The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 466,199 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 09, 2014, 10:03:32 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 09, 2014, 10:02:39 PM
I don't mind him. My only issue is that he's such a massive disconnect from who they had last season. They didn't even try to make them look similar.

I'm glad they didn't. Still would have liked for him to have that blue beard though. 8)

Aye, wish they had the blue beard. Although, Ed Skrein's style of clothing was much closer to what I imagined than Michiel Huisman's.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 09, 2014, 10:02:39 PM
I don't mind him. My only issue is that he's such a massive disconnect from who they had last season. They didn't even try to make them look similar.

I thought he was a new character when I first saw him. Until I saw his swords I realized, oh thats him.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Some stills from "The Lion and the Rose".

Spoiler

[close]

Effectz

Effectz

Mate showed me a picture of Caligula beside Joffrey,uncanny resemblance.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 10, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

And now I'm picturing Joffrey prancing around naked in the rain.  :laugh:

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 10, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

I was hoping that was a macquete or prop of Joffrey's severed head. Only spoiler I wouldn't mind finding out lol

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just caught the season four premiere. Loved it 8)

Oberyn is absolutely fantastic. He even managed to steal the scene from Tyrion :D The Hound, one of my favorite characters, was as great as usual, too. The opening scene was ace as well.

Cannot wait for tomorrow's episode. It's going to be nice finally being able to keep up with this show as it airs.

Eva

Eva

Great 1st episode. So many one-liners from The Hound to choose from at that tavern.  :D

Yeah, it's nice to see them introduce a character not afraid to take on the Lannisters with a couple of well placed insults and a knife!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Martells are one of the coolest families in Westeros. The whole Dornish culture I really like. Glad to see them finally getting into the show.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 13, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
The Martells are one of the coolest families in Westeros. The whole Dornish culture I really like. Glad to see them finally getting into the show.

Agreed. I hope the show spends some time down in Dorne when the time comes, and doesn't brush over it.

Anyways, tonight's episode should be excellent!

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Managed to read ahead a little in A Clash of Swords (second attempt at reading the books) and I can happily say this next episode I am keen for. Fans are going to be so happy. One of those fleeting moments where you can be, before being swept away by another tragedy.

Spoiler
No one's missing you, you little bastard. Jack Gleeson is a fantastic actor though, how he brings this scene to life shall be interesting.
[close]

My mate has been aggravating lately, I shall smite him with spoilers.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Tonight's episode was fantastic.

Spoiler
As much as I wanted to smile, that was hard to watch. I am so glad that his reign is finished now, though.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

Spoiler
As much as I wanted to smile, that was hard to watch. I am so glad that his reign is finished now, though.
[close]

It's 4 AM here. I was just sitting here waiting for someone to post reactions. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 14, 2014, 01:56:43 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

Spoiler
[close]

It's 4 AM here. I was just sitting here waiting for someone to post reactions. :D

Haha, yup. Can't wait to see what the non-readers have to say!

Spoiler
And I have to say, as much as I hated Joffrey, Gleeson has done a fantastic job. Made the payoff tonight all the better. I salute you, man. Must be hard playing the most hated man in the world :D
[close]

Also, unrelated to the above...

Spoiler
I love what they did with Bran in his scene. I really, really hope we get to see (book character)
Spoiler
Coldhands
[close]
arrive soon.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't really see how they can skip dornish culture with the whole
Spoiler
Myrcella/Oakheart/Sand storyline though.
[close]

I will agree Gleeson is fantastic as Joffrey. 

Spoiler
And he really went into overdrive portraying bastard Joffrey during the characters final scenes.  You are doing a good job as a villain if people hate you on the street.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed