F*** The Atmosphere processor level.

Started by Inverse Effect, Jul 10, 2023, 12:03:15 AM

Author
F*** The Atmosphere processor level. (Read 1,823 times)

Inverse Effect

I hate this level. Too many Xenos, the level is like a maze, i've died a dozen times to stupid levels of swams. Nope. I'm giving this a break.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it's pretty tough once you get down there. Try to avoid combat, and know some single doored rooms to sprint back to set up killzones to hold out from the Aliens when you trigger the hive. I just generally went around towards the right side of the map where I could.

Kimarhi

Besides the intro level where I was almost at max level of hive infestation I think my most hated level was the Nostromo knock off.  My gamma setting was all f**ked up, so it was dark even when the lights were on, there were aliens EVERYWHERE that I kept setting off, I finally left with a beat up squad and came back to a glitch where the lights were off again and it made it hard to navigate.

I think my whole journey would've been easier had I known that the infestation level was making the game harder.  I knew there had to be some kind of consequence, I just didn't know what it was (me read the tutorial lololol).  I thought maybe it would make a final hive worse to fight or something.  I ended up making the first queen fight so tough because it was queen battle, onslaught, type 2 xenomorph, with more than typical aliens respawning in between. 

I literally had one Marine limp back to the elevator to beat it. 

Kailem

Yeah the atmosphere processor level was the one that frustrated me enough that I only just went back it to last night after not having played the game for over a week. The first part is alright - aside from the sub-quest bug that doesn't register when you've found all the survivors, or even seemingly highlight the datapad info for one of them - but the lower-level area was just annoying.

It feels like the game does the same kinda bs thing that Isolation did where no matter how stealthy you are and where the Aliens might be, it always ends up sending some your way even if you're doing a great job of avoiding them.

Of course it doesn't help when I'm trying to investigate every room I can for supplies, so I'm sure I could have made it a lot easier on myself if I'd just tried to mainline the objectives rather than explore. But that was definitely one where after reloading saves so many times I just had to take a break from it for a while.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that was one of 3 times I had to do that. The first was going into the mines in the first mission. Then I realized I can and should go back to the ship if things are too hard. This was the second time I had to take a break. Did the same thing, went back to the ship. The third was during the spire because I continually kept forgetting about things that would make my life easier like the mines and stationary trackers. xD

bobby brown

You just wait for mission 7...

Still Collating...

Yep. That's the mission that broke me honestly... :laugh: Mission 7 can go and F off. The second to last mission, no lights, no tracker was also a headache. And now the update (at least for the PC) fixes things so that the tracker can't work on the lowest level, cause it shouldn't have cause of the Trimonite.

My Nightmare playthrough will be so much fun... :'(

Kailem

I'm on mission 7 at the moment and it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I lost about 45 minutes of progress because the game refused to save when I made a shelter; twice.

That patch was nice but man, it's things like this that are making it hard for me to stick with it for any real amount of time now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed