Is there a way to ignore certain threads?

Started by Nostromo, Oct 13, 2016, 03:46:52 AM

Author
Is there a way to ignore certain threads? (Read 3,178 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

I go through the view latest posts most of the times and honestly got really tired of anything to do with Preds & toys as it's not my cup of tea. So it was pretty cool to find an option to ignore those as I'm just into Alien movies, Comics & movies in general, Alien news, some video games, etc..

But what about certain threads like all those political garbage threads, is there any way to block or ignore them?

If not, it's no biggie.

The Alien Predator

I see an "ignore boards" button when checking the show latest posts since last visit, but am not sure exactly what it does as I haven't used it.

I always assumed that was the button to ignore threads and have considered using it a couple of times but decided against it.

Just don't click on the threads, check the ones you want and then mark everything as read from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

Nostromo

Could be I'm not seeing it right now because I'm on a mobile. Will check tomorrow thanks guy.

So nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure, correct?

windebieste

"f**kin' 'ey!"

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 13, 2016, 03:58:08 AM
Could be I'm not seeing it right now because I'm on a mobile. Will check tomorrow thanks guy.

So nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure, correct?

If the "ignore boards" button is what I think it is...

You vs Political Threads at 0:20

Nostromo

That was overkill lol.

whiterabbit

There's an ignore thread button? Where? I pressed the ignore (a certain) user button once but all I think it does is block them from pm'ing you where as I thought it would hide all of their comments. Talk about disappointing. However pressing it would make for an awkward thread experience.

Damn seems like the nuke it from orbit is our best bet.  :'(

The Alien Predator

Go on your computer, whiterabbit, click on "show unread posts since last visit" and if there's some threads, underneath the threads, right above the page numbers there's two buttons.

One says "Mark All Threads As Read" and the other says "Ignore Boards".

I am not sure if that's a "block threads" button, maybe it's a counter to marking things as "read" but still wiping them out of your list. I never clicked it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh, that's where that is. Thanks for the info.

btw: staff, have any of you read this thread yet?

Darkness

Darkness

I know a lot of people have requested this feature so I added a mod for it. In the Unread pages you can tick the thread you want, then click ignore topics and it won't ever appear there anymore. Or you can do it from the topic page. You can view your ignore topics in your profile settings.

The threads will still obviously show up if you go to the boards in question.

Nostromo

Hey there, thanks! Goodbye politics!! :)

The Alien Predator

Thanks Darkness.

Randomizer

Ok, that might actually make me use the function more. Thank you, Darkness.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 16, 2016, 01:38:29 PM
Hey there, thanks! Goodbye politics!! :)

Lucky bastard.

Thanks for adding the feature, D. Seems we have quite a few happy folk!

whiterabbit

So bascially this is self termination of a thread... I wonder how long until he realizes that he's all alone. Oh, wait, no that's right, it's Hicks job to be there and moderate the thread.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed