Predator: Hunting Grounds to be Revived on Xbox and PS5! Illfonic Taking Over Publishing

Started by RidgeTop, Mar 28, 2024, 05:32:34 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds to be Revived on Xbox and PS5! Illfonic Taking Over Publishing (Read 3,047 times)

Kailem

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 29, 2024, 03:42:09 PMBafflingly they have enough playerbase to consider that viable. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that I'm shocked it's even doing a relaunch. Like yeah it's gonna be more of the same on Xbox and some new Predator but that's huge and I just wasn't expecting that.

And without Sony that's one less entity Illfonic has to answer to so that's probably good for getting content out quicker. After the initial updates I'd be very interested to see where they go with this.

Some more Predators, that's about it. The (apparently leaked initially) publicity statement says as much. It's definitely a surprise, but I don't think anyone who's been playing the game for the past four years or so should get too overly excited about them suddenly adding a billion maps-worth of content or anything beyond what we were getting during the end of the game's apparent lifespan a year or two ago.

Simply_Kevin

Sadly companies in a globalized world still only consider their American/European audiences. This game, even when it was given as one of PS+ Monthly Games, had very long queues here in South America. This is all but dead I'm afraid.

pmaz11

This is incredible news! Thank goodness they finally did this game & hope to see more titles that are only Playstation exclusives at this time...

But I have wanted to play this game so badly but never even have. So, gonna be getting this 1st thing! NO DOUBT! 8)

mike

I always wanted the predators 2010 hunting camp map and Nolands drill map, that would be so cool and scary. day and night versions for both also

davewesker

This came right out of left field. Makes me wonder how much of theor hands were tied by Sony. Hopefully it can live up to the potential the game has, but not holding my breath. Would love to be wrong.

aliens13

Quote from: Simply_Kevin on Mar 29, 2024, 06:41:25 PMSadly companies in a globalized world still only consider their American/European audiences. This game, even when it was given as one of PS+ Monthly Games, had very long queues here in South America. This is all but dead I'm afraid.
I live (used to live actually) in Argentina and I played the game a few times in the house of a friend who had it thanks to the PS+. You're right, it has to long queues

RoguePred1987

It's interesting that SONY seems to be the thing that was killing the game. With Illfonic taking over they seem happy to bring it back and add another patch and more Preds, and potentially who knows what else next year. Just thought that was a seemingly interesting revelation here.

FrickinMaggot

Nooooo... I need to buy an Series X lol

Oh well.  I was looking for one more reason anyway.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Definitely surprising news! I welcome new Predators and general support, but for me it really needs to add more maps, modes and unlockables for the Fireteam. Without that, I'm not sure this revival will really sustain a player base, even with the injection from the other platforms. I've always said I love the gameplay loop and the whole setup of the scenarios, but without a decent amount of variety in the maps or incentive for the Fireteam side of things, I just don't think it'll compete with other titles.

Cosmic Incubation

I agree. What we need is more variety and expansion to the gameplay loop.
I'll gladly hop back on and play, but if there isn't more maps, more mission variety, and balancing involved, then it probably wont last long.

Always glad to see more Predators added, but I think we have enough to play as until those issues are taken care of. Can't be the only thing being added to the game.

Going to stay optimistic

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Please bad blood Predator

Wweyland

Good idea, although they have a few movie ones left to do.

SuperiorIronman

I'd assume Feral is on the to-do list. honestly though, I want that spear gun.

CANNON

This is amazing news! On Xbox too wow. Now I'm excited. Will need Jungle Hunter though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed