Do the classes even do anything?

Started by Inverse Effect, Jun 26, 2023, 08:02:11 PM

Author
Do the classes even do anything? (Read 1,729 times)

Inverse Effect

I always try to keep a medic on my team. But i haven't seen any meaningful reason to other than everyone heals faster?

Nightlord

Unique abilities and upgrades as they level up. For example the medic can unlock a defib to revive marines in a coma so that you don't have to carry them back to the APC.

bobby brown

the tecker can unlock certain doors. The sergeant makes people less stressed. The gunner can carry certain weapons etc, and the recon can snipe shit.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Game got so much easier when classes became available.  The sniping of drones/runners before they activate the hunts make it so much less frustrating to play. 

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 28, 2023, 10:20:16 PMGame got so much easier when classes became available.  The sniping of drones/runners before they activate the hunts make it so much less frustrating to play. 

Guess having a recon with a sniper is like important then?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yes, if you want to get them before they get you. 

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, the sniper is just invaluable. It seemed less successful the later I got into the campaign, but I wonder if detection time decreases the higher the planetary infestation level gets. I left it too long getting a tecker too (I do hate that name, I wish they'd just called them comtechs) but that drone is amazing for recon too. Will not wait so long to get one in my replay.

Samhain13

Yea, sniper is great for stealth killing aliens so they dont alert others, gunner has smartgun, tech open more door etc. At the end I like having one of each on the squad.

CANNON

CANNON

Yes they absolutely do, OP team = Two snipers and a team leader is the way to go on higher difficulties. You can make it through missions without being spotted.

BlueMarsalis79

I f**king love this videogame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed