The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,254 times)

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

I love Olenna Tyrell. Cersei's f**ked  :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 20, 2015, 01:21:31 PM
Tyrion's talk with Jorah was great. Cercei is being an idiot with what she's trying to pull on the Tyrells. Wtf is going on with Arya it's kind of annoying. I don't think anybody wants her to become "nobody" and forget her desire for revenge and love for family.

Spoiler
We've seen Ramsay for a while now. As despicable as he is he's a fun character to watch. I never thought in a million years that his story and Sansa's would ever cross, much less this. I can't believe he's the one to take Sansa's virginity. Absolutely horrible. Out of all the characters, geez. Even Joffrey would've been better. Poor Sansa  :'(
[close]

The Arya stuff has been streamlined, believe it or not  :laugh: Arya having to choose between becoming no-one or retaining the vengeful parts of herself makes for interesting drama, don't you think?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Valaquen on May 22, 2015, 07:28:39 PM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 20, 2015, 01:21:31 PM
Tyrion's talk with Jorah was great. Cercei is being an idiot with what she's trying to pull on the Tyrells. Wtf is going on with Arya it's kind of annoying. I don't think anybody wants her to become "nobody" and forget her desire for revenge and love for family.

Spoiler
We've seen Ramsay for a while now. As despicable as he is he's a fun character to watch. I never thought in a million years that his story and Sansa's would ever cross, much less this. I can't believe he's the one to take Sansa's virginity. Absolutely horrible. Out of all the characters, geez. Even Joffrey would've been better. Poor Sansa  :'(
[close]

The Arya stuff has been streamlined, believe it or not  :laugh: Arya having to choose between becoming no-one or retaining the vengeful parts of herself makes for interesting drama, don't you think?

Good lord.

And no not to me personally. For the character herself I'm sure it's a great dilemma but for the viewers it really isn't. I think most are wanting her not to change by this point. Everybody was relieved she didn't throw Needle and although that scene was dramatic I think for the most part the one sided-ness of the dillemma kills the drama. And I think most people would not only be disappointed but loose a good amount of interest in Arya if she goes through with that.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

How is Arya becoming a badass faceless assassin not awesome?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't seen season 5 yet, but Arya's stuff in books 4 and 5 is among my favorite parts of the series.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Best episode since The Purple Wedding.

Spoiler

Finally, Cersei is going to get what's coming to her! It feels like she gets let off so much, too often. Olenna and Littlefinger, you crafty bastards.
Thank f**k Bronn's okay. That scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I actually kinda like the Sands Snakes, for the first time.
Let's see if Tyrion can put Dany right. Safe to say, with greyscale plot, she won't be killing Jorah. The meeting scene was great, it'll be iconic.
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Good episode, the best was Cersei

Spoiler
[close]

I wonder if Jorah
Spoiler
could be saved from the greyscale
[close]

Master

Master

Very good episode in deed. Loved Cersei arc twist and this Tyene Sand scene... oh my.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

So this was easily one of the best episodes of the series so far. So glad the season is going full speed ahead now. Holy shit the last chapter of this episode  :o And it ended perfectly creepy too, with little sound even as the credits rolled.

Spoiler
Finally Theon tells Sansa that her brothers are alive!!!! Cercei finally getting some just desserts, finally! Tyrion and Danaerys talking and just being in the same room is awesome. It felt so new since they've always been so apart, even though we're so familiar with them individually. And that final battle with some 28 Days Later/World War Z proportions. Geezus. Those White Walkers. Giants fighting zombies. This episode had a little bit of everything!!!

Aryas part is still a bit boring though. It's a bit better at least. Glad to see her in sunlight as opposed to the dark and gloom of the House of B&W.
[close]

Such a great episode.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

I think this was the best episode of the season. However I think this has been the weakest of all five seasons. This episode was great and had character moments as well as good action. Hope the last two episodes are as good because so far it just has not been as good as the previous four seasons.

Spoiler
When Karsi (the wilding woman who fought with them) got reborn as a member of the undead she looked big time like Kerrigan from the Starcraft series when she was reborn as a Zerg.
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: HappyAlien on Jun 01, 2015, 10:39:55 AM
I think this was the best episode of the season. However I think this has been the weakest of all five seasons. This episode was great and had character moments as well as good action. Hope the last two episodes are as good because so far it just has not been as good as the previous four seasons.

Spoiler
When Karsi (the wilding woman who fought with them) got reborn as a member of the undead she looked big time like Kerrigan from the Starcraft series when she was reborn as a Zerg.
[close]

Yeah this season hasn't been as great as the previous seasons but this episode makes it worth it :P

Keg

Keg

I really didn't expect that last 15 minutes of the episode. I thought it was building up to something, setting the scene for the next episode or somewhere further down the line, but when the shit hit the fan so suddenly that was awesome.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Hell yeah it was. Completely unexpected.

Here's a good recap that sums up my thoughts on this development:

Spoiler

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Spoiler

What you guys think 'bout Jorah and his infection? I guess there will be an ambush of the Sons of the Harpy in the arena (if i remember correctly there was such a scene in the trailer?) and he will give his life to save Daenerys and finally redeem himself...and touches her while doing it, boom Grayscale.

On the other hand...he might win the arena fights, as the winner he earns the opportunity to face Daenerys (Gladiator anyone?). Once again she outcasts him, this finally crushes his hopes an he's out for vengeance - and touches her, boom Grayscale.

Cure? Shireen is the proof it can be stopped, Stannis knows the healer...in exchange, he needs her army and dragons to defend the kingdom.

Or maybe he infects the whole population or at least Daenerys troops, might finally drive her crazy and cross the sea to bring some dragon love over the kingdom.

Of cource it won't go down that route, just a little mindgame  :laugh:

And how 'bout Ramsay? Stannis troops are already in a bad shape...maybe he manages to do some serious damage to Stannis, some kind of ambush or a ruse to get the Wildlings and Stannis' troops to fight each other. And Stannis, i a desperate act, finally obeys Mellisandre's king's blood sacrifical plans.

[close]

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

I find it admirable that DB Weiss and Benioff managed to trick us once again... this time
Spoiler
not with a death, but with a battle... no one... and I mean no one, saw that coming. Brilliant. After lackluster 7 episodes, this finally brings back the old feeling.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed