LV-426?

Started by arachnophilia, Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:03 AM

Author
LV-426? (Read 34,955 times)

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:50:13 AMSure the appendages of the ship"s" are clearly different between the Teaser and the Trailer but the shot/scene seems to be the same.

i mean between alien and prometheus, the ship is slightly different. might be due to design changes between films, not intentional differences. hard to say at this point.

Quote from: Eva on Mar 20, 2012, 12:57:41 AMYeah, remember Ashs rundown of the LV-426 characteristics in Alien - deep cold, methane atmosphere or something like it.

What kind of terraformers would the engineers be, if they make the worlds more hostile to lifeforms than they were to begin with?

maybe that's what's hospitable to them. maybe the u-ships are mobile terraforming plants. i really doubt it though, as they'd already been on this planet, and they seem very much like us. maybe their temple is terraforming, and the prometheus crew turns it off or destroys it? i don't think any of this is the case, but i'm trying to be honest in the possibility it COULD be LV-426.

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 20, 2012, 01:06:50 AMRidley Scott just made an announcement that this movie takes place on LV-425!  :o

where?

Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 20, 2012, 01:13:06 AMI think it should be on lv-426 so we can connect the alien and Prometheus isn't that what we want because why have aliens if it doesn't connect with alien

ridley scott has said a couple of times that they DON'T connect.

Quote from: zuzuki on Mar 20, 2012, 01:09:51 AM
How about the classic explanation for: THESE ARE DIFFERENT SHIPS?
The ship in ALIEN had different walls in the jockey room,different design. The platform on wich the space jockey sits is also different than the one in PROMETHEUS.
Oh and lindelof said this wasn't lv-426. I don't understand why this things keep being debated

did lindelof say it wasn't LV-426? do you have a source? i was pretty positive i'd heard it wasn't, but everybody lately has been so sure it is. i just wanted to know what changed, and why people thought that. i'm willing to let design differences account for the difference in the ships, but that doesn't mean anything one way or the other.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 20, 2012, 01:23:05 AM
Isn't "Gas Giant" Zeta 2 Reticuli?

Also, those pictures could be on the same planet. One in daytime one at nighttime?

Zeta 2 Reticuli is the star - the gas giant was never identified by name in the film.

What we saw in Alien was 'daytime' - Ash specifically said that the sun was just about to rise before they went out.

The light looks very different when comparing surface shots of LV-426 and the planet in Prometheus.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Ridley Scott wants us to think different they are connected one way or another the end of the movie is going to tell us how it all goes togeather if the whole movie is different and it will be the end of the movie should connect them it would be awesome if they did that

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 20, 2012, 01:33:48 AM
Ridley Scott wants us to think different they are connected one way or another the end of the movie is going to tell us how it all goes togeather if the whole movie is different and it will be the end of the movie should connect them it would be awesome if they did that

It's not going to be LV-426. The connection will be something "for the fans" but something that also works on it's own. So it will not be something that requires you to know ALIEN. It's pure fan wankery to think the end is going to be that deeply connected, that the general audience will have to reference another movie to get the "full" power of the end.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2012, 01:35:29 AM
Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 20, 2012, 01:33:48 AM

It's not going to be LV-426. The connection will be something "for the fans" but something that also works on it's own. So it will not be something that requires you to know ALIEN. It's pure fan wankery to think the end is going to be that deeply connected, that the general audience will have to reference another movie to get the "full" power of the end.

Yes I would love the movie to go into its own terms and be awesome and if the ending is for fans it should be mind blowing I have no dought this movie will rock

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2012, 01:35:29 AMIt's not going to be LV-426. The connection will be something "for the fans" but something that also works on it's own. So it will not be something that requires you to know ALIEN. It's pure fan wankery to think the end is going to be that deeply connected, that the general audience will have to reference another movie to get the "full" power of the end.

personally, i'd walk out of the theater angry if it was deeply connected. anybody read that faked "alien harvest" script falsely attributed to spaihts? where it all ties in directly with alien down to like, minutes before the nostromo shows up? it's contrived and horrible and reads like fan fiction.

i think ridley scott has said a couple of times he doesn't want to make a movie that's limited by where it has to go to set up another movie.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

It goes it's own way but tells us the connection not deeply but enough and goes its own way I don't want it to go into alien time line I want just a hint that's all

Hudson

Hudson

Quotei think ridley scott has said a couple of times he doesn't want to make a movie that's limited by where it has to go to set up another movie.

He shouldn't be f**king around with prequels then.  :P

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 20, 2012, 01:44:58 AM
Quotei think ridley scott has said a couple of times he doesn't want to make a movie that's limited by where it has to go to set up another movie.

It's going to be connected if not I will be a little mad it's a prqual but it goes it's own way

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 20, 2012, 01:44:58 AM

he said a couple of times that he isn't.

Face Jockey

Face Jockey

We can clearly see in the trailer that the Prometheus crashes into a Jockey ship. The Jockey ship crashes on a flat plain with a ground that opens up, seemingly near to a pyramid.

In Alien, there is no sign of a wrecked Prometheus, or a pyramid, or the flat open area where the Jockey ship crash lands in the Prometheus trailer. Both the original derelict and the Prometheus Jockey ship could indeed be on the same moon in different locations with some sort of explanation for the differences in atmospheric conditions, but it seems pretty clear that they are different ships. Clearly there is a significance for why the two Jockey ships are on or near the same moon or else the story would have just placed things in a different system altogether.

SM

SM

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Mar 20, 2012, 01:20:42 AM
However, it is possible that it's another moon orbiting the gas giant. There were two others.

That background plate is flipped and used again while on the surface indicating - if one wanted to be literal - either the circled planet isn't LV-426, or there's another moon obscured by the planet.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2012, 01:57:06 AM
However, it is possible that it's another moon orbiting the gas giant. There were two others.

That background plate is flipped and used again while on the surface indicating - if one wanted to be literal - either the circled planet isn't LV-426, or there's another moon obscured by the planet.

someone on arstechnica points out that there's a large ringed gas giant in the sky of the moon prometheus sets down on.

SM

SM

Considering we have four ringed gas giants in our own system, rings seem to be the rule rather than the exception.  ;D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2012, 01:57:06 AM

Also, note how big the planet appears from space, yet notice how much smaller it is as seen from LV-426. For LV-426 to be any of the moons seen in the space shots, the planet would appear so large as to fill most of the sky. Since it's smaller than what we see in the space shots, LV-426 would have to be very far away from the planet--much further than any of the visible moons are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed