If There Was A AVPE 2 Coming Out Would You Get It And What Would Like It To Have

Started by Lie, Jan 17, 2010, 01:12:44 AM

If There Was A AVPE 2 Coming Out Would You Get It

Yes
40 (75.5%)
No
6 (11.3%)
Maybe
7 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author
If There Was A AVPE 2 Coming Out Would You Get It And What Would Like It To Have (Read 7,940 times)

Lie

2 Upgrades!

Double Unit Cap!

Marine Airstrike!

Private Hudson

No, I wouldn't. It added some stupid things and didn't have a good story at all.

Mr. Domino

Xenomorphine

Never able to play the original, because it wasn't on PC, but I do think a decent adaptation could be done.

More so for the 'Terminator' series, in all honesty. Perhaps from a Skynet-only perspective, because that would be the most fun and the human units wouldn't be as interesting or diverse, unless it began with them gaining control of some Skynet factories: But then, why wouldn't Skynet just destroy them? Plus, Terminator versus Terminator would be confusing.

Aliens, Predators and Marines would be different: Only the Marines could have much in the way of diversity. Predators and, especially, Aliens are best portrayed as one-size-fits-all. At the most, you could have 'light' Predators and 'heavy' Predators, but that would be just about all there should be or it gets silly.

Alien unit diversity would run a huge risk of not only being silly, but infringing on copyright of Tyranids, from the 'Warhammer' series. Maybe capturing different wildlife for different body designs? But they should all be just about as strong as one another and it's not like they'd have different abilities.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 17, 2010, 09:03:04 AM
Alien unit diversity would run a huge risk of not only being silly, but infringing on copyright of Tyranids, from the 'Warhammer' series.

I would be immensely amused if GW ever tried to sue anybody for copyright infringement.

Geraint95

Hell yeah I'd get it. I'd like a skirmish battle mode like in halo wars, 2 upgrades, hero characters with special abilities like on battle for middle earth 2 (i.e for the preds there hero could be any of the predators from any of the films, for the aliens you could have grid or number six or the newborn or an extinction 2 exclusive bad arse new alien species,for the humans there heroes could be cpl hicks or vasquez or ripley etc) better graphics, better looking predator special forces, human tanks and armoured car and airstrikes, and realy strong bad ass aliens bred from a Gro' tye or a dinosaur.

Chris!(($$))!

If they were given enough time to make it then why not. It would be an awesome thing to have.

FrostbyteZER0

I wouldn't get Extinction 2. They would have to have someone (game company) work long and hard at a better AvP RTS game with light RPG elements thrown into the mix. Also statistic tracking and such as far as static characters for both the campaign and online modes. Maybe AvP: Annihilation would work as a better title.

Create the game for modern consoles and PC (especially PC). Make sure the graphics are atmospheric with lighting and shadows with world based conditions ie. fog, day/night cycle, rain. Make each species have world interactive objects, such that aliens can break open ventilation covers and climb inside the air ducts to sneak aroudn the map without drawing attention (indoor areas only). Predator can move through trees above ground level also to avoid direct attention. Marines can weld doors shut, or create basic barriers to take cover behind, salvage equipment from wreckage etc. Basically give Marines the largest variety of interactions next to the Aliens. Aliens can convert portions of the level into hive resin areas which look exactly like the movies instead of that creeping resin from those bizarre nodes. (aliens go to work for a short period of time generating resin as they traverse the entire room creating a hive chamber. The hive resin can interconnect between rooms, making the hive even larger, so much so that you can convert an entire levels colony interior to be a hive. provided youve had enoguh time to do so without much interference)

Alien species have a unit cap of 50, which can be increased in MP game modes depending on host settings (however a higher number of units scouring the map will be taxing on the PC). Aliens rely mostly on using stealth to take out their enemies. Using whatever the map has to offer (vents, hive resin to hide against, gaps to take cover in, etc) they can set up an ambush for other players that enter that specific area. Alien units arent an insane variety of units as in Extinction. In Annihilation you have the basic canon Alien units (Drone/Warrior, Runner) and some favorite non-canon (Praetorian, Predalien). Maybe add Alien skins to the game similar to AvP 2010. Host collecting acts differently. Hosts get cocooned to the wall for facehuggers to infest. Alien players will need hive resin in order to do this, otherwise theyll dump the bodies near eggs. (automatically drag them back to where the queen is laying eggs if commanded to collect host).

Predator players get unit cap of 3. Each Predator character has static stats and can level up from kills to use new gear and be customized. Same goes for Marines. I would add more on these two but i have to get going.

MadassAlex

RTS isn't the genre for this franchise. It doesn't make sense for the Predators or the Aliens.

FrostbyteZER0

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 02, 2010, 01:41:50 AM
RTS isn't the genre for this franchise. It doesn't make sense for the Predators or the Aliens.

True. I'd like to think that if my idea there was done right though, that it would be a fun game to play. Problem is that MP would be difficult to put together to allow for fair gameplay.. Meh. I give up on the idea lol.

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 17, 2010, 04:23:55 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 17, 2010, 09:03:04 AM
Alien unit diversity would run a huge risk of not only being silly, but infringing on copyright of Tyranids, from the 'Warhammer' series.

I would be immensely amused if GW ever tried to sue anybody for copyright infringement.

Especially over the Tyranids...

xAncientOne

-Good story
-Fun gameplay
In my opinion I kinda enjoyed AvP:Extinction because it was actually kinda fun. Sending a swarm of Aliens at the Marine's base and watching the fight and screams. Oh gosh, I miss that game.  :'(

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I would buy it.
Improvements number two needs:

Alien:
-Two different modes: Kill and Harvest. Generally if you send Aliens into a fight you can pic two different attack modes. Kill does maximum damage but includes Headbites and Impaling, thus killing the host. Harvest mode makes Aliens do about half or more damage but keeps the host Alive. This would make it particularly interesting for Aliens fighting Predators because a group of say... 6 Aliens could either kill the Predator or lose allot or maybe even them all if they choose to Harvest. But the Harvesting would pay off via bringing deadly PredAliens into play.
-Aliens can hive up rooms. The advantage would be that the population cap is increased and Aliens can 'sleep' there to regain health. Hive would be created via a Warrior Alien (explained in next point) or a Queen via using evolution points maybe? Hive could also be the Alien responce to the Marine garnishing the ability to barricade; by using Evo points Aliens could Hive up doors.
-Normal Aliens (none Queens or Facehugger) have three Life stages. Aliens start as soft-headed Drones, then after a relatively small amount of time... maybe 7 minutes Aliens can return to a Hived Wall and molt into a ridge-headed Warriors that have a small increase in attack ect. If a single Warrior gains enough XP from battles, and I'm talking quite a bit here, they would again gain the ability to return to a Hived Wall and molt into a Praetorian for Evo points. Praetorian would be pretty big, and pack a mighty punch. Even as far to say as 4 maybe 5 Warriors. There would be some sort of cap on how many... maybe 1 for every 3 Hived Walls?
-The Queen is created via a Royal Facehugger such as in Alien 3 that has the ability to implant two embryos. A Royal Hugger looks just like a slightly larger normal Hugger. You would have to upgrade the egg for Evo points. After impregnation she ruptures as a Burster after about 45 Seconds. She then molts immediately into a 'Baby Queen' that is incapable of Laying eggs. She is roughly Praetorian in size and after choosing a nesting site Molts into a 'young' Queen that is reminiscent of Aliens, complete with an eggsack. She can lay an egg every 45 seconds. Using a huge amount of Evo Points would morph the Young Queen into an "Empress" similar in size to the Queen from AvP. She would be the Strongest unit in game and lay eggs every 35 seconds instead. More Upgrade options would become available too.

I simply can't be arsed with the other two at the moment.

Lie

*Crying*

That was beautiful I would kill to play that game, I was wondering where you were going when you said remove the whole transbreed and purebreed system but the way you descrided the making of a preatorian completely clears things up. Knocking out people or killing them the choices you should have as Alien.

ScoobySnax

Quote from: Lie1295 on Mar 22, 2010, 08:06:11 PM
*Crying*

That was beautiful I would kill to play that game, I was wondering where you were going when you said remove the whole transbreed and purebreed system but the way you descrided the making of a preatorian completely clears things up.
Yeah, I mean Runners are great 'n all but it would get really confusing having 3 different varients for them too. I need varients for PredAliens aswell :O

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed