*Video* Ask AVP's Rebellion 10 Questions! Interview

Started by AngryJoeShow, Mar 08, 2010, 01:55:28 AM

Author
*Video* Ask AVP's Rebellion 10 Questions! Interview (Read 13,973 times)

AngryJoeShow

AngryJoeShow

Quote from: mum on Mar 08, 2010, 02:49:49 AM
YES! i have been trying to get an answer to this question in the [REB] TRIGGER thread, but they seem to be really busy now and have not been in there in a while.  So heres is my question....

Why can players not have any control over very basic multiplayer options, such as setting the number of player respawns in multiplayer matches (you could in their first game), as well as limiting weapons (also could in Reb's first game), or messing with the predator hunt's predator time. There was a whole chunk of community that really liked team death matches with only 1 life per person, and limiting these basic options that are so old really really seems like a step back. Changing some of these basic options allows players to customize the game to their own tastes, and offers alot of game variety with little effort!!!!

Sorry, its just that this has been making me much more upset than it should.

More Customization in the Control schemes.

As I read some of these here and at other places im beginning to wonder how to "structure" this, there are certain questions that arent really questions that can be answered per say - but things that need to be brought to their attention in a kinda (these are what we want for the sequel kinda way).
Hmmm...

Maybe at the end of the session, These are the things we hated *Respond* (Did you design this intentially?, Was it time constraints?, etc)

Then These are the things we loved *Respond*?

T.L.22

I know this is probably a low priority curiosity, but still feel we deserve an answer:

Where is the soundtrack for this game?!

Seriously though, I really enjoyed most of the music in this game, and there were no tracks that I disliked. Plus, the credits music was quite beautiful. I was wondering if Rebellion or Sega had any plans for releasing the soundtrack on CD or iTunes or Amazon or anything? I'd love a copy to just listen to, as I do with AvP99's, and AvP-R's (hey! Bryan Tyler's score was good!).

Spaghetti

Quote from: Huol on Mar 08, 2010, 03:39:35 AM
Who had the bright idea to make the predator the dominant melee species?

Gladius_

Quote from: AngryJoeShow on Mar 08, 2010, 03:50:34 AM
Quote from: Gladius_ on Mar 08, 2010, 02:23:11 AM
Thanks Joe! Anyway, mine are.. is there a patch incoming for the consoles? This is a question that's been on everyone's mind. If there is, is it possible we can get an ETA? If not a coming soon or even an "Eventually" would be nice. Second, are they read to talk about balance or possible gameplay changes or upcoming dlc? These are the biggest ones that circulate the forums.

When you talk about patch is theres something specific that needed to be patched?

Oh, nothing really specific. I just mean any incoming patches to the consoles. Like, recently they patched the pc but so far we've had none for the consoles. An ETA or even a "coming soon" would be real nice. :P

mum

Quote from: AngryJoeShow on Mar 08, 2010, 03:54:59 AM
Quote from: mum on Mar 08, 2010, 02:49:49 AM
YES! i have been trying to get an answer to this question in the [REB] TRIGGER thread, but they seem to be really busy now and have not been in there in a while.  So heres is my question....

Why can players not have any control over very basic multiplayer options, such as setting the number of player respawns in multiplayer matches (you could in their first game), as well as limiting weapons (also could in Reb's first game), or messing with the predator hunt's predator time. There was a whole chunk of community that really liked team death matches with only 1 life per person, and limiting these basic options that are so old really really seems like a step back. Changing some of these basic options allows players to customize the game to their own tastes, and offers alot of game variety with little effort!!!!

Sorry, its just that this has been making me much more upset than it should.

More Customization in the Control schemes.

As I read some of these here and at other places im beginning to wonder how to "structure" this, there are certain questions that arent really questions that can be answered per say - but things that need to be brought to their attention in a kinda (these are what we want for the sequel kinda way).
Hmmm...

Maybe at the end of the session, These are the things we hated *Respond* (Did you design this intentially?, Was it time constraints?, etc)

Then These are the things we loved *Respond*?

Thanks for the direct response Angry Joe, i really hope to get an answer from this about the lack of control over basic mulitplayer options (limited respawns!!!). Also this is unrelated, but i thought you STO video was bang on, and a really fun and creative way to present your criticisms. It must have been a lot of work, but keep it up because its nice to see a real sci-fi fan squeaking the wheel about these games flaws.

Chris!(($$))!

1. Will they fix some of the VERY needed balancing issues with Multiplayer?
-Adding KD to Preds.
-Stronger Xeno Heavy Attack.
-Smart Disc is overpowered, tone it down.

2. Will Rebellion be showing anything about AvP3 DLC wise at E3.

3. Any plans for new multiplayer modes
-Evac Mode
-More objective based modes.
-Etc

RidgeTop

Are there any plans for more AVP related XBL/PSN content? PSHome costumes in the US, Premium/Dynamic themes, Avatar clothing/costumes?

cerebral45

cerebral45

is there a PS3 patch coming to fix the problems with the online? it takes so long to find a ranked match and when you do its only with about 4 people max in the room and are you guys going to add in join in progress to friendly matches? cuz is sucks not being able to join rooms when they already begin it SUCKS

of the 8 movies, what are your favourite and least favourite in the franchise? if possible put them in order from best to worst.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

How much content and extras do you plan on adding to this game over the years its out? Even a nebulous response would do such as "we'd like to add so and so as time goes on". Games such as RE5 and many others are still getting new things add almost every couple months its seems.

Oh, and why wasn't something as simplistic (in idea) as a mute button added? You know, I loved listening to 14 year olds sputtering off f-bomb tantrums as the next guy  ::), but I'd like a little respite from it everyone once in awhile.

skull-splitter

-Will the conceptart will be released in the end? (AvP2 did a few years back, well, some of it, but it was just cool to see what thought went into the designs)

-Will there be more support for this game, even now fans say it's already on it's hind legs?
-Does Rebellion feel this is the best they have to offer or did the game suffer from lack of time/budget/experience?
-While admirable, why does Rebellion cling to the engine for dear life while other engines would do the trick just fine too?
-Who had more influence on the game in terms of gameplay/design/story, Rebellion, SEGA or Fox?

-If they were to develop a new incarnation, what would they change, do better or delve deeper into?
-This is more a suggestion than a question: why not have a seperate team working on MP components, much like Grey Matter did for RTCW: ET, which is even now one of the best examples of a split development of SP and MP, and oddly enough the new approach on the new Medal of Honour title (DICE taking over the MP in even another engine than the SP component)?

MadassAlex

In your own opinions, which new gameplay elements turned out well? Which ones didn't live up to your expectations, and what ideas would you like to play with in future installments?

What was the reasoning behind the dominance of the brighter, outdoor maps?

There are a lot of cool features in SP that aren't in MP, such as the use of ventilation shafts, doors broken and working, power grids that can be sabotaged and sentry turrets. While they aren't in MP due to legitimate balance reasons, might those features have a place in future installments?

KissenKitten

Life Cycle mode for the aliens?

And how about a last stand mode for the predators? I mean come on, imagine it. 4 predators, the top of pyramid, infinite plasma caster ammo and a butt load of aliens heading up from all sides. Just like in the movie. SWEET!

Any enhanced modes with any of the other currently npc characters? I'd love to get behind the wheel of the Queen!

The rest of my questions are rather standard. DLC? Maps? Skins?

Thanks!

maddog2281

Ok question one when will the extra multiplayer maps come out?
question two is actually a two parter which I'm sure you get lots of questions regarding, but i have waited and thought id see if i could get a more up to date response, will you be increasing the flamethrower damage? as it just doesn't handle right, even the alternative fire cant be used to do as specified in the manual as the flames don't do damage or deter enemies and it dies down too quick, also will it show up on predators vision as a heat source for a more realistic appearance?
question 3 will there be new skins with attributes e.g for the alien or even an acid spit that takes time to charge (it could blind if not do damage) would be nice, the alien is so easily beat down when up-close and picked off with targeting weapons from a distance (the alien spit is the only attribute i could really wish to see)
question 4 unbalanced team games will this be addressed, an uptake on this would be nice to set up how many species you can set on each side e.g. 2 predators 3 aliens and 4 marines, might help stop games where you in a room and watch people join and switch to predators so you end up with 10 predators in a game.
thanks for listening hope some or all questions will get an answer in the end

Puks

If Rebellion indeed makes a sequel, will it feature longer and more complex single-player?

Will there be new weapons and abilities available via DLC? Or an expansion pack? Or a sequel? We need moar weapunz!11!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed