Did you go and see Prometheus with someone who was not a mad Alien fan?

Started by Kimo, Jun 02, 2012, 11:58:58 PM

Author
Did you go and see Prometheus with someone who was not a mad Alien fan? (Read 1,950 times)

Kimo

If so what was he/she's reaction after the film? I took my dad to see it. He like's Alien but not on the scale as a Fan more on the side of a good movie he once seen back in the early 80's. I even had to tell him before we went that it was linked to Alien but not a prequel or sequel incase he was lost in what was going on.

Anyhow after the film i was left feeling a little bit disappointed but i did like it for what it was. (I posted my thoughts in the fan review Thread) Well at the end of Prometheus i looked at my dad and he was still sat quiet and just looking at the screen and i said to him "so what did you think?" He looked at me and said "It was bloody brilliant that"

This got me thinking maybe to a non Alien fan Prometheus is Epic. The same thing was with "The Thing 2011" i hated that film but i was shocked that alot of people who were not familiar with JC "The Thing" liked it.

Oh i know Prometheus has its flaws but it is 100 times better then that new Thing film.

Promethean Fire

I saw it with my girlfriend.  She's not even remotely interested in the Alien franchise.  But she really enjoyed Prometheus.  I guess this all falls into being subjective or objective about something.  Fans become too attached and emotionally invested.

Divpax

I saw prometheus with two friends, one of which was quite a big alien fan although not an obsessive like me, the other had seen the films a while ago but was not really a fan at all.

Both of them walked out basically saying "Pretty good, no as good as alien. Too hyped. 3/5" which was pretty bloody unfortunate as my reaction more along the lines of "F*CK YEA! IT'S THE FOLLOW UP TO ALIEN I'VE ALWAYS WANTED! WAY BETTER THEN ALIENS! DID YOU SEE THE BIT WHERE..."

Which was of course immediately met by massive "WHAT"s and other confused gestures and was immediately told how apparently wrong I was. After a rather wrong period of debate, discussion and just plain arguments they said that they preferred "The Avengers". So naturally and real casual like I ran them over with an APC and kept shooting them with a flamethrower until they stopped twitching and died. Ok that last part didn't happen it was only what I would have done, the rest is 100% true though.

Saw it the next day alone, although the cinema was packed despite being 11.30 in the morning on a week day. The story seemed better second time round however the projectionist f*cked up and the 3D came through funny, was fine at midnight. First time I saw a film in a cinema alone, actually preferred it to in a group, I'll need to start doing it more often .

TL;DR: I, the big alien fan, loved it whereas the less fan like 2 enjoyed it a lot less.

chupacabras acheronsis

my dad told me it was f**king rubbish.

Xenomorphine

Saw it with three. They found it entertaining. None of them were massively hyped about it, but didn't regret paying money to see it. Much like myself.

Shall be going to see it with two friends who didn't get the chance, next week. One of them I introduced to the two original films, the other day. He really loved them. The other has never seen any of them. :o

Queeny Pants

I saw it with two mild fans who weren't massive on it, though said it was 'A good film, not a great film to be tied to the alien universe' and one non-fan who really enjoyed it.

atlantis

Saw it Wednesday with 2 band members.... All 3 of us loved every second of it..
Saw it Thursday again.... I Loved it even more....
And yesterday I saw it again... cause it's awesome on the big screen :)

NGR01

My buddy said it was beautifully made but really fell into cliché ending thats was rushed.

Blacklabel

Going to watch it with a trio of casual fans.

let's see how it goes.  :D

Alien³

Saw it with my girlfriend. We both loved it despite a couple of issues. Almost made her throw up too.

Darth Vile

Have seen it twice with 2 sets of non-Alien fans. Reaction both times was that they really enjoyed it. Not one of them thought it was the best thing they'd ever seen, but that is to be expected. Also, 1st time I saw it the crowd was rather muted (I assume that's because there were a few industry/fan types there). 2nd time the crowd seemed really up for it and you could hear people chatting about scenes etc. when leaving.

psychonaut25

I must still wait until 7th June, but I will go with my wife, she haven't seen any of Aliens movies except AvP. So she is pure, not intact by the legacy of Alien movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed