Charles Bishop & Peter: two sides of the same character

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Feb 03, 2019, 01:01:35 AM

Author
Charles Bishop & Peter: two sides of the same character (Read 6,006 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 02:26:24 PM
RoP lol.

Literally canon. Confirmed by Hicks himself.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 04, 2019, 01:41:20 PM
However even then the WYR book states that implantation does not occur at the end of the process but somewhere in middle, it stays on to ensure the implant is secure.

Where does it say this?

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 02:27:18 PM
That's a limp argument. Why would they lie about the host dying?

I didn't say they did, I said Bishop's reading notes- which may or may not be accurate concerning embryo implantation.

"The colony's only surgeon made a single incision across the creature's back and was sprayed with less than an ounce of organic acid across the face and throat. Organism was pulled free by two medtechs and secured in a specimen jar. Evidence in blood panels of toxic chemical dump at the time of removal, patient died from MI brought on by traumatic shock and poisoning."

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 02:33:06 PM
I didn't say they did, I said Bishop's reading notes- which may or may not be accurate concerning embryo implantation.
Unless the bodies popped later, he was right.

Samhain13

Where does it say this?

"After delivery of the necrotrophic embryo, the facehugger stays attached to the host until the implantation is secure; times appear to range from twenty minutes to sixteen hours."

- WYR, page 16.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 04, 2019, 02:29:40 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 02:26:24 PM
RoP lol.

Literally canon. Confirmed by Hicks himself.

And I suppose because TRW came out after the "reboot" I have to consider that canon too? Despite the blatant contradiction of  the Alien using gear to survive in space when Isolation, Dead Orbit and Covenant show they don't need it?

No, I don't consider that part of the argument and I won't- same goes for RoP.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 02:34:22 PM
Unless the bodies popped later, he was right.

Well then, based upon what we know from other media- they would've had to.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 04, 2019, 02:36:40 PM
Where does it say this?

"After delivery of the necrotrophic embryo, the facehugger stays attached to the host until the implantation is secure; times appear to range from twenty minutes to sixteen hours."

- WYR, page 16.

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 02:36:56 PM
And I suppose because TRW came out after the "reboot" I have to consider that canon too?

I just post here. Anything that has to do with the canon division, Hicks has the final word.

SiL

Since when's that standard procedure?

Frosty Venom

That gear may have had a different use but it was just a character's interpretation that it helped them survive in space.

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 02:48:29 PM
Since when's that standard procedure?

Standard procedure is to accept what Fox tells you.

The Old One

The Old One

Ah that's a bunch-a horseshit, we can argue without that!
(When Fox contradicts themselves, films > other media.)

SM

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 04, 2019, 12:28:58 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 12:25:03 PM
The actor who played Lope said he got infected through the acid burn on his cheek.

Oh no. That's worse than the idea of Xenomorphs having the ability to regenerate completely after death.

Considering David fixed a patch to the acid burn on his cheek - it's not even remotely worse.

Stitch

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 02:51:55 PM
Yup, Fox are the ones who are the cause of the canonicity arguments in the first place! If they kept everything straight and didn't release contradictory elements, we'd have no reason to shout and insult each other!  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

It's just 'cause there's not a lot of incentive to buy something if FOX declares it non-canon before it even releases, even if that makes more sense for  entries regarding continuity. (TRW, Titan Trilogy, F&S, L&D.)

yhe1

lol this will once again turn into a canon thread

SM

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 04, 2019, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 02:51:55 PM
Yup, Fox are the ones who are the cause of the canonicity arguments in the first place! If they kept everything straight and didn't release contradictory elements, we'd have no reason to shout and insult each other!  :laugh:

It's a film franchise.  Films don't have to maintain consistency with other media, and the other media can only try and maintain consistency with the films.  Licensing doesn't have a crystal ball.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed