The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 466,213 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Congrats, man. Would love to read something about your character as well. :)

Gazz

Gazz

I can't actually remember much about the character. I remember he was a mercenary from beyond the wall nicknamed The Cold Death (real name Geraint, after myself  :P). I also had to show which house he belonged to, instead I wrote something like 'Snarling Wolf, Golden Lion or Strong Stag it matters not. They will meet a cold death all the same at the end of my Ice sword' which doesn't in any way sound like a euphemism.

m41guy

m41guy

That sounds like it was fun to do and congrats on placing!

What was the prize for 1st place? 

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Lucky bastid!  :o

Quote from: Gazz on Apr 11, 2013, 05:51:29 PM
Shame I already own both box sets on blu-ray.
I'll uh, heheh, happily take those off of your hands if you don't want 'em.  ;D

m41guy

m41guy

Ok, after watching episode 3 for like the 5th time
Spoiler
I do think the chamber boy is Ramsey, but in any case I want to see Theon's "escape"
[close]

Also, after thinking about possible confusion with the Brotherhood Without Banners, I don't mind the Bloody mummers being left out. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Absolutely fantastic episode. The season's just getting better and better.

The ending was just wonderful. And I'm genuinely curious to see what's going on with
Spoiler
Theon and the escape. That shit warn't in no book.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Gonna go out and get something to eat then come back and watch it. I am incredibly excite.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Prepare yourself for the pure, undiluted badassfullness that is the Blackfish.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Holy f**k.

I just finished.

Spoiler
The rock rendition of the Brotherhood Without Banners song during the credits... f**king AWESOME. Having it come on moments after Jaime get's his hand cut off was just brilliant.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2013, 05:53:21 AM
Holy f**k.

I just finished.

Spoiler
The rock redition of the Brotherhood Without Banners song during the credits... f**king AWESOME. Having it come on moments after Jamie get's his hand cut off was just brilliant.
[close]

Spoiler
Aye, I did a double take when I heard that rendition of The Bear and the Maiden Fair. Absolutely fantastic. Seems to be a tradition they've going now; getting a band to do a version of the famous Westeros songs when they finally make the appearance on the show, like what the National did with The Rains of Castamere.
[close]

EEV2650

EEV2650

That credit song took me out of the show entirely. Certainly wasnt appropriate for the mood. My favorite quote of this epsiode was

Spoiler
"Sit down, Podrick. We're going to need details. Copious details."
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

As a whole, this episode was a bit slow. Not bad though. Theon's escape is going to be interesting, as it was not a part of the book, so it's one of few characters where I have no idea what direction they are taking. Clive Russell was great as the Blackfish. You know just by looking at him that he's a badass.

The ending was great. Unfortunately, the music cut in half a minute to early and ruined the scene a bit. Next weeks episode is going to be great though. Daenerys is going to finish her deal and the Hound is going to go up against Dondarrion. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVGUSZZoYhw#ws

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 15, 2013, 03:56:46 PM
The ending was great. Unfortunately, the music cut in half a minute to early and ruined the scene a bit.
Jesus, that sucks. I heard about that happening elsewhere... very strange and terrible timing. How could they have not checked the editing sync in that region?!

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 15, 2013, 03:56:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVGUSZZoYhw#ws
Hoooly shiiit!  ;D

I have a feeling Daenerys isn't going to honor that deal in full. >:J

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2013, 06:47:00 PMJesus, that sucks. I heard about that happening elsewhere... very strange and terrible timing. How could they have not checked the editing sync in that region?!

It was acquired... elsewhere. :D

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2013, 06:47:00 PMHoooly shiiit!  ;D

I have a feeling Daenerys isn't going to honor that deal in full. >:J

You just wait and see. It was one of my favorite parts of A Storm of Swords. 8)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2013, 05:53:21 AM
Holy f**k.

I just finished.

Spoiler
The rock rendition of the Brotherhood Without Banners song during the credits... f**king AWESOME. Having it come on moments after Jaime get's his hand cut off was just brilliant.
[close]
Poor Jaime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXRjc00HvcU#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed