Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 972,258 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Feb 14, 2023, 01:31:11 AMImagine spending all that money on a game that you weren't even that interested in playing just to spite some people who criticized it in a obscure Internet forum lol

Seen worse.

Spoiler

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2023, 01:33:10 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 14, 2023, 01:26:38 AMYes it is extremism absolutism to say your money goes towards a transphobe.

::)

So thanks I guess.

Am I supposed to feel guilt or something? People did speak in ignorance because it does not affect them personally, I informed them why, not that they ought to change their behaviour just be aware of the implications inherent in their choices.

If anything you proved my point.

You essentially put your bruised ego above the lives of real people, and yet still claim to support trans people, I call that the peak of intellectual dishonesty.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Feb 14, 2023, 01:31:11 AMImagine spending all that money on a game that you weren't even that interested in playing just to spite some people who criticized it in a obscure Internet forum lol

Not the own you think it is

Her money, her choice. At the end, she's... crazy rich  :)

@BlueMarsalis79
She put her bruised ego above the lives of real people? This is some new level of absurdity. Please, carry on ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Buying a product out of spite, when claiming to support a minority, whilst that product directly leads to the targeting of a minority...

Pretty much the definition of letting your bruised ego take the wheel.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Bruised ego doesn't have that much to do with it.

Sure I have a dramatic and crazy flair but when it comes to serious business I, again, stand by the trans people who have been attacked and bullied by the very hypocrites who claim to support trans people, all over the fact that they like a video game, something I empathize with as someone with autism.

You speak of ignorance yet the whole time you've been ignorant to their plight just because they don't see things you're way, despite the fact that it's the very kind of attacking and bullying that all trans people and those who support them should be rallying against so that they don't have to be afraid and isolated, nor feel the need to commit suicide out of fear and loneliness and helplessness, something I myself know all about first hand.

That is what I stand for and if you don't like it well then I really don't care, at this point I just think all you care about is just winning the argument.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I am ignorant to their plight because I have not once encountered it personally, I do not doubt that it exists though, it is not okay to bully anyone over their choice of product. (Within reason ribbing among friends excluded)

But whether they personally purchase it or not, the royalties go towards JK Rowling, and more purchases enable more rhetoric and "Gender Critical" activism.

That in of itself? Not up for debate. Pretty much my stance. 

Ingwar

Ingwar

Boycotting the game (and bullying gamers on twitch) by trans people and their supporters wil cause more damage to their case than if they didn't do anything about it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is probably inconsequential to anyone but the terminally online.

People are incapable of not being reactionary on the internet. A rare "both sides" for real.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Social media have massive impact on people's views. Especially young people who are enjoying the game. Sadly trans people are digging their own graves. Karma will hit back. This is the way it is

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Institutionalised bigotry's doing more of that than reception to one videogame's profiteer.

Ingwar

Ingwar

You're being unfair. Imagine you were born 100 years ago. Like it or not but we as a society changed for better. Unfortunately a lot of people, especially young ones, don't appreciate world they live in. They always moan, complain, get angry about little things, intoxicate their minds with unnecessary stuff and so on.I'm not saying it's perfect world we live in. It's far from it, but it's still better than what it was.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah true, the world wasn't good enough then, and it isn't good enough now.

Ingwar

Ingwar

But it's still better than it was and never will be perfect. Never.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Everyone's idea of perfection's different, I just want good enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed