The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 468,848 times)

Magegg

Magegg

My opinion is that they're streamlining to a premature end for the series because there's no chance they can stretch until the book series reaches a conclussions... So, they're putting some wheels in motion to deliver a satisfying ending on its own

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

The books start getting real ponderous and wandering so frankly it's amazing what the show is doing. Boiling down the plot to the interesting, relevant bits and, well ... getting on with the show.

They already know how it's going to end from Martin so any changes they make I trust will be better for a visual medium anyway. Bring it on!

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jun 02, 2015, 11:03:27 AM
Spoiler

What you guys think 'bout Jorah and his infection? I guess there will be an ambush of the Sons of the Harpy in the arena (if i remember correctly there was such a scene in the trailer?) and he will give his life to save Daenerys and finally redeem himself...and touches her while doing it, boom Grayscale.

On the other hand...he might win the arena fights, as the winner he earns the opportunity to face Daenerys (Gladiator anyone?). Once again she outcasts him, this finally crushes his hopes an he's out for vengeance - and touches her, boom Grayscale.

Cure? Shireen is the proof it can be stopped, Stannis knows the healer...in exchange, he needs her army and dragons to defend the kingdom.

Or maybe he infects the whole population or at least Daenerys troops, might finally drive her crazy and cross the sea to bring some dragon love over the kingdom.

Of cource it won't go down that route, just a little mindgame  :laugh:

And how 'bout Ramsay? Stannis troops are already in a bad shape...maybe he manages to do some serious damage to Stannis, some kind of ambush or a ruse to get the Wildlings and Stannis' troops to fight each other. And Stannis, i a desperate act, finally obeys Mellisandre's king's blood sacrifical plans.

[close]

Spoiler
I think there is a very strong possibility that Mereen gets completely wiped out by the infection. It would be tragic but necessary for Danaerys' development into a real rule. She needs a hit to the ego.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 02, 2015, 10:14:19 PM
They already know how it's going to end from Martin so any changes they make I trust will be better for a visual medium anyway. Bring it on!

I believe that's already happened. I remember seeing that information making the rounds a while back.

Great conclusion to the last episode. Didn't see it coming. What sword did John use at the end? His own?

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Here's the real mystery of GOT:

Where the f**k is Gendry?

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Still rowing...guess he missed King's Landing, in the after credits of episode 10 you will see him arrive at Braavos.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2015, 07:19:46 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 02, 2015, 10:14:19 PM

I believe that's already happened. I remember seeing that information making the rounds a while back.

Great conclusion to the last episode. Didn't see it coming. What sword did John use at the end? His own?

Yeah the one Commander Mormont gave him.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Was that Valyrian steel? I can't remember.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 05, 2015, 09:02:21 AM
Here's the real mystery of GOT:

Where the f**k is Gendry?
That's what I've been trying to say you!!

Also, I wonder if cancer rocker guy will be allowed to reprise his role as Ilyn Payne.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2015, 03:06:49 PM

Yep. When he was given the sword there was a big hoohah over it and im sure Sam mentioned it was made from Valyrian steel. Cool moment that.
Spoiler
The look on the white walkers face reminded of the bit in LOTR when Aragon locks swords with the king under the mountain.
[close]

Samayel

Samayel

Aye, the sword was an heirloom of House Mormont named Long Claw.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

The "Beautiful Death" poster for episode 8 is just fantastic.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I didn't know Darth Maul was in the show. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samayel on Jun 05, 2015, 11:05:47 PM

Nice. So I guess there's a bit more to the steel.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2015, 02:15:23 PM
Quote from: Samayel on Jun 05, 2015, 11:05:47 PM

Nice. So I guess there's a bit more to the steel.

Yeah. Forged by dragon fire, that along with obsidian are the only things that can kill White Walkers. After Tywin melted down and reforged Ned Starks sword, where did one of them go? I know Brienne has one. Jamie has the other?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed