Was Lex from AVP or Kelly from AVPR the stronger female protagonist?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 08, 2016, 01:44:21 PM

Was Lex from AVP or Kelly from AVPR the stronger female protagonist?

Lex: AVP
17 (73.9%)
Kelly: AVPR
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author
Was Lex from AVP or Kelly from AVPR the stronger female protagonist? (Read 8,208 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 12, 2016, 08:17:36 AM
Let's not turn this thread into another debate on the quality of AvPR.
Umm this is a debate about who was the better chick, the chick from AVP or the chick from AVPr... quality has everything to do about it.

I kind of like that chick from avpr better and you wanna you why? It's because when there was danger she took her daughter and ran like a mother f**ker. None of this indecisive bullshit. I give creds for that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 12, 2016, 09:43:57 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 12, 2016, 08:17:36 AM
Let's not turn this thread into another debate on the quality of AvPR.
Umm this is a debate about who was the better chick, the chick from AVP or the chick from AVPr... quality has everything to do about it.

To a point. It doesn't need to be a broad picture one. There's plenty of depressing ones like that already.  :-X

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 11, 2016, 06:54:49 PM
Yeah, I've always enjoyed the film since it first came out, I recently bought the Master Set for Inkworks' trading cards which wasn't cheap let me tell you that, lol.  I know it isn't the most popular film in the franchise but I found it grossly entertaining when I saw it. 

I've never really understood why people hated it tot the extent that they did, and often for the most trivial things like having children die, having Aliens die, being too much like a slasher film, etc. all of which were in the previous films albeit offscreen.  Looking back on this year's own reboots and remakes I feel I can say that AVPR in no way disrespected its franchise the way many movies are disrespecting their own; Jurassic World turned the franchise from a suspense thriller to a comedy action flick, Terminator: Genisys (another film I like but is hated) retconned the entire film franchise, and Star Wars literally just ripped off its predecessor's plot.

I've been considering making a thread asking fans what they detested about AVPR and comparing to other movies in the franchise and films released this year, but just never got around to it.

Thats actually pretty cool man. Its not too often you hear people supporting AVPR. But thats fair. I find it even more unique that you find it more entertaining than Alien or Aliens. I can't say much of anything though because I've always been a big fan of Resurrection and I defend that film all the time.

But cool man! Glad to see some truly different taste around here.

THE CITY HUNTER

Lex could have so much more use in AVP

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 12, 2016, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 11, 2016, 06:54:49 PM
Yeah, I've always enjoyed the film since it first came out, I recently bought the Master Set for Inkworks' trading cards which wasn't cheap let me tell you that, lol.  I know it isn't the most popular film in the franchise but I found it grossly entertaining when I saw it. 

I've never really understood why people hated it tot the extent that they did, and often for the most trivial things like having children die, having Aliens die, being too much like a slasher film, etc. all of which were in the previous films albeit offscreen.  Looking back on this year's own reboots and remakes I feel I can say that AVPR in no way disrespected its franchise the way many movies are disrespecting their own; Jurassic World turned the franchise from a suspense thriller to a comedy action flick, Terminator: Genisys (another film I like but is hated) retconned the entire film franchise, and Star Wars literally just ripped off its predecessor's plot.

I've been considering making a thread asking fans what they detested about AVPR and comparing to other movies in the franchise and films released this year, but just never got around to it.

Thats actually pretty cool man. Its not too often you hear people supporting AVPR. But thats fair. I find it even more unique that you find it more entertaining than Alien or Aliens. I can't say much of anything though because I've always been a big fan of Resurrection and I defend that film all the time.

But cool man! Glad to see some truly different taste around here.

I also really like AvP:R.

I like it because it expands on the Predators a bit, we finally glimpse a planet inhabited by them and even get to see bits of a city. I loved the interior of Wolf's home.

Sure, the film has some flaws and major plot hols such as how is Wolf's hand not burned off when he shoves his blades through Chet's head. But then, that can be seen as respecting the AvP novels to an extent, where it is said that Predator blood partially neutralizes Alien blood.

Predxeno is right, it shows far more respect to its franchise than most of the new films today do to their own.

Although I can see why Alien fans got upset when they see a single Predator manhandle and kill many of them. I felt that way when an Alien killed two Predators in the first movie (which got made up for by Scar killing several Aliens himself lol).

I actually don't hate a single film in this franchise. I love all the Alien, Predator and AvP films, even Resurrection.

predxeno

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 12, 2016, 04:41:32 PM
Sure, the film has some flaws and major plot hols such as how is Wolf's hand not burned off when he shoves his blades through Chet's head. But then, that can be seen as respecting the AvP novels to an extent, where it is said that Predator blood partially neutralizes Alien blood.

Where do people think Predator blood neutralizes Alien blood?  I'm an EU expert on all things AVP and never once have I heard that; if it makes anyone feel any better, the Strause Bros. wanted Wolf to lose his arm after stabbing Chet's head but that's where they ran out of budget so unfortunately that never happened.

whiterabbit

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2016, 03:21:44 AM

Where do people think Predator blood neutralizes Alien blood?  I'm an EU expert on all things AVP and never once have I heard that; if it makes anyone feel any better, the Strause Bros. wanted Wolf to lose his arm after stabbing Chet's head but that's where they ran out of budget so unfortunately that never happened.
I have no idea about that bit but the Predalien's blood didn't seem acidic at all.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2016, 03:21:44 AM

I remember someone showing a quote from the book where Broken-Tusk marks Machiko Noguchi, he first spits his blood on the Alien finger "so that his Thwei can neutralize the acidity" before marking Machiko.

I never read the book myself though and I don't remember seeing that in the comic book which I have read.

If you got the book, feel free to check it out if that's true as I don't know, I only read the quote and other sources on the internet claiming this.

predxeno

Ah thanks, I don't think anything remarkable was implied thru that one action tho; I imagine all liquids have the ability to neutralize alien acid to an extent, nothing particularly unique about Predator blood.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2016, 02:44:41 PM
Ah thanks, I don't think anything remarkable was implied thru that one action tho; I imagine all liquids have the ability to neutralize alien acid to an extent, nothing particularly unique about Predator blood.

When you think about it, the air neutralizes Alien blood. XD

Maybe Predator blood neutralizes it better than human blood, but not good enough to prevent severe burns if they were to get a lot on them.

predxeno

I don't think that's the interpretation the author intended, it sounds way too vague for that.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2016, 03:00:29 PM
I don't think that's the interpretation the author intended, it sounds way too vague for that.

To be honest though, it would of been kind of tight if they would of made a AVPR novelization. I could see the book being awesome compared to the movie. Especially with how dark the whole movie is. They could of made even a better book than the AVP novelization.

predxeno

Yeah, I wished there was an AVPR novelization as well, would have been AMAZING.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 13, 2016, 02:58:36 PM

So does water.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 13, 2016, 04:28:02 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 13, 2016, 02:58:36 PM

So does water.

Does it officially? By that I mean have we seen examples of it happening. I only remember it neutralizing after being exposed to air on film, but don't remember water. Was it in AvP:R? It's been years since I saw that film.

Predxeno did say he imagines "all liquids neutralize it" (which includes water.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed