Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 49,621 times)

atlantis

Well said...

Quote from: Jango1201 on Sep 25, 2014, 09:42:45 PM
As much I like Prometheus, but this new insight into the future of the series makes me think of one only possible solution.
SCRAP PROMETHEUS AND GIVE US A PREQUAL THAT MAKES SENSE TO THE ALIEN LORE!!!!!!

Kimarhi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2014, 10:09:57 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 26, 2014, 10:01:06 AMI'd love to see the adult Deacon but as for reasons why it my not be in the sequel - Ridley doesn't know his ass from his elbow anymore, it might have been in the film arbitrarily for all we know.

It certianly felt pretty arbitrary. They'd made it clear during development they wanted to move the film away from Alien, but then at the last minute they got cold feet about nothing bursting out of anyone, and threw a token Deacon in.

Either have the Aliens or don't, don't say you're going to remove them and then throw in a half-assed copy anyway.

The deacon itself felt pretty arbitrary but the goo was responsible for more than just that little guy.  There is going to be some sort of monster in there I'd wager.

Otherwise why spend so much time developing that plot point if there was no purpose?

Bendix Fust

Bendix Fust

The predator is one of the best looking, most talented mofos in the the whole world!

mall85

mall85

why do people go to the cinema because they thought that they would see alien
that it was well received depended on kids
and kids love this ..................

Gash

Personally looking forward to the next stage of the Prometheus / A L I E N lore. "The Engineers were a good start" and I agree.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2014, 05:06:55 AM
It's new that we were told something that we already knew?

The very fact there was no Aliens in Prometheus, after the original intention was to make an Alien prequel.  Then Riddles said that the Alien has been pretty much wrung dry after four films.  Then he said that any potential sequels would likely move even further away from Alien.

Did we know?
All the discussion about this movie here is how the Deacon and the ooze fit into the Xenos.

Some folks didnt care, some folks cared, and now we got some more confirmation into where it's heading. EVENTHOUGH this has been shifting from the start. If you held to one viewpoint then that's good for you but they did not give a clear explanation of what we were seeing.

Anonymous

Anonymous

You know, what bothers me is that Scott says the Xenomorph is "done", "cooked". "There's only so much snarling you can do."
I'm sorry, Ridley, but that's bs. And this is coming from the guy who made yet another Robin Hood movie and most recently a Bible story, because you know, that material isn't done to death yet.
Judging by how there's still demand for the Xeno in videogames, comics, books and figures, no, this beast isn't "done". It's still very much alive.

You could argue that it looks less threatening nowadays, even the Predator hunts it for sport. Well, make it menacing again. Hire a director who isn't afraid of delivering the blood and gore and with a real talent for horror, like Neil Marshall (not one of those hacks who only rely on jumpscares and loud noises). It doesn't have to be a rehash of "Alien", be creative, ffs. There's a lot of potential. If not horror, then go with action, now there are no limits! Make an awesome alien queen. Let her wreak havoc.
Design new alien variants. Put them in interesting scenarios. I don't know, anything could work with enough inspiration, a good script and love for the creature.

Just saying "Meh, it's too boring now, Imma going to stick with the albino Squidwards" is a poor, lame and lazy-ass excuse.

Gash

I didn't see the Deacon as a last minute decision to pander to 'Xeno' enthusuasts, I thought it's appearance was part of the payoff for the goo/life cycle theme that was was playing out, allied to the alien'esque sculpture in the urn room. The Engineers have either distilled the essence of the alien, or are seeking to create the perfect organism. Either way, the Deacon, is one of the clues to how the Giger alien came to be. If indeed the Giger alien is seen as some sort of deity.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

If there's not going to be any Xenos then what was the point of the ending scene of the first movie  ??? ?

SM

QuoteDid we know?

Yes.  If we were paying attention.

T Dog

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 26, 2014, 02:40:16 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 26, 2014, 10:01:06 AMI'd love to see the adult Deacon but as for reasons why it my not be in the sequel - Ridley doesn't know his ass from his elbow anymore, it might have been in the film arbitrarily for all we know.

It certianly felt pretty arbitrary. They'd made it clear during development they wanted to move the film away from Alien, but then at the last minute they got cold feet about nothing bursting out of anyone, and threw a token Deacon in.

Either have the Aliens or don't, don't say you're going to remove them and then throw in a half-assed copy anyway.

The deacon itself felt pretty arbitrary but the goo was responsible for more than just that little guy.  There is going to be some sort of monster in there I'd wager.

Otherwise why spend so much time developing that plot point if there was no purpose?

It was a modern Ridley Scott movie, who knows the purpose of anything in Prometheus!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about this?  8)

just found it recently  ;D

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/community/forums/topic/38180

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 26, 2014, 07:26:29 PM
Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2014, 05:06:55 AM
It's new that we were told something that we already knew?

The very fact there was no Aliens in Prometheus, after the original intention was to make an Alien prequel.  Then Riddles said that the Alien has been pretty much wrung dry after four films.  Then he said that any potential sequels would likely move even further away from Alien.

Did we know?
All the discussion about this movie here is how the Deacon and the ooze fit into the Xenos.

Some folks didnt care, some folks cared, and now we got some more confirmation into where it's heading. EVENTHOUGH this has been shifting from the start. If you held to one viewpoint then that's good for you but they did not give a clear explanation of what we were seeing.

The Deacon fits perfectly with the Xenomorph. Why do people still have doubts about this? is because the creature does not look so biomechanical as the original?

In my opinion the real mystery is whether Engineers created the Xenomorphs or only found them, since Prometheus is very ambiguous about it.

HOWEVER I agree with you about the Black Goo. This thing seems to be some sort of bioengineering technology and not a weapon itself (read the Jon Spaihts draft)...but unfortunately the movie...again...doesn't explain it very clearly.

Quote from: Gash on Sep 26, 2014, 05:11:38 PM
Personally looking forward to the next stage of the Prometheus / A L I E N lore. "The Engineers were a good start" and I agree.

The same here

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 26, 2014, 02:40:16 PM

What do you mean with "some sort of monster"? Another completely different species, not related to the xenomorph?

Xenolove

Xenolove

Try watching the first movie, then shutting it off after Shaw's acquired ship leaves the planet, before the Deacon's entrance.

Xenolove

Xenolove

The Prometheus line is meant to move away from the Xenomorph storylines, while still being a part of the same Family. Let me use the Motorhead family of bands as an example: Motorhead is a brother band to Black Sabbath. Same family, different styles. Motorhead is the father-band to Metallica, While Megadeath is a brother band to Metallica. Metallica is the father-band to A7X, with Motorhead as their Grandfather, and Black Sabbath as their Great Uncle, while Megadeath is off doing their hermit uncle thing. Alien is Motorhead. Prometheus is Megadeath. 

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Xenolove on Sep 27, 2014, 02:21:27 AM
The Prometheus line is meant to move away from the Xenomorph storylines, while still being a part of the same Family. Let me use the Motorhead family of bands as an example: Motorhead is a brother band to Black Sabbath. Same family, different styles. Motorhead is the father-band to Metallica, While Megadeath is a brother band to Metallica. Metallica is the father-band to A7X, with Motorhead as their Grandfather, and Black Sabbath as their Great Uncle, while Megadeath is off doing their hermit uncle thing. Alien is Motorhead. Prometheus is Megadeath.

Let us not forget the father of Motorhead in all of this analogous rhetoric...

Spoiler
[close]

but that's besides the point; having subtle nods to Xenos (ie the wall sculpture) without showing them would have been enough to imply the relation while keeping comfortable distance. The fact that they demonstrated/reimagined a full Xeno life cycle and ended on Xeno birth, implied or promised something that will not be continued (abandoned) in the sequel. I like Prometheus; I like flawed films, but I can't ignore Prom's missteps in order to fit it in neatly with an otherwise chronological and logical cosmology.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed