What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 589,429 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 09, 2022, 06:05:35 PMGuess who has gone and got covid after just having had the flu? I'm sick of these last 6 weeks.

Mucinex is your friend sir. Each time I had COVID Mucinex, multi-vites, and lots of fluids.

So tonight my littlest, oldest boy ferret "Taz" died. It was not a quiet death either. I held him as he wheezed, cried, shuddered and finally let go. With everything else that's been going on lately I have not yet been able to cry or express any real grief. I'm like Riggs in Lethal Weapon after Murtaugh and him have their fight in the restaurant "I'm gonna go get something to eat." I just feel a malaise. Systems overloaded.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Oct 10, 2022, 02:57:52 AMSo tonight my littlest, oldest boy ferret "Taz" died. It was not a quiet death either. I held him as he wheezed, cried, shuddered and finally let go. With everything else that's been going on lately I have not yet been able to cry or express any real grief. I'm like Riggs in Lethal Weapon after Murtaugh and him have their fight in the restaurant "I'm gonna go get something to eat." I just feel a malaise. Systems overloaded.

I'm sorry to hear that mate. :(

Quote from: OpenMaw on Oct 10, 2022, 02:57:52 AMMucinex is your friend sir. Each time I had COVID Mucinex, multi-vites, and lots of fluids.

Taking all the flu and cold stuff, and drinking sooooo much. It's not hitting my like it has my mrs - she's having all the pains and etc - but it's mostly just making me even more tired and giving me a very runny nose.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I honestly don't think I've ever had flu.

Or if I have, it was so mild I didn't notice.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Probably been lucky and not had it then. Genuine influenza (as opposed to "a flu") really kicks your ass, it's not like the common cold at all in my experience.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My taste has really dulled. Not entirely gone, but not far off it.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Hope you feel better, Corporal! I just got over COVID a couple weeks back myself.

It was my first time having it and I lost my taste and smell for 3 days and the chest pains were pretty scary to experience. Fun way to spend my birthday, followed by having to put my kitty to sleep due to liver failure. Then hurricane Ian hit... and now just starting to get settled into the new place after moving this weekend. It's been an exhausting few weeks- to say the least (emotionally, physically and financially).  :P

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

So one of my neighbours had to stash his truck in my driveway today because of the mayhem going on in his part of the street after an old fella died and all the vultures showed up. Problem is, that blocked in our car, so we've been driving his vehicle today, and riding shotgun repeatedly in that means my clothes and hair stink of dog. I'm really not used to that, and it's making me feel ill even after a change of clothes, I think I'll have to shower to be fully rid of it. I don't know how you pooch owners do it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Some dogs stink more than others!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

This one isn't even especially odorous usually, but that seat has infested me with the hair curling stench of ten Mordors. Nobody else seems to notice though, so I assume it's a "me" problem.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Had seen the NECA Prowler figure on some UK based websites so was hoping it might actually be in the geek shop I go to sometimes. Went with my birthday pennies in hand to find it not there.  :'(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

That old familiar "existential dread and sense of impending doom" feeling has crept back into my head over the last week or so. I've been doing really well recently in that regard, to the point I didn't notice it slowly leaving and had actually forgotten about it entirely til now. Hopefully I'll be too busy for it again soon but for now, it's a doozy.

kwisatz

kwisatz

^ Definitely can relate

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 29, 2022, 03:06:43 PMThat old familiar "existential dread and sense of impending doom" feeling has crept back into my head over the last week or so. I've been doing really well recently in that regard, to the point I didn't notice it slowly leaving and had actually forgotten about it entirely til now. Hopefully I'll be too busy for it again soon but for now, it's a doozy.

Still getting to me quite badly. I guess it's because I'm stuck in a bit of a limbo waiting to hear from the bank (been waiting a week for a call back from the time they said it'd be, and keep getting the run around when we chase it up) before I can pull the trigger on what I feel I should be doing, and I'm too stressed out to really do any of the creative things I normally kill time with.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Since your bank is giving you the runaround, I'd start off by filing a complaint, but not directly to them (from the sound of it, contacting them directly won't help). Here in California, I'd go to the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation. Not sure where you're located, but I'm sure there is something similar.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

6 stillbirths out of 7 today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed