Dissecting Aliens: Dark Descent, A Discussion with Writer & Narrative Designer Thibaut Claudel - AvP Galaxy Podcast #169

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 11, 2023, 05:10:55 PM

Author
Dissecting Aliens: Dark Descent, A Discussion with Writer & Narrative Designer Thibaut Claudel - AvP Galaxy Podcast #169 (Read 3,935 times)

Corporal Hicks

After a little bit of a break in August, we have just uploaded the 169th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download). In our latest episode, Corporal Hicks and RidgeTop are joined by Thibaut Claudel, one of the writers and narrative designers who worked on Aliens: Dark Descent, to discuss Tindalos Interactive’s recent (and brilliant) Aliens game!

Dissecting Aliens: Dark Descent, A Discussion with Writer & Narrative Designer Thibaut Claudel - AvP Galaxy Podcast #169

We discuss the panel in Aliens: Nightmare Asylum that inspired the Darwin Era, famous school alumni, addressing internal criticism, how the game changed, tie-ins that never happened and plenty more!

Be sure to head on over to Twitter / X where you can find Thibaut under the handle @Republ33k!

What did you think of our latest episodes? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunesPodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see everyone's beautiful faces, as always, video versions of the podcasts are also available on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

You can tell that he loved this. Very very good interview.

Or should I say discussion?

Darkness

Great interview guys. There's not a lot of info about the development so this was interesting to listen to.

DaniilLogOut

2 hours long ? Sweet

GreybackElder

Great discussion guys! Loved it. I'm wondering, did I miss an initial reaction to the game on a podcast or YouTube? It definitely sounds like you guys loved the game but what did you think overall? Likes? Dislikes? 

I definitely felt that the game was pretty challenging. Perhaps too difficult? I swear I was stuck on a section of Berkeley's dock for days. It was literally, horde wave followed by praetorian then level 2 organism. In FACT I tried hiding after getting the multiple sentry gun parts behind a door the team welded. The praetorian literally waited in front of the door until I opened it then killed all of us. Super frustrating moments, but overall I enjoyed it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 12, 2023, 10:14:38 PMGreat discussion guys! Loved it. I'm wondering, did I miss an initial reaction to the game on a podcast or YouTube? It definitely sounds like you guys loved the game but what did you think overall? Likes? Dislikes? 

Thanks, Greyback. Glad you enjoyed it. :) Our review episode isn't up yet, I'm working on it currently. I f**king loved the game though. I'm playing it through again now on Hard.

Exposedoldgregg

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2023, 07:48:46 AM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 12, 2023, 10:14:38 PMGreat discussion guys! Loved it. I'm wondering, did I miss an initial reaction to the game on a podcast or YouTube? It definitely sounds like you guys loved the game but what did you think overall? Likes? Dislikes? 

Thanks, Greyback. Glad you enjoyed it. :) Our review episode isn't up yet, I'm working on it currently. I f**king loved the game though. I'm playing it through again now on Hard.

It was great to hear more about this game, what went into making it and developing the story and characters. I agree with Greyback i am looking forward to hearing you guys pour through it and get it under the microscope, especially the ending. I was hoping to hear about some DLC though! haha

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: Exposedoldgregg on Sep 13, 2023, 07:45:09 PM. I was hoping to hear about some DLC though! haha
Aliens game developers are keeping it quiet but too quiet almost like there really is nothing brewing in the kitchen. 

Exposedoldgregg

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Sep 13, 2023, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: Exposedoldgregg on Sep 13, 2023, 07:45:09 PM. I was hoping to hear about some DLC though! haha
Aliens game developers are keeping it quiet but too quiet almost like there really is nothing brewing in the kitchen. 

Honestly that's the impression i got too.

Chieftain Suom

Quite honestly, one of the best interviews you've posted. His passion and dedication to the Alien universe was so refreshing to hear.

TheBATMAN

Seems like a throughly decent chap who wanted do do the best job he possibly could. Randy Pitchford should take some notes.

Great interview.

Crew Expendable

Fantastic interview! Listening to Thibaut talk about referencing the comics and the RPG shows the care that went into the creation of this game. I respect Tindalos for pushing the lore forward in an interesting way. It plays with the lore without rewriting the canon. Fireteam Elite was a fun game in that you can feel like a marine with their back against the wall watching the ammo counter get lower, but that's where it stops. Fireteam Elite's philosophy on the lore was really, "Remember this, well now you can shoot it". I hope Tindalos can return to the Aliens franchise someday, I'd put this game up with the likes of Isolation for best Alien games.

GreybackElder

I was wondering how many of you guys enjoyed the inclusion of the Space Jockeys? I for one loved the inclusion. Throughout the final mission I was hoping that I'd see an Alien spawned from one of them. It was as glorious as I imagined.

Once again, fantastic interview boys.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 15, 2023, 11:28:56 PMI was wondering how many of you guys enjoyed the inclusion of the Space Jockeys?

I think it's left open as to if they are the Space Jockeys (I think Thibaut said as much in the interview too) but I was really excited to see something very obviously related to them that wasn't the Engineers. Don't get me wrong, I do actually like the Engineers, but I miss that older cosmic horror of the OG Jockeys and it put a huge smile on my face moving through the Xenocity in this.

I'm working on the review podcast currently so we'll have that out either this week or early next week. :)

Still Collating...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed