Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by cockroach - Today at 10:10:54 AM
Do we think the next trailer will be attached to kingdom of the apes?
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by gold - Today at 10:09:09 AM
Does anyone else feel like every Alien movie after (Ripley) Aliens has been a copy of Alien 3? Not in terms of story or theme, but in terms of feel.

Just sad, desperate, hopeless depression movies.

"Here's yet another bunch of people, led by a female brunette, getting eaten"TM

It's like the studios know it has fans and people will come to watch it, so the writers are all sub par, the stories always appealing to the lowest common denominator "scare, blood, guts, horror" and no lore or interesting story. It's starting to feel like a childrens' puppet show where you can see the hands inside the puppets and the magic is gone.

Think about it, A1, A2 and A3 were the Ripley trilogy. A3 killed the excitement of the franchise to me (and my friends) back in 1992. I don't count Alien Resurrection as to me that was a spoof or satire like Space Balls or Ghostbusters Frozen empire.

Aliens was the only movie to have a lasting impact on film in many ways. The Pulse Rifle today is an iconic sci fi weapon that has been copied in countless media, with replicas and airsoft versions being released. Can you name any weapon from A3, Res, Prometheus or Covenant (or Dune or Avatar for that matter?).

It seems like every version of Alien after 1986 has been depressing. Just killing Hollywood Ripley clones. Elizabeth Shaw? Dead. The other brunette Hollywood actress (Ripley clone) from Covenant, also most likely dead. Now in Romulus another Hollywood Ripley clone (brunette actress) same story. Alien Isolation (Amanda Ripley) another Hollywood brunette Ripley clone. I'm sick of the Ripley clones. It feels like "made in China" Alien movies. Just cheap, low quality copies of the original.

The Blomkamp thing looked like it was gonna be the opposite of the crud we got since Aliens, a great story (A3 possibly being a dream) with the "real" Ripley and Hicks, and addition to the lore. Not a copy but a better version/addition/deepening of the lore of 1986. But we know what happened to that.

What we get will be:

"Here's yet another bunch of people, led by a female brunette, getting eaten"TM
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 10:08:41 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2024, 02:03:43 PMOddly enough, I've still seen Resurrection more times than I've seen most other movies from other franchises.

It's always been the most generally rewatchable, despite containing the least to obsess over.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Nukiemorph - Today at 10:01:41 AM
I'm curious if this is what Sigourney meant by "Ridley's gone in a different direction." (That silly Ridley attributing the ship to the race that was piloting it, as opposed to being barfed up by bugs.)

Though she said that when asked about the Walter Hill treatment, so maybe not.
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by SM - Today at 09:58:09 AM
Which look and characters from Earth War?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by SM - Today at 09:56:02 AM
What did Lando do that was so bad that flying into and blowing up a f**king Death Star doesn't get him a get out of jail free card?
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Marc505 - Today at 09:55:52 AM
Fantastic video, thank you for taking the time and effort to put it together and get it out there!

I think I file this movie concept alongside the AvP anime; fascinating to hear more about and read into, but certainly relieved it never came to pass.
Music / Re: Who is your favourite DJ '...
Last post by SM - Today at 09:54:34 AM
Numbah wahn.
Alien Isolation / I finally found it
Last post by solace97 - Today at 09:50:18 AM
After someone posted a screen shot I remembered these different planets and moons in the game. So, to prove I wasn't crazy I bought the mobile game and replayed the entire game to find those damn things. Now Can someone explain to me what all these different moons/ planets are and is it ever explained by the devs?

Edit: the pictures didn't post I'm going to try again tomorrow but for context there are two blue planets, two red and one whitish red that you can see out the window during the mission the marshal blows you and the alien off the station
Prey / Re: Prey Critic Review Thread
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:28:57 AMAlso, the hunchback look bothers me. Yes I know why it's like that, but still.
He moves like a movie monster. He looks like a movie monster. Everything that makes the Predator unique as an alien is replaced by a hunched, lumbering space orc with a half decent pirouette.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed