AVP 3 Multiplayer Game Modes / Wishlist

Started by VEF214, Aug 23, 2009, 05:25:53 PM

Author
AVP 3 Multiplayer Game Modes / Wishlist (Read 23,571 times)

Bjassie

Bjassie

I was thinking about a assault mode for AvP (multiplayer of course). Dont have any ideas for predator assault mode. But I have some ideas for Aliens and Marines.

Marines I thought of the following: Assault an Alien hive to destroy eggs,kill the queen or retrive an alien specimen. Or something else in that direction.
So the first you would have to do. Is to secure the hive entrance so that you can go in. After that you would have to clear several chambers of eggs or ALiens, in order to cut off Alien reinforcements.
The main idea is  that you have to complete several secondary obejectives before completing the primary one.

Now for Aliens I thought something like that your primary objective is to destroy a satelite dish/ Satelite controls to prevent the marines from escaping/ bringing in reinforcements.
the secondary objectives would consist out of things like for example : cutting power lines, cutting acces to a armory, gaining acces to sewer rooms.
The marines could also complete some small defensive obejectives like gaining acces to an area where they can aquire some turrets to deploy.
And this can go also the other way around that the marines are the ones to activate the satelite to get the crap out of the alien infested base or to bring in reinforcements.

Now why I think this would be a cool thing to be implemented? Because I think it would really give the game the feel from the movies. And I think it would be really fun to play if it propely implemented into the game.
Now my question to you is if you would support this if it would be brought into the game? or would you even support this idea in the first place?

Greenpakto

Greenpakto

Quote from: Bjassie on Mar 29, 2010, 01:29:14 PM
I was thinking about a assault mode for AvP (multiplayer of course). Dont have any ideas for predator assault mode. But I have some ideas for Aliens and Marines.

Marines I thought of the following: Assault an Alien hive to destroy eggs,kill the queen or retrive an alien specimen. Or something else in that direction.
So the first you would have to do. Is to secure the hive entrance so that you can go in. After that you would have to clear several chambers of eggs or ALiens, in order to cut off Alien reinforcements.
The main idea is  that you have to complete several secondary obejectives before completing the primary one.

Now for Aliens I thought something like that your primary objective is to destroy a satelite dish/ Satelite controls to prevent the marines from escaping/ bringing in reinforcements.
the secondary objectives would consist out of things like for example : cutting power lines, cutting acces to a armory, gaining acces to sewer rooms.
The marines could also complete some small defensive obejectives like gaining acces to an area where they can aquire some turrets to deploy.
And this can go also the other way around that the marines are the ones to activate the satelite to get the crap out of the alien infested base or to bring in reinforcements.

Now why I think this would be a cool thing to be implemented? Because I think it would really give the game the feel from the movies. And I think it would be really fun to play if it propely implemented into the game.
Now my question to you is if you would support this if it would be brought into the game? or would you even support this idea in the first place?

Assault and defend is the only gamemode that is truly missing :)

PS: Also something similiar to hold the flag/egg/armwrist and carry to base :P

Bmurs

DEMOLITION!!!!!!

Each of the 2 teams is consisted of 1 race say human vs predators for example

humans have to destroy the predators grounded dropship to win the match but at the same time predators try to destroy the human bunker as for the aliens you have to destroy their hive. 4-6 players per team, no spawn delayfirst team to destroy the others base wins...

Bjassie

Bjassie

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Good idea.

You could have the same with Predators vs Aliens, Predators must enter the nest and capture the queen, moving from chamber to chamber, aliens must defend the nest at all costs.

The reverse would see the predators fighting there way out of the nest, they must protect the queens shackles, aliens can get close and damage the shackles with melee attacks, once they are broken its game over.

Pretty simple to implement as well, but it probably wont be added due to the laziness of the devs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed