Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel?

Started by Berend, Nov 14, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Author
Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel? (Read 13,644 times)

trilobite

trilobite

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 10:47:24 AM
I've had the idea for a while of how they could correct something a lot of people didn't like, by David being confronted by the Engineers with their own Aliens (that are ancient) and condemning his facsimiles and his pride.

Does this idea leave the space jockey intact as ancient, and not David

PierreVW

My answer is YES!. I want to see a Queen in Scott's new entry.

But only IF David creates the Queen. LOL....

Highland

Quote from: PierreVW on Dec 06, 2017, 01:13:44 AM

With Pulse Rifels attached to her back.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Highland on Dec 06, 2017, 02:07:34 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 05, 2017, 09:48:02 AM
I could see David entering some kind of an engineer locale... Feeling... Pride of some sort. he thinks he's got the upper hand. He's superior... His creations are thriving, destroying everything in their path, and he is free...

... and then a door opens, revealing...

...Engineers, unleashing their creations upon David and his own progeny.

I hope someone at Fox or Disney now has someone checking these forums and take this idea since it would redeem the last two films, and nicely close David's arc.

I've had the idea for a while of how they could correct something a lot of people didn't like, by David being confronted by the Engineers with their own Aliens (that are ancient) and condemning his facsimiles and his pride.

Perhaps those ancient Aliens are Giger's Biomechanoid dark angels. That would be sweet. 

Alionic

Yeah, Disney execs figured having the Xenos learn how to use guns was a good idea.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Highland on Dec 06, 2017, 12:38:02 AM
It's a cool concept and fixes a heap of stuff. Even turns it into what a lot of us were hoping for. I really don't see it happening though, not on the budget that's likely for the third movie. I'd dig just one cool Engineer and a couple of Aliens though, it doesn't have to be all out space war.

A lower number would work for me too. I think I'd like to see it played out on a larger, more epic scale but I'd be happy taking it on a smaller scale if it "fixed" the whole Aliens being a decade or so old thing.

pew pew

Highland

Could possibly be concept art for next film or the Alien that burst from Apone.

Jonesy1974

I really like this idea. It would definitely appease many peoples main concerns and be dramatically very satisfying.

Scorpio

Sounds too much like fan service.  Damage control to appease fans.

Corporal Hicks

Fan service as damage control to fix some previous fan service as damage control for a non-issue. :laugh:

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 06, 2017, 10:56:42 AM
Sounds too much like fan service.  Damage control to appease fans.

This is the first time I've probably agreed with you. Scorpio, you aint that bad, lets watch Aliens together and we can play with our pulse rifles.

Jonesy1974

It doesn't matter if its fan service if it works and I think that could work and feel like a natural progression of the story.

TWJones

If Ridley is going to address the fact that the original Space Jockey was ancient, and the temples in Prometheus were ancient; this idea seems to be the only logical way to tie up the loose ends. That what David has created is in fact inferior to what the Engineers have already created.

David has some serious aspirations (as based on the Advent feature) to use his creations to "rule the galaxy." The next film would not be interesting story-wise if David remains at the top of the hill. There needs to be a plot line that topples him, and a far more sophisticated Alien creature, created on an unknown off-world base, that comes into the picture to destroy what David has done seems to be the only way this story can properly advance.

Baron Von Marlon

The Engineers use their own aliens. But it turns out they're made out of 3rd humanoid race.
Bam! Universe expanded.

But I think it's more logical we get to see Engineers and humans VS David and xenomorphs.
Or everyone vs everyone else. All out war. No one survives but the individual(s) on board the Derelict.

TWJones

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 06, 2017, 04:51:07 PM
The Engineers use their own aliens. But it turns out they're made out of 3rd humanoid race.
Bam! Universe expanded.

But I think it's more logical we get to see Engineers and humans VS David and xenomorphs.
Or everyone vs everyone else. All out war. No one survives but the individual(s) on board the Derelict.

Could be, but Ridley referenced The War of the Worlds, and in that story there is a force tearing down the world while humanity tries to figure out how to stop it. And then it turns out that all of their weapons couldn't do what a few germs could.

It makes me wonder who is who in Ridley's WOTW scenario...the Engineers raining hell down on David and his colonist project, or David raining hell down on another planet. Who knows, but I'm in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed