Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, May 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

Author
Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 91,687 times)

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: newbeing on May 31, 2012, 06:48:12 PM
Looks like no PC collectors edition in the US again....

Im bummed as well.

Tex

Tex

Quote from: newbeing on May 31, 2012, 07:53:40 PM
From ChrisF at the Gearbox forums.

QuoteJust heard back about Collector's Edition and pre-order bonus content for PC.

For North America: Those that pre-order the digial download of Aliens: Colonial Marines from GameStop will receive the GameStop Pre-Order Bonus (Hudson, Hicks, Drake, Apone, Ripley's Flamethrower, Addtl. Customization Options) but there are no plans to release a Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines on PC in North America. For those that don't pre-order the digital download version from GameStop, all of the in-game items contained in the GameStop Pre-Order Bonus will be available for purchase at some point after the launch of the game. I'm checking to see if the in-game items exclusive to the Collector's Edition (USCM Academy Firing Range, Phase Plasma Rifle, Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers) will be made available for those in North America, and will update this post once I have more details there.

For International: Both a Limited Edition and Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available PC internationally. In addition, all of the in-game items contained in the Limited Edition will be available for purchase at some point after the launch of the game.

Phew the no CE for PC scared me....I love living in NZ, we got most things :D

escroto

escroto

I can foresee Ripley's PR+FT "bundle" being subjected to thorough "This is overpowered!" debate soon after the game arrives

On a personal note, I had planned to be the classic PR grunt, but now that I see that plasma rifle..., uuum, interesting

Tex

Tex

Quote from: escroto on Jun 01, 2012, 10:53:35 AM
I can foresee Ripley's PR+FT "bundle" being subjected to thorough "This is overpowered!" debate soon after the game arrives

On a personal note, I had planned to be the classic PR grunt, but now that I see that plasma rifle..., uuum, interesting
I would say the inability of holding a secondary, ads, and bring up the motion sensor would be a good compromise

Predaker

Predaker

I would be surprised if its overpowered. I really doubt that.

Sonic electronic ball breakers, on the other hand...  8)

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 01, 2012, 11:51:12 AMSonic electronic ball breakers, on the other hand...  8)
the main purpose of that weapon must be shooting at crushers head on, not attacking them from behind as GB said you should engage them.

Quote from: Predaker on May 31, 2012, 06:24:43 PM
That link says the skins will be available for competitive multiplayer. Not surprised, but we will see a whole bunch of Hudsons' running around online now. Lol

fixed.

newbeing

newbeing

Another tidbit from Clumsyorchid over at the Sega forums.

QuoteOfficial word on PC in the US from the folks here, just got a response:

The landscape of the US retail market is different from Europe, which is why we're focusing the PC Collector's Edition on European retailers

Yup. Looks like I'm gonna have to import from Europe >:I

Tex

Tex

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 01, 2012, 01:23:09 PM
Another tidbit from Clumsyorchid over at the Sega forums.

QuoteOfficial word on PC in the US from the folks here, just got a response:

The landscape of the US retail market is different from Europe, which is why we're focusing the PC Collector's Edition on European retailers

Yup. Looks like I'm gonna have to import from Europe >:I

If you particularly want it, the postage should be worth it, it'll only be what $50 max?

newbeing

newbeing

$50 dollars just for the postage? Screw that.

Tex

Tex

well, that's to NZ quickly, not sure what it would be to US and that is also in $NZ not sure what it ends up being in US$ probably around 25-40max, it's your call mate. :P GL anyhow.

newbeing

newbeing

Just found out Amazon UK doesn't allow games to be shipped to the US so looks like I'm SOL. Oh well.

ikarop

Nightlord

Nightlord

Will definitely be getting this, Hudson and Sonic electronic Ball breakers what more could you want.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Am I the only one that feels like I have GB's lips all over my ass? This CE feels like its trying way too hard to please me and I don't like it...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed