The Predator to begin filming by October!

Started by Darkoo, May 07, 2016, 04:38:26 AM

Author
The Predator to begin filming by October! (Read 29,917 times)

predfan65

Quote from: bloodinthemud on May 16, 2016, 02:56:55 AM
What's shanblack doing after predator?

The rock just said on instagram he's doing a film in 2017 with shane black... It's not predator is it?
Imdb isn't showing black doing anything but the predator. The rock is a busy guy. It shows three movies for 2017. No predator. Yet?

Doggo33

"I don't really think you understand what fan-Service really means, so we disagree."

- No. Funnily enough, I meant what I said. Fan service is not simply doing something that pleases fans. As I said, that is just good writing. Fan service is where there's no reason besides pleasing the fans for doing something (i.e. unnecessary cameo's).

"You talk about bringing beloved characters back was necessary in Star Wars because they build a Story around them, but in The Predator it isn't? How do you even know that?"

- It wouldn't be fan service for Dutch to be written back into the story (as in, not an unnecessary cameo), although I'm not really keen on that idea (fan service aside) because I'd rather younger, better actors came in instead; Arnold Schwarzenegger is not a particularly good actor. But regarding fan service, were Arnold to be in the movie, I can't possibly imagine the creators of the film would be able to help but put fan service in (such as repeated lines). the

"Fan Service can be both necessary and unnecessary, it always depends on how the writer involves certain characters and how they build them into the Story. Just because it makes sense that a returning character is back on Screen doesn't make it any less of a fan Service, it just makes it well made fan service."

- I get what you're saying but that starts to blur a line quite a bit and I think when people talk about fan service, they are just talking about the negative kind.

"There are better and younger actors than Mark Hammilton and Harrison Ford, what does that have to do with anything?"

- I've already said, the 'Star Wars' universe has built itself around those characters. Dutch was a one time protagonist that does not require further exploring in the same universe. If 'Star Wars' continued this new trilogy without Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, people would be questioning where they are.

And like i said, you say the return of Dutch will make no sense, yet we know literally nothing about the Story. What is if he will be a integral part or a missing link in the story?"

- I didn't say it won't make sense. I said it's unnecessary and won't make the best 'Predator' film possible.

"We can only specualte, yet you want to make it a fact that Dutch will be a waste yet the movies i mentioned, namely Star Wars, Jurassic World etc. clearly Show that you can have fan Service and have it be part of a storyline that will explain in a pleasing way to the audience why the character is there on Screen."

- I've already explained why the comparison there doesn't work. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and the Tyrannosaurus Rex are integral parts of their franchises.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed