OD (Kojima Productions)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 25, 2021, 10:17:36 PM

Author
OD (Kojima Productions) (Read 2,630 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1319201597117718528

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1375185349710843905

I absolutely adored Death Stranding, so sign me up for whatever this winds up being. 8)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The bones of Death Stranding were good, the story was the kind of crazy wild emotionally biting shit I love, but as a game it was only so so.

I rate DS only high at all because of the story, but that is really it. 

Hope this one is more polished as a game, to me both MGS V and Death Stranding lacked something.  They didn't feel completely finished.  Big worlds with hardly anything in them, though you could argue Death Stranding was by design. 

Nightmare Asylum

I can't speak for MGS, since I've never touched that franchise. P.T. was my entry point for Kojima, and then Death Stranding.

I definitely get those complaints about Death Stranding's gameplay, though for me, I found myself captivated by the expansive emptiness of its world and the way the rolling environments dictated the particulars of the movement mechanics and in the ~40 hours it took me to complete the game, I never felt it losing steam or grating on me. In fact, the itch to replay has been steadily increasing lately. And the story was very much my shit.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I haven't played it since the initial release, but I only truthfully remember one chapter being bad.  But it was super long and I remember it being hardly any story. 

Everybody should play MGS series.  Some of the best moments in gaming are within that franchise, even the unfinished MGSV. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2021, 01:08:40 AM
I haven't played it since the initial release, but I only truthfully remember one chapter being bad.  But it was super long and I remember it being hardly any story. 

Chapter 3, I imagine? I think that one alone was roughly twelve hours or so of my forty hours of playtime. :D

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2021, 01:08:40 AM
Everybody should play MGS series.  Some of the best moments in gaming are within that franchise, even the unfinished MGSV. 

I intend to remedy that very soon.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

For sure make sure you play MGS (I always prefer the original PS one) and MGS 3.

You can cliff note the others, but those two are pretty awesome.  However to fully appreciate all the callbacks and references you have to play them all. 

Stitch

Stitch

Maybe it'll be the rumoured Silent Hill game that was cancelled... :o

I should finish Death Stranding. Or continue it at least. The sheer number of cutscenes in the first 2 hours kinda wore me out.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It gets to a point where there is very little story for awhile and its more focused on the gameplay mechanics of navigating your way through the US and relying on or helping other people. 

Then there is one particular kind of not exactly midpoint scene that kept me into it and then came both (three?) endings where there are some of the best acting in a videogame ever.  Truly top notch stuff.  Both of the boss fights with Higgs are very much MGS inspired.  I would argue that they worked better if you had played MG series first.  But if you haven't it will be easy to see the inspiration once you get into MGS3 and MGS4 territory. 

I honestly wonder if it would have been better as an anime.  Still, Kojima should get props for just trying something different. 

It is kind of odd though that the game reminded me most of ruck marching in the Army.  Put on a ruck and just haul ass from point a to point b.  There is no other game in existence that has recalled those particular life experiences other than DS.  I think because they do a good job with the weight physics and how it affects Sam's movements.  Other games have a pack on their character lots of times but there is no sense of weight.

This isnt a good thing or a bad thing, rucking sucks in real life, but it is the only game that has made me think of it.

future_Tarzan³

This is exciting !

Here hoping there will be a PC release, chances are good as he's talked about having affecting for the platform in general.

[cancerblack]

How is a banned person posting? How do I learn such power?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 29, 2021, 06:45:41 AM
How is a banned person posting? How do I learn such power?

Couldn't say. I thought Baron was banned forever, and then he just reappeared.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Was wondering the exact same thing.

PredatorvsAliens

am i the only one who thinks kojima is so overrated ?

Kimarhi

He's an acquired taste.

The Mr. Pibb of vidya.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed