How Far Into The Future

Started by No Tail, Jan 28, 2007, 05:39:17 PM

Author
How Far Into The Future (Read 2,744 times)

No Tail

No Tail

I'm new here ;D to the forums, and I thought I'd start off with a very interesting topic.  How far into the future should AVP be set.  Although I like the idea of it being in the future, I don't want it to be in the time of aliens, but very close.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd love for AvP3 to be set after Aliens. Colonial Marines and more advanced Predators! :P

Darkness

Darkness

I'd like it to have marines in but I don't know how an AvP movie would fit into the alien timeline.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Stupid Alien Resurrection. I suppose, if they made it an isolated incident on some far off world where word of it never reached Earth.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

You could set it up post-res. Since they lost all the DNA they had of the aliens, they search for the aliens on other planets, or stuble upon them or whatever, throw in some preds, some marines or whatever military you wanna use. AvP in the future.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

i would love to see the movie be set in an outter space with the futurestic marines with hitech weapons and well see wah the predators can offer as far as tech on  there weapons....

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: XxSaNdMaNxX on Jan 28, 2007, 07:37:02 PM
see wah the predators can offer as far as tech on  there weapons....

Im betting thats a reason we havent seen preds in a future setting yet, its hard to come up with new weapons for them

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 28, 2007, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: XxSaNdMaNxX on Jan 28, 2007, 07:37:02 PM
see wah the predators can offer as far as tech on  there weapons....

Im betting thats a reason we havent seen preds in a future setting yet, its hard to come up with new weapons for them

aye, how much more advanced can you get, and still have it reasonable?  Afterall, even Superman is hurt by plasma blasts lol.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

well iof u think about UUHHHH considering the preds hitech stuff i they should ALOT more to offer....

SM

SM

If it's in the future it has to be isolated so it doesn't impact on the existing continuity (not that it stopped Anderson...) or make it post Resurrection.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd be willing to go for a post-Res story, just for the creative freedom it offers TPTB.

No Tail

No Tail

Well I came up with this story for AVP3, tell me what you think.

It's 2122 and the Predators have, as we know, furthered their technology.  Ever since 1987, they've been conducting this "experiment".  On Earth a team of scientist have discovered a new planet, being in the future, the scientist decide to take a trip to the planet.  Little do they know for over 100 years the Predators have been sending mass to this area to create this planet.  The Predators also captured 4 queens and sent them to the planet.  When the scientist get there they find the planet to be somewhat like Earth, but bigger.  After a few days, things begin to go haywire,  their ship breaks down, the Predators arrive for the ultimate battle.  Within this war, the humans must fix their ship and leave the planet before it's too late.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: XxSaNdMaNxX on Jan 28, 2007, 08:31:54 PM
well iof u think about UUHHHH considering the preds hitech stuff i they should ALOT more to offer....

It is not that I do not think they have a lot more to offer, it is just what more can be used to have a sporting hunt? Obviously if they can manipulate electromagnetic fields, they can generate all sorts of sheilding, but that would not be sporting.  Also, I am sure they could use very, very rapid fire plasma cannons, but that would not be sporting either.  Cleary they have a deeper understanding of gravity and various other physical phenomena that could be used for weapons/defenses etc. but that would not be sporting.

Any advances revealed in the movies would have to be mostly based around the vision modes; armour or gravity membranes, etc. I think, or perhaps sheilding but that would have to be used VERY sparingly

Their purpose for hunting humans is sport.  Anything more than what they are currently using would be severe overkill for the hunt.

Right now the balance is akin to a human hunting a lion with a single or double shot rifle, and perhaps an encore pistol.  Lions still take plenty of humans down with them...

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

Agreed ^^^^^^^

SM

SM

QuoteAnything more than what they are currently using would be severe overkill for the hunt.

So firing computer targeted energy weapons that blow massive holes in the prey - while cloaked no less - doesn't qualify as overkill?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed