Exploring the Tales of Terror Alien Movie Storybook

Started by RidgeTop, Apr 26, 2023, 04:55:15 PM

Author
Exploring the Tales of Terror Alien Movie Storybook (Read 2,221 times)

RidgeTop

Hey everyone! RidgeTop here, hope you all are having a Happy Alien Day. This is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. When I was still a kid in the early 90’s I stumbled upon certain horror books in my elementary school library. These were part of the Crestwood House ‘Tales of Terror’ series, movie storybook adaptations of horror films, a number of them on R-rated films. There were books on A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, The Fly, and of course… Alien.

Reading this book as a kid was actually my first experience of the story of the original film, and it was one of the primary things contributing to my early interest of Alien. These books became a rarity and faded into obscurity. It wasn’t until some years back that I decided to track down the book. My memory of it was hazy, at first I thought it was the Alien – The Movie Novel by Richard J. Anobile and Avon Publishing, but I knew upon looking at it that wasn’t the book from my childhood.

After a while I tracked it down. The book was written by Jane O’Brien. I managed to find a single copy on eBay. While the cover was pretty beat up, the inside was in pretty good shape. After I received it I opened it up, this was definitely the one I remembered.

Since this book remains a rarity, I’m not currently seeing any copies available online, I thought it might be nice to share this with everyone. I’ve put together a full video readthrough of the book which you can check out below!

If you’d like to read the book on your own. I’ve scanned and added this full book to our downloads section so grab the PDF for yourselves here!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien literature news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

El Diablo

I had this book when I was a kid. Actually, I may have forgotten to return it to my school library and it may have been accidentally packed up when my family and I moved that summer. Oops. I remember it had some gruesome images from the movie I hadn't seen before and I got hold of it a few weeks before the release of ALIEN 3.

rockox

This is awesome, I've always wanted to read this. Thank you!! And a Happy Alien Day to you, sir!

Engineer

Oh nice! Thank you for this!!

Prez

That's awesome. I'd love to get this book! Thanks Ridge Top.

XO

Thanks so much! 

Mr. Clemens

First photo in the book: topless Siggy and Veronica.  ;D

Kradan

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 27, 2023, 03:43:57 PMFirst photo in the book: topless Siggy and Veronica.  ;D

For the kiddies of course

RidgeTop

Quote from: El Diablo on Apr 26, 2023, 06:02:40 PMI had this book when I was a kid. Actually, I may have forgotten to return it to my school library and it may have been accidentally packed up when my family and I moved that summer. Oops. I remember it had some gruesome images from the movie I hadn't seen before and I got hold of it a few weeks before the release of ALIEN 3.

Hope you still have it!

Xenomrph

Oh f**k! I read this book at the local public library as a kid and then spent the last 20 years thinking my mind had made it up! This is amazing!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed