Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 977,077 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't really dislike DS3, other than the moons, which I thought was a silly concept.  Exploring multiple locations in space and on land, I actually enjoyed. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The DLC for Dead Space 3 is pretty great.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 15, 2023, 09:42:10 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Feb 15, 2023, 05:34:30 AMStill on Hi-Fi Rush. In general it's still good, but the difficulty towards the end ramps up to the point where the rhythm part of the game gets lost a little, because there's so much going on. Kinda disappointing because the rhythm based attacks are what sets it apart from other spectacle fighters.

Little bit flabby in the middle, too, and could maybe use being cut down a bit.

Still good.

I've been hearing good things about that one. I'll have to try it since it's on Game Pass.

On my second playthrough of the Dead Space remake and also just finished Dead Space 2 again for the first time since I originally did in 2011. Both are so good. Dreading Dead Space 3 but I'll be giving it it's fair shot I never did back in 2013.

Hi-fi Rush is definitely worth playing if you have game pass.

DS3 I played not long ago, and although it's not as good as the first two, it's not as bad as people say. I actually really like how it becomes an adaptation of At The Mountains of Madness by HP Lovecraft.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 15, 2023, 10:01:44 PMI didn't really dislike DS3, other than the moons, which I thought was a silly concept.  Exploring multiple locations in space and on land, I actually enjoyed. 

Funny that, the moons are one of the few things I liked about it, what they did to Ellie's character's the most horrific thing in it.

I love the lore and locations in it, the unique ones anyway, Isaac Clarke's always great.

Sadly like the Multiplayer of DS2, the Co-op of DS3's novel, but unlike DS2 compromised many design choices to make it work such as a two weapon limit, universal ammo and bullet spongy enemies, even having the fodder deincentivise dismemberment.

Similarly the weapon crafting makes some sense given the setting, but some combinations make a joke of combat in ways that the foam finger can't even compete with, that's to say nothing of occasional combat against human enemies or the wild character of Norton you have to put up with for half the playtime.

In spite of itself, I still enjoy it, because even a compromised Dead Space still makes most other videogames look like a waste of time comparatively.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm a solo guy, so the MP and the coop didn't really change how I feel about DS3 or DS2.  Both functioned well enough without them

DS3 had to have been awhile since I played because I don't even remember DLC for it. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I watched a Youtube video. Interested by what I saw, I decided to play 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind' for the first time.

I'm no Tamriel scholar, but Morrowind's quirky portrayal was described as unique and almost alien. ;D👉👈

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Return To Monkey Island, and enjoying it a lot, except for the maze part.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 16, 2023, 06:39:06 PMI'm a solo guy, so the MP and the coop didn't really change how I feel about DS3 or DS2.  Both functioned well enough without them

DS3 had to have been awhile since I played because I don't even remember DLC for it. 
DS3 is best experienced in co-op to be honest, they do some cool things with Carver. Playing as Carver is different from Isaac in significant ways.

The DLC is actually scary in ways the main DS3 game should have been, and it ends
Spoiler
on the wildest cliffhanger this side of Half Life 2: Episode 2
[close]

I recently watched a "lore" video for Dead Space 2's multiplayer content and how it slots into the timeline of Dead Space 2 and the broader context of its events, it was pretty neat.

I'm currently trying to play the Metroid games in timeline-order, and am partway through Metroid: Zero Mission.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Finished Metroid Zero Mission, now playing Metroid Prime Remastered.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Wanted to remind myself why this is my favourite video game of all time before I have another go through A Thief's End. The graphics aren't what they once were, even on the remaster (the lighting is the biggest culprit), but it's still the benchmark for singleplayer action adventure as far as I'm concerned. The character interactions are superb and some of the set pieces are just insanely cinematic; I've never played another game that felt so close to being a movie. It's also the only game I can ever remember playing where I was sad that it was over purely because it was over.

Stitch

Stitch

I've been struggling to play Shadow Warrior 3, but it runs so badly that it's not great.

I was playing on steam deck and there's a lot of stutter because it's an Unreal engine game, so I thought I'd load it up on Xbox One X, and it gives me massive black squares on the screen. Neither is a good time :s

Wweyland

Wweyland

Been playing Plants vs. Zombies for old times sake and introducing it to my son

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 03, 2023, 12:40:36 AMBeen playing Plants vs. Zombies for old times sake and introducing it to my son

Good man

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 03, 2023, 12:40:36 AMBeen playing Plants vs. Zombies for old times sake and introducing it to my son

I have never played that game.

Stitch

Stitch

Resident Evil: Village looks and feels amazing on PSVR2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed