Resident Evil 6

Started by Xenodog, Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:12 PM

Author
Resident Evil 6 (Read 68,095 times)

Razz

Razz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 20, 2012, 11:08:43 PM
At least the games haven't sucked like the movies.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Sad but true.  Used to be movies could be counted on to be better than games, story-wise.  Until PWSA, baby.  He brought the pain to a whole generation, then nailed Milla Jovovich while doing it.

I think I'm going to faint.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jan 20, 2012, 11:17:49 PM

Sad but true.  Used to be movies could be counted on to be better than games, story-wise.  Until PWSA, baby.  He brought the pain to a whole generation, then nailed Milla Jovovich while doing it.

I think I'm going to faint.

I feel your pain bro.

Xenodog

Xenodog

This been posted yet?

Spoiler
They then dropped a few character tidbits. Resident Evil 6 will feature four main protagonists, its seems, two of whom will be familiar to fans of the series: Leon and Chris. Both will be playable and their stories will run concurrently, with Chris spending most of his time in one Chinese city while Leon hangs out in the USA. Coming in third is a mysterious male who was described only as "the man who's told to save the world" (who would seem to be Mr. "The World Can Have My Blood" from the trailer). The fourth lead is a woman called Helena Harper, who was apparently working a security detail for the US President prior to whatever event it was that unleashed the zombies. If her guilty chat in the trailer is anything to go by, she'll have been heavily involved in said event from the beginning.

In addition to wading through putrid seas of the undead, players will also come up against the "Javo" (pictured looking generally upset at the top of this post). The executives didn't give many details on the origin, nature, purpose or general comportment of this fellow other than saying his existence will have an even greater impact on the world than the existence of the zombie menace.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115387-Capcom-Execs-Reveal-Resident-Evil-6-Details
[close]

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Yes! Sweet, everyone looked good Chris looked human, Leon looks badass and the story looked like it would be long and not shit like RES 5. Oh and zombies!!!

Ghostface

Ghostface

I always thought RE5's story was better than 4s. It was at least closer to the originals than 4. 5 had a special unit trying to stop Umbrella from unleashing hell with their bioweapons while 4 had you chasing the president's daughter around a spanish town with parasites and had more of a cult/mystic feel to it. That was always my main issue with 4 when I played it, the story felt too far removed from the originals.

Effectz

Effectz

Ada Wong is supposed to pop up in this game aswell.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Effectz on Jan 20, 2012, 11:50:18 PM

Any idea what her story arc was supposed to be?

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 20, 2012, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: Effectz on Jan 20, 2012, 11:50:18 PM

Any idea what her story arc was supposed to be?

No it's unknown as of this time.

r888

r888

Sweet Leon and chris badass
Can't wait for this

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I'm very proud of you guys and the enthusiasm displayed on this board, and for the most part a lack of whiny bitching like you'll find on most places around the Internet. Shows respect for a series that for the most part has done nothing but deliver stellar, triple A titles. There's genuine discussion going on here instead of pussies complaining about tank controls they can't adapt to. Think I'm gonna cry :)

Nope

Nope

A great way to breed genuine discussion is to call people with opposing opinions to you a pussy and whiny!  ::)

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I'm so glad you agree!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Eh, I gotta play these sometime....

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: r888 on Jan 21, 2012, 05:02:20 AM
Sweet Leon and chris badass
Can't wait for this
Yeah, my fav chars from the RE series. I was so happy when saw them both in the trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed