The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 472,920 times)

Master

Master

Shasvre

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Season 3 Premire Facebook Recap:

http://funni.ly/YZvzXQ

I hope they do this for every episode.  :laugh:

Michael Harper

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just watched the new episode and it was excellent. I love the new characters they introduced. Olenna Redwyne (a.k.a. The Queen of Thorns) was just as awesome as in the books and I'm glad she or the Tyrell family won't take any shit from Joffrey. I also loved the scene where Catelyn was talking about...

Spoiler
...Jon Snow.
[close]

Didn't expect that myself.

The Reed twins, the Brotherhood and Vargo Hoat are all setting up interesting things to come. 8)

And does anyone else think that...

Spoiler
The guy who told Theon that his sister had sent him really is Ramsay Snow?
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I thought the episode was fantastic. I loved Valar Dohaeris, but found Dark Wings, Dark Words to be remarkable.

Things I really enjoyed:

• The opening scene. The little moments from Winter Is Coming were wonderful (for a moment there I actually thought we were going to see Eddard Stark).
  • Jojen and Meera Reed were fantastic. A little older than in the book of course, but they played it exactly how I always imagined. I especially loved the scene between Osha and Meera.
  • The entire sequence with Olenna Tyrell (aka The Queen of Thorns). Diana Rigg played it with complete perfection. I cannot wait to see her and Peter Dinklage bounce off of one and other. I also think that Margaery Tyrell is slowly but surely becoming the best female character on this show. Natalie Dormer is playing it brilliant.
  • Thor of Myr! He is the f**king man! I mean, seriously, every scene he was in he just chewed it up. He is excellent! The Brotherhood Without Banners arc this season is going to be fantastic. The best line of the episode has gotta go to the Hound though: "what's the Stark bitch doing here?" (I think it was along those lines).
  • Catelyn's story to Tulisa regarding Jon Snow was pretty damn sad, helped by Ramin Djawadi's excellent score. I think it gave Catelyn more humanity. In the book she is pretty much
    Spoiler
    Lady Stoneheart, prior to dying and being resurrected
    [close]
    , in regards to the way she treats Jon Snow.
  • Everything with Jaime and Brienne. Jaime winding her up. The fight. It was all fantastic.
  • Theon! And...
    Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 08, 2013, 07:36:06 AM
    And does anyone else think that...

Spoiler
    The guy who told Theon that his sister had sent him really is Ramsay Snow?
    [close]
    I do!

At the moment, I can't remember everything, I'll have to rewatch the episode. But, I thought it was excellent.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Apr 08, 2013, 09:13:38 AM
  • The opening scene. The little moments from Winter Is Coming were wonderful (for a moment there I actually thought we were going to see Eddard Stark).

Aye, me too. It would have been the perfect time and place for a Sean Bean cameo.

Eva

Eva

Getting the new episode right now. Faster, dammit! :D

EEV2650

EEV2650

Check out Brienne of Tarth actress Gwendoline Christie. She cleans up nice.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 09, 2013, 05:51:18 AM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/558005_589584241051973_1997478265_n.jpg

She's got legs that go alllllll the way up...

...to my shoulder.

EEV2650

EEV2650

When I saw that photo I totally had a charlize theron/monster moment. Ya know comparing the role to the real person.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Finished the latest episode today... good Christ, Brienne is a f**king badass. So perfectly cast, as well. Must've been quite a relief when they found her for the role.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/558005_589584241051973_1997478265_n.jpg
Yeah she does.

Shasvre

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 09, 2013, 05:52:22 AM

She's got legs that go alllllll the way up...

...to my shoulder.

...and she knows how to use them!  Er...sorry. Anyway look forward to her and Jaime's on going relationship if you could call it that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed