Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 19, 2023, 07:38:09 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 12,958 times)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm really sorry you had such trouble, I heard a lot of people had game breaking bugs on the console versions. The PC version is mostly solid and stable with very few problems. I'm always sad when I see that the medium someone chooses for playing their game affects the experience. Too bad these recent AA developers can't make a game equally good on all platforms.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 29, 2023, 04:24:17 PMI'm really sorry you had such trouble, I heard a lot of people had game breaking bugs on the console versions. The PC version is mostly solid and stable with very few problems. I'm always sad when I see that the medium someone chooses for playing their game affects the experience. Too bad these recent AA developers can't make a game equally good on all platforms.

Yeah it seems that these days it's smart to wait a week or two for patches before diving in which is kinda wild when you think about it. Also looks a bit more intuitive control-wise on PC than console. I'll give it another go someday.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Sometimes bugs from PS make me think the most impossible things. Consoles gamers must gradually understand that 300 bucks for a brick is not worth it. HIstorically its been Ps4 baseline players being hit hard mainly because most games that hit the market have favoured the Pro edition. Now even PS5 owners are experiencing some of the most ungodly bugs ever. Especially this simple little game which isn't really pushing any envelope whatsoever. Sadly you might have to blame Sony for the bullshit and not the devs. The convenience of having a PC is the convenience of being able to upgrade.So whats the problem?
I'm cringing on the fact you have these problems. Thats why I usually stick to the "console exclusive" titles when it comes to console.
and let my steam/epic account be my oyster. I only upgrade every 10 years on videocards.....so unless you live chronically unemployed at a level that's next to minimum wage at a high cost rental, then you should really consider.....moving in with the parents until things pull through.

But some people are  married with children and now want to dive into high end gaming as a hobby and that's tough. I still have friends who never touch this stuff and they are broke ass weed smokers. The best gaming they have gone is Ps3 and still crave the arcade emus.

Personally, I have  never let a game let me down because usually if it doesn't work on a system, I move it to another that works and I still have money for a beer or two a night.

razeak

razeak

I just started this a couple of days ago and I'm very impressed. It's very deep and well thought out. I installed a reshade to improve the lighting etc. The game looked pretty good to begin with, but it's a solid improvement. There are plenty of intense moments.

I had a praetorian bug yesterday that wouldn't die or attack. It just roamed around.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I would rate this game higher than Fireteam Elite, but they are quite different games.
Would really be interesting if this had some kind of co-op or versus mode in the future.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're completely different games, but out of both of them Dark Descent is more genuinely Aliens to me and I think the better of the two.

I finally finished my Hard playthrough over the weekend. Just had that last mission sat waiting to be completed. Didn't give me the achievement for getting all the data pads though so not sure what happened there. I'm positive I got them all. Need to reload an earlier save.

I absolutely love Dark Descent. I think it's one of the best things to come out of the franchise recently. It was a game I didn't know I wanted until I started to hear about how it worked, and when I finally got to play it, it all came together so damn well.

razeak

razeak

I was interested, but definitely didn't expect it to be so good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed