Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 968,056 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Eh, the AI in older Civs didn't bother me (particularly 3 and Alpha Centauri, which I think were the series' highest points). Sure, they had a tendency to suddenly attack you without warning or any coherent plan to win, and sometimes even if you'd maintained a good relationship and were much stronger than them, but it made life interesting. Civ 5 AI's more predictable and makes more sense, but it has more of a bully mentality that's not so fun to interact with.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I haven't played many turn-based games, aside from Alpha Centauri and Civ 3 so I can't comment. All I know is that in RTS games, devs develop their AI without much intelligence.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 28, 2014, 08:55:36 AM
Quote from: Eva on Oct 27, 2014, 10:12:56 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 25, 2014, 07:41:24 AM
The new Civilization game came out yesterday. I have already racked up 13 hours, and am very pissed off at my frail sleep-needing human body depriving me of playing time.

I'll try some more Civ V games, now that my brother offered me his version of the game, including all the extras. I remember the last game I played with the new City State civ (can't remember the name of course). Won big time, allied with all the remaining city states in the game lol.

That's the only way you can win on the highest difficulty levels - AI get ridiculous amounts of free money, production, science and happiness, but they spend it all on buying vast armies, territory and buildings; they never buy off city states. So even if the AI factions are fighting with jet fighters and tanks while you're still fielding cannons and knights, you can still win a diplomatic victory if you focus on your economy.
Venice (the City State faction) is a great choice for that, because they get 2x the number of trade routes. Unless you have a money-earning religion, trade routes are the only way to generate decent cashflow in Civ 5.

Just remember to build up a large military ASAP or the AI will kerbstomp you as soon as their territory encroaches on yours. My main dislike about Civ 5 (and I'm including Beyond Earth in that) is the way the AI is programmed to handle warfare - they'll only attack you when they have a massive advantage. If you keep pace on tech and army size, they'll never pick a fight, making all that sexy military tech pointless. And personally I find that picking a fight myself makes me feel like a psychopath.

Yes it was Venice. :)

I had some 4-5 cities under my control in the end. Didn't need more. And yes, the trade routes are vital for Venice. The gold income was obscene, which allowed me to buy all remaining City States and win a diplomatic victory, despite having a much smaller military than all other civs.

Gonna try Brazil, The Inca or go full warmonger with The Mongols in the next one I play.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The AI in Company of Heroes is not that bad. Compared to some lulz AI like in Red Alert 2 at least. In Brood War the AI is unstoppable force but its cheating. It always have infinite resources - cheap.

Huol

Huol

Doesn't CoH ai have a huge problem with tanks? I remember finding the entire enemy forces stuck together in a giant mass of treads and metal at the edge of the map, doing nothing, although maybe that was Coh2, I dunno.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I never encountered such thing in CoH 1.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Still plodding through Evil Within. 

Still find it not scary and somewhat spastic.  It isn't terrible but not that great either. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Grand Theft Auto V

Fatal Frame II

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Minecraft: 360 Edition

So I started a new survival world in which I started building a tunnel down to bed rock, along the way making a big cubby hole to live in for now, and when I reached bedrock I went up 10 levels then started branch mining. In todays session  of branch mining I found 17 diamonds, which I've left alone for now to see if I can get a pick-axe with fortune to increase the amount of diamonds I get.

I've also explored half the world, found 2 villages and I looted a desert temple where I found 3 diamonds.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 31, 2014, 02:49:52 AM
Minecraft: 360 Edition

So I started a new survival world in which I started building a tunnel down to bed rock, along the way making a big cubby hole to live in for now, and when I reached bedrock I went up 10 levels then started branch mining. In todays session  of branch mining I found 17 diamonds, which I've left alone for now to see if I can get a pick-axe with fortune to increase the amount of diamonds I get.

I've also explored half the world, found 2 villages and I looted a desert temple where I found 3 diamonds.

I think you're the biggest Minecraft fan I know.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 23, 2012, 09:22:46 AM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 23, 2012, 09:15:21 AM
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.

How are you liking it?

It was ok!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lol, thanks :P

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 31, 2014, 12:28:25 PM
Lol, thanks :P
No problem! I try to answer questions in a timely manner :)

tavianini19

tavianini19

I just got to
Spoiler
the hive
[close]
in Alien Isolation. Shit just got serious real fast.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I just beat The Walking Dead Season 2, I've never felt this drained from a game ever since I've beaten the first one.
Spoiler
I chose to stay with kenny, I felt like that was the best ending, Jane was only in it for herself. I liked the ending, and I hope season 3 has a new cast of characters but still gives me the chance to kill that little Russian shit
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed