Alternate endings or story lines

Started by Winkie Bear, Jun 01, 2012, 07:28:19 PM

Author
Alternate endings or story lines (Read 4,746 times)

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Okay, there have been mixed feelings about how the movie closes. No spoilers, if you've seen it you know what I mean.

So, how about people suggest alternatives?

Here's one

Spoiler

David sets a course in the second juggernaut, and then Shaw turns round and says, "You, you little shit head, you're staying here" with a wink to the camera, picks him up and goes to drop-kick him out of the ship. David rolls his eyes and say, "Get in the f**king chair woman" whilst blowing upward to adjust his quiff.

Do you see what I did? Shit head? Cos he's a head...

Sigh
[close]

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Spoiler
Vickers climbs out from under the wreckage of the Juggernaut, oozing white blood, laughing like Ming The Merciless.  The End?
[close]

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 01, 2012, 07:33:25 PM
Spoiler
Vickers climbs out from under the wreckage of the Juggernaut, oozing white blood, laughing like Ming The Merciless.  The End?
[close]

That would be so freaking awesome !!

Spoiler
Vickers dying was such a shame. I thought it would be really interesting so see someone from the company survive this time. And her relationship with david was quite interesting tbh.
[close]

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

It may have been corny, but I kind of wished Vickers became the nominal hero and turned against
Spoiler
her father
[close]

I suppose they considered it too difficult for the audience to forgive her after
Spoiler
flaming Charlie
[close]

Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Spoiler
Vickers and Shaw are forced to squeeze into a small escape pod and engage in raunchy lesbo action...
[close]

The end.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 01, 2012, 07:39:46 PM
I suppose they considered it too difficult for the audience to forgive her after
Spoiler
flaming Charlie
[close]

Why? i could totally understand what she did and why she did it. If i where in her shoes i think i would make the same decision.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Spoiler
It really is a shame Vickers dies. And the way she dies... ::)

I would have loved to have seen an ending with her and Shaw teaming up. Or Shaw dead and Vickers stranded alone on the planetoid. Something open yet still with a feeling of finality and emotional weight. Instead we've got... Noomi Jockey flying off in her own derelict. Lolz.
[close]

Quote from: Snowdog on Jun 01, 2012, 07:44:01 PM
Spoiler
flaming Charlie
[close]

Why? i could totally understand what she did and why she did it. If i where in her shoes i think i would make the same decision.
I definitely would have made the same decision.

Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 07:44:43 PM
Spoiler

I would have loved to have seen an ending with her and Shaw teaming up. Or Shaw dead and Vickers stranded alone on the planetoid. Something open yet still with a feeling of finality and emotional weight. Instead we've got... Noomi Jockey flying off in her own derelict. Lolz.
[close]

Spoiler
flaming Charlie
[close]

We got a sequel hook. for an ending.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Shaw and David escape in the second juggernaut; as it flies up into the sky, Shaw looks down on the planet she escaped from. In the horizon she sees a black mass on the landscape. She gets David to zoom into it and to her horror she sees a massive colony of giant xenomorphs; all crawling over each other, millions of them, fighting each other, biting each other etc millions of them

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
flaming Charlie
[close]

In my opinion, they didn't know enough about the nature of the infection.  If they put on their rational scientific hats, they shouls have put Holloway into emergency quarantine for observation and, hopefully, potential treatment.

It does come across as a mercy kill though.

Vickers

Vickers

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
flaming Charlie
[close]

I third that.  It's logical.  Kill one person - save everyone else.  Let infected person back on ship - put everyone's lives in danger.  In that type of extreme situation, it's a choice you have to make and you have to make the choice that will save more people and who are far more important to the mission.

If I was Vickers, I'd have torched Holloway the moment his smug face was presented to me.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 07:48:51 PM
Shaw and David escape in the second juggernaut; as it flies up into the sky, Shaw looks down on the planet she escaped from. In the horizon she sees a black mass on the landscape. She gets David to zoom into it and to her horror she sees a massive colony of giant xenomorphs; all crawling over each other, millions of them, fighting each other, biting each other etc millions of them

Does that make it a prequel to Starship Troopers?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 01, 2012, 07:49:50 PM
It does come across as a mercy kill though.
Toasting him would definitely be a mercy kill for my benefit. ;D

Eva

Eva

In the context of the film, Vickers is not one bit happy about doing it to Holloway. She looks pretty shocked afterwards as in, I can't believe what just happened. In that sense, the clip we saw in the Vickers-reel pre-release promo, gave a somewhat false impression.

Oh btw -
Spoiler
I think Vickers survived and she will return in the sequel, mixing herself with the black goo and eventually becoming -
Spoiler
[close]

You heard it here first  :D
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Eva on Jun 01, 2012, 07:51:39 PM
In the context of the film, Vickers is not one bit happy about doing it to Holloway. She looks pretty shocked afterwards as in, I can't believe what just happened. In that sense, the clip we saw in the Vickers-reel pre-release promo, gave a somewhat false impression.

Oh btw -
Spoiler
I think Vickers survived and she will return in the sequel, mixing herself with the black goo and eventually becoming -
Spoiler
[close]

You heard it here first  :D
[close]

But I'm still glad she went ahead and did it.  It would have been a cop out to have a repeat of the Ripley and Kane scenario.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed