Peter Weyland

Started by Mr. Knight, Jun 02, 2012, 12:57:48 PM

Author
Peter Weyland (Read 4,522 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Well, sight unseen - I'd have put in the TED talk, at least.  And possibly Shaw's pitch, perhaps restaged to show old Weyland or Vickers viewing it.  Or David, even, alone on the ship, passing the time in the beginning of the film.  That last might've been too much of an expository dump.

And again, as I said in the 'what would you change' thread, I would've loved to see the Engineer give Weyland what he desired - communion with the gods and their powers, only for the Engineer chair/suit to mangle and Cronenberg him when improperly used.  His death as spoiled sounds a bit less interesting to me, but I will reserve judgment.

NGR01

NGR01

His presence was useless and f**king cliché (AVP anyone?).
To use a young actor was just dumb (even if i loveeeeeee Pierce).
The Prometheus angle with him actually getting younger would have been maybe cliché (haven't seen it that much frankly but let say i agree) but it would have been less useless that what happens to him.
They should have given his goal for eternal life to Vickers.
She would have no faith in the mission then when she discovers the temple has a change of hearth.
make her a real baddie not the poor girl that rightfully burns Holloway and gets punished by being crushed (while Shaw just make a few tumbles and is scott free come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn).

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

IF the dude had Cryo Available to him and wasn't that old, he should have freeze much before.
And he would probably be awaken 2 - 3 days a year just to check his company.
That way he would have had access to immortality much easier.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 02, 2012, 07:33:22 PM
IF the dude had Cryo Available to him and wasn't that old, he should have freeze much before.

THAT is a clever idea.
Just like the original plan for Tyrell in Blade Runner ;)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 02, 2012, 07:35:52 PM

THAT is a clever idea.

Wow I never knew that, thanks for the infos!

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 02, 2012, 07:39:22 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 02, 2012, 07:35:52 PM

THAT is a clever idea.

Wow I never knew that, thanks for the infos!

In one of the of the early script when Batty has killed Tyrell he ask Sebastian to take him to his real maker.
Sebastian take him into some sort of cryocrypt and explain that Tyrell was ill and he asked to be freezed until a cure can be find.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Another early Ridley idea for Tyrell had his mind transferred into a shark :P No joke.

Vyse

Vyse

Maybe they decided to use Pearce to play an old guy so his appearance could be tied into future films. Such as androids based on him.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 02, 2012, 07:54:44 PM
Another early Ridley idea for Tyrell had his mind transferred into a shark :P No joke.

I remember this too.
Some sort of cyber shark.

They ended with some similar concept (again designed by Syd Mead) in Johnny Mnemonic with a dolphin ^^

Divpax

Divpax

I thought he had a good voice but was wasted under the make up (bit like Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta). I actually enjoyed seeing Weyland simply because it gave David a lot to bounce off. Was kinda bad for Shaw having cuddles ripped out of her only for everyone to be to busy helping Weyland move to even notice the poor girl.

Shodan09

Shodan09

The weyland intro was one of my first disappointments in the film. Mainly because the makeup was terrible, it came across as cheesy. Story wise if hed just appeared in the flashback it would've served the same purpose. His inclusion on the ship was superfluous and just meant there was even less time to give a damn about any of the characters in the film. Also in his machine suit thing he just reminded me of johnny Knoxville doing an impression of an old man who's shit himself.

They wayland scenes were the most contrived elements of te plot and the shoehorning in of vickers as his daughter gave me awful flashbacks to revenge of the sith. Thinking back I believe having weyland on the ship was one of te main sticking points for the plot. It could have been handled so much better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed