NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 97,368 times)

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

The alien looks goofy. No proportion at all, small head, huge hands (hands which look nothing like the workshop sculpts of this new design). Notice there aren't details like the exposed 'achilles tendons' on the feet you can see in the trailer.

P.s I don't collect figures, I used to collect and airbrush the old Halcyon kits as a kid though.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Apr 26, 2017, 04:00:57 PM
The alien looks goofy. No proportion at all, small head, huge hands (hands which look nothing like the workshop sculpts of this new design). Notice there aren't details like the exposed 'achilles tendons' on the feet you can see in the trailer.

P.s I don't collect figures, I used to collect and airbrush the old Halcyon kits as a kid though.

Sadly I have to quote that one to one about the NECA Covenant creature. Quite bad, but maybe a WIP prototype shown.

And as well I have to quote the Halcyon kits. Have them all and still see them as the best made modelkits in this franchise, even though they are injection plastic ones.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

the alien looks great. Is the other supposed to be daniels? looks more like vasquez. looking forward to the neo designs

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

For the Halcyon kits, a good work over with a file to get rid of the molding artefacts and some epoxy resin for the gaps. Seamless. Although I get I'm preaching to the choir here. I've never been so obsessed with the colour green when it came to the Dropship and the APC 'Khaki Green' will never leave my mind. 

The alien warrior was just perfect in scale. You could even use a needle and scrape out definition to grooves so when the paint was applied detail would still pop out.

I think my enthusiasm for the series was forged here, by constantly rewinding tapes of the films making sure weathering and colour was right. You know what though, I have no idea where the hell they've gone. I suspect they were given to a local hopsice as toys by my parents after I left as they were in the garage last I recall. When I asked my mom about where all the Star Wars toys (mostly boxed) she said probably a jumble sale.

Keep yer boxes kids!

bobby brown

bobby brown

I like the Alien as well. Randy said on twitter he is going to share another picture on the subject later today....

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 26, 2017, 04:07:29 PM
the alien looks great. Is the other supposed to be daniels? looks more like vasquez. looking forward to the neo designs

That's the Kenner Vasquez that Neca are releasing as a club exclusive

newagescamartist

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 26, 2017, 03:16:40 PM
Makes me think there are two different alien designs in the film, that or neca based this figure on an unfinished production design.

I'm starting to think the same. If I remember correctly it was the xenomorph that was supposed to be under lock and key until release day, but now it's the neomorph that is being hidden. That and the design of the xeno figure looks...well, not much like the creature we're seeing in the trailers. Of course we haven't gotten great looks at it or the toy yet, it just seems awkward looking.

drsmuts

drsmuts

When I saw the picture I just thought it was a slightly modded big chap to go with the New Vasquez. The awkward pose doesn't do it any favours either.
Wonder if the studio bringing the movie forward several months has has any effect?

Grasshopperus

Grasshopperus

What an AWFUL design. The tail is to long, the head isn't phallic enough, the pipes are crooked, the teeth are too sharp, the inner jaw isn't the right color, it looks to much like a crocodile, the right knee isn't aligned properly with the proper flow of the left elbow, it talks in the theater, it supports Anne Coulter's right to speak at Berkley, it doesn't have an entire engine block sticking out of its butt, it doesn't egg morph, it thinks the predalien should have mandibles, it's chin is to square, it's right hand is 2/10's of a docklemeter wider than the left hand, it thinks Predator 2 "is fine I guess", it has to many teeth, it has to few fingers, its pinky toes are bent weirdly inward. Most of all though, it bears absolutely no resemblance to the Big Chap from the original movie.

I miss Giger.

Huggs

Huggs

That Alien looks like it's about to attempt the dreaded "Triple Indy". ;D

drsmuts

drsmuts

New photo on Twitter....looks miles better!

bobby brown

bobby brown

Ok, This picture ain't that great ... I like the overall design, but this figure is a bit dumb looking.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Its so....fleshy

drsmuts

drsmuts

I like it. A shame that odd picture of it came out first. I'll definitely pick one up.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 26, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

Ok, This picture ain't that great ... I like the overall design, but this figure is a bit dumb looking.
Yeah, it definitely does look pretty goofy. Such a shame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed