Writer Tapped!

Started by Pvt. Hicks, May 05, 2009, 04:32:59 AM

Author
Writer Tapped! (Read 7,070 times)

Aeus

Aeus

I can't really be happy or sad about his, as the guy hasn't done anything to critique.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

He shall be co-directing at least some parts of it.

He's done some decent stuff. 'The Faculty' was excellent. It's just that what he wrote for this was so far removed form what made the source material great, that it is worrying.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am freakin' glad that it's intended as a sequel. Hell yes,

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not really much we can say in this regard but I do trust the unknowns. Shouldn't trust 'em so much after AvPR and BS but...they all start somewhere.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 06, 2009, 12:24:51 PM
Not really much we can say in this regard but I do trust the unknowns. Shouldn't trust 'em so much after AvPR and BS but...they all start somewhere.

How about neither trusting nor distrusting them, until knowing what they are capable of? :)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Dam it just hit me, if they are hiring a noob writer then for sure they will hire a noob director.....

dam! :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Based on? The Thomas Brothers were noobs, but McTiernan wasn't.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I gotta feeling a noob director is going to be hired bro I'm just sayin.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2009, 06:01:25 PM
Based on? The Thomas Brothers were noobs, but McTiernan wasn't.
Well, he had done one (mediocre) movie before Predator and was pretty much unknown.

Davis even said in the Predator DVD that they hired a noob director on purpose because they needed a "fresh voice".

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 06, 2009, 12:24:51 PM

It was obvious something was wrong with AVPR from the first publicity shots, it was also equally obvious the Brothers were here for marketing, nothing more. Whether those tenets will apply to this movie will be equally obvious, when information becomes available.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 06, 2009, 07:31:58 PM
Well, he had done one (mediocre) movie before Predator and was pretty much unknown.

Davis even said in the Predator DVD that they hired a noob director on purpose because they needed a "fresh voice".

Still churned out a terrific film. I'm not too worried.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2009, 08:07:23 PM
Still churned out a terrific film. I'm not too worried.
I never said it is a bad thing to choose a noob director, only that it happens that they hire one.

XenoVC

XenoVC

QuoteThe other interesting news is that the new Predators movie is being written as a 'sequel' which means it won't disregard everything that has happened in Predator 1 and 2.
Faith +2

SiL

SiL

Then Rodriguez goes and says it's still a reboot.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on May 06, 2009, 09:28:16 PM
Then Rodriguez goes and says it's still a reboot.

What he said worries me. It's still too early for our optimism/pessimism to come to fruition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed