kill OP, just to show it. It never works and is disliked by fans, see JP3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed