*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content)

Started by X-SOLDIER, Feb 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM

Author
*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content) (Read 13,721 times)

magical_boy

Quote from: X-SOLDIER on Feb 24, 2010, 05:12:53 PM
I think that if there's not TOO much added, the Space Jockeys (or at least the remains of a portion of their civilization / ship) would be a good addition in the Sequel. I have to agree that making them too involved with the story could ruin a portion of the mystery surrounding them that makes them so intriguing. I think that seeing one of the SJ-spawned Xenomorphs, possibly even an ancient would be a good idea, especially since we know they burst out of the one in the ship on LV-426, and as far as I'm aware, that one's still not accounted for.

Quote from: happypred on Feb 24, 2010, 06:10:32 AM
the planet Karl Weyland believed to be the alien homeworld is only one of many ancient abandoned jockey planets (a vast number of aliens lie dormant/hibernating in a vast cavernous jockey city)

think something along the lines of Destroying Angels, the new DH Aliens comic series, or even Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness

this planet is significant to the predators because the predators revere the jockeys as ancient gods and hunts conducted on this planet are considered to be sacred, rarely are they conducted and then almost always by lone elders

the aliens on this planet are also "special" as they are an ancient strain birthed from jockey hosts

I think the jockeys are worth exploring, but as in Destroying Angels, I think if it involves only an abandoned jockey city or something along those lines, it deepens rather than removes the mystery

I like these ideas. it would be cool if rebellion involved the jockeys indirectly. they would just have to be clever and subtle about it. the only bad thing is that the jockeys might come off too much like the xelnaga or forerunners but I think the jockeys are unique enough to stand apart not to mention a lot of halo and starcraft was inspired by avp in the first place

Joe117

You what would be neat....if they made a MP mode like left for dead (versus), have AI aliens and people could play aliens that have unique abilities, it would kinda spice things up, idk, if done right it could be fun.

FiveByFive

I like the whole "keep the space jockeys a mysterious element" theme, would make for something good.

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: FiveByFive on Feb 24, 2010, 08:41:17 PM
I like the whole "keep the space jockeys a mysterious element" theme, would make for something good.

I'd like them to be still very mysterious, but also make sure that they're slightly involved, whereas in this game, they weren't brought up at all (and really didn't need to be at this point). It's only because they look to involve the Alien Homeworld.

X 8)

elderwolf

i wonder if the SJ and preds every met perhaps the alien was created for the predators to have a worthy foe or maybe the preds were at war with the SJ and the alien was  created to destroy the preds,

Le Celticant

Quote from: elderwolf on Feb 24, 2010, 09:06:38 PM
i wonder if the SJ and preds every met perhaps the alien was created for the predators to have a worthy foe or maybe the preds were at war with the SJ and the alien was  created to destroy the preds,
In comic book, game and sucki*g movie yeah.
Truth? Predator never met Alien and Alien franchise is Alien franchise.
It's not because this "miss Yutani" got a Predator plasma that they were able to build space ship.

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 24, 2010, 09:13:08 PM
In comic book, game and sucki*g movie yeah.
Truth? Predator never met Alien and Alien franchise is Alien franchise.
It's not because this "miss Yutani" got a Predator plasma that they were able to build space ship.

Alien Franchise is still the Alien Franchise. Per Rebellion's Q&A, Fox considers Aliens, Predators, and AvP to be different franchises / continuities. I'll see if I can find the direct quote.

EDIT: Here it is - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=29172.msg646408#msg646408

Quote from: [REB]TriggerThat's a fairly accurate summary of part of the issue.  The other part is because the Aliens vs Predator story is considered by Fox to be separate to the other franchises.

That means that in the Alien films, there's no direct involvement from the Predators.

X 8)

Adey

i dout that they will put sj in next game, it is possible that they will, but only as a reference to alien, they probably wont divulge any new info about them, cos they could be leaving it to the movie writers to come up with their own thing. if you check youtube for avp redemption video, it is a good idea for the sequel to avp3 as it starts similar to the way avp3 finished minus the part about why the pred is there.

X-SOLDIER

I'm really beginning to like the idea of dealling with a ruined Space Jockey city on the Xeno Homeworld at some point near the end of the game. Especially cause the Space Jockey Xenomoprh would make an awesome final boss, it definately fits the bigger, better boss idea in my mind, especially after I managed to find this picture.

(There's more information about the image here: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26037 )

I think that I may go through and review my initial idea, and lead it to a point where they manage to reach the Xeno Homeworld briefly.

X 8)

Adey

the alien that comes from the space jockey wont be anything special cos in A1 an alien had burst through the SJ chest but we dont know for shore wether the SJ was transporting the eggs and one hatched or if there was only one egg/facehugger hidden on board attacked him turned into queen then layed her eggs on the ship, because the queen in A2 could have already been there on the ship then after her brude impregnated the colonists thats when she could have moved into the atmo station cos the films dont actually tell us

X-SOLDIER

Well, I went and revised the first post with my new idea. It's quite a bit longer, and broken into paragraphs, and if you'd like to look into it, I'd be much appreciative of some Feedback. I left the ending conclusive, but it's easily remidied if anyone from W-Y Manages to survive (a cyborg out in space for example). Anyhows, I hope you like the idea.

X 8)

Private Hudson

No.

happypred

I love the sinister potential of the jockeys

very Lovecraftian

Adey

from that pic the space jockey's head looks to big for a face hugger come to think of it so does the one in the film

happypred

Quote from: Pauk -d Paya on Feb 25, 2010, 01:51:46 AM
from that pic the space jockey's head looks to big for a face hugger come to think of it so does the one in the film

the one in the movie doesn't

this one does cuz it's a statue

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed